I've been watching 'Supernatural' for Jane After Dark, my weekly column chronicling all the TV shows I watch on DVD into the wee hours. I'm now up to season five, episode 11, 'Sam, Interrupted,' and frankly, this season's been a little slow going.
After the dark powers that gripped the Winchester boys in season four, it almost seems like the writers have forgotten all about the fact that Sam unleashed Lucifer onto the world in the season four finale. You would think that once the Devil had escaped from the depths of Hell, he'd be running roughshod over the planet.
You know how I told you guys I'd probably finish season four of 'Supernatural' and then wait for season five to be released on DVD? Yeah, that's not gonna happen. After watching the season four finale, I immediately started buying episodes of season five from iTunes (I couldn't find a good place to see them online for free - if you know of any, pass the word along). At this writing, I'm just about to watch 'The End.'
The mythology has really kicked into high gear during seasons four and five, and if perchance demons destroyed all the ways I could watch season five, I'd have to break into Eric Kripke's office and steal the scripts so I could find out what happens next.
That's right. Cranston will be playing Lucifer on the ABC Family limited-run series Fallen. The series is a continuation of a movie that ABCF aired over the summer; in it, an 18-year old kid named Aaron struggles to come to terms with his new identity when he finds out that he is half-human, half-angel (I wonder which parent was the angel. If it's the mom, I'd love to meet her for coffee).
Well, I am shocked. It looks like Kevin's pact with the Devil is up, and he has finally been eliminated. I assume this means that the Devil will now collect on Kevin's soul and he will have to travel to Hell, spending eternity burning in the flames of everlasting darkness. I'm confused if that's how it actually works because in every "sell your soul to the Devil" movie I've ever seen, somehow the Devil is tricked into giving the person their soul back. (Which is a little unfair to the Devil, don't you think? I mean, the guy's got a business to run and people keep breaching their contracts.) I'm sure Kevin will somehow weasel his way out of his pact as well. Most likely, the Chicken Little people already have Kevin trademarked and will threaten copyright infringement upon the Devil if he collects on his soul. Alas, the Devil gets screwed again.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.5 Photos: Felicity's Origin Story
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Episode 7.9 Photos: Conflict and Heartache Strike SAMCRO
- 'The 100' Episode 2.3 Photos: Clarke and Anya Attempt an Escape
- 'Reign' Episode 2.6 Photos: Mary and Catherine on the Run
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Corpse at the Convention'
- More From BuddyTV
- Grimm Post Mortem: Claire Coffee on Vengeance, Vermin &'Gossipy' Wesen
- NBC Recast Scoop: Uma Thurman In, Mary-Louise Parker Out in The Slap
- Sharon Stone to Play Female Veep in TNT's Newly Greenlit Agent X
- Bad Judge and A to Z Cancelled by NBC
- The Originals Photos: Esther Tortures Elijah — Plus: Her Master Plan Revealed
- More From TVLine
- What Really Happened While Making ‘Honey Boo Boo'
- 30 Years Later, ‘CHiPs' Cast Reunites
- Snooki Opens Up About Her New Baby, Upcoming Wedding and Not Having Sex
- Child Services Investigating Honey Boo Boo's Family, Grandmother Says
- 19 Rules Everyone Should Follow on Halloween (Yes, That Means You Too)
- More From ET