This season's premiere of Dog the Bounty Hunter had Dog and his crew flying to San Francisco to capture a suspected drug dealer named Samu Savea who had been eluding them for years. He was rumored to be playing on a semi-professional football team called the Daly City Renegades. Dog's team staked out the practice field, and spotted one player who they thought was Savea, but was actually Simaile "Cisco" Lutu, a nightclub promoter. Dog's son Leland was the first to approach Lutu, but it was soon revealed he wasn't the man they were after. Now Lutu has filed a lawsuit against Dog and his bail bonds company. He claims he was handcuffed and held at gunpoint by police officers on two separate occasions following his encounter with Dog.
I actually saw the episode in question, and what puzzles me is that the lawsuit claims Lutu asked not to have his image shown on television. That may be true, but during the scene on the practice field he was doing everything he could to be seen on camera, and so did many of his teammates. At the time, it appeared that he was absolutely enthralled with the idea of being the center of attention on a popular reality program. Dog also says that Lutu called him after the show aired and thanked him because all the girls loved seeing him. It will be interesting to see if this lawsuit actually goes anywhere.
[via TV Filter]Related:
Duane "Dog" Chapman and son arrested in Hawaii
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 21 Touching and Frightening Moments from 'Greensleeves'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Spoilers: Who Are the Teams for Halloween Night?
- 'Arrow' Interview: Willa Holland on Thea's Unusual Relationship with Malcolm, Love for Roy and New 'Kick-Ass Attitude'
- 'The Voice' Interviews: Toia Jones on What Led to Her Emotional Battle Round Rehearsal
- 'The Flash': 15 Secrets Kept or Revealed During 'Things You Can't Outrun'
- More From BuddyTV
- Pilot News: Fox Revives Frankenstein
- Port Charles' Marie Wilson Joins Days as a Woman From [Spoiler]'s Past
- Grimm's David Giuntoli on Whether a Normal Nick Can Leave the Fractured Fairy Tales Behind
- Bewitched Update: NBC Pilot Will Follow Samantha's Granddaughter
- Damages Alum Joins WE tv Thriller South of Hell Opposite Mena Suvari
- More From TVLine
- Taylor Swift Reveals '1989' Tracklist (and We Guess Who Each Song Is About)
- Calvin Klein's New Model Opens Up About Battling Her Weight Obsession
- Chrissy Teigen Receives Death Threats Over Tweets on Canada Shooting
- Johnny Depp Gets Big & Bad for 'Entertainment Weekly' Cover
- Billy Bob Thornton on 'Crazy Time' With Angelina Jolie: I'm Not 'Fond of It'
- More From ET