This season's premiere of Dog the Bounty Hunter had Dog and his crew flying to San Francisco to capture a suspected drug dealer named Samu Savea who had been eluding them for years. He was rumored to be playing on a semi-professional football team called the Daly City Renegades. Dog's team staked out the practice field, and spotted one player who they thought was Savea, but was actually Simaile "Cisco" Lutu, a nightclub promoter. Dog's son Leland was the first to approach Lutu, but it was soon revealed he wasn't the man they were after. Now Lutu has filed a lawsuit against Dog and his bail bonds company. He claims he was handcuffed and held at gunpoint by police officers on two separate occasions following his encounter with Dog.
I actually saw the episode in question, and what puzzles me is that the lawsuit claims Lutu asked not to have his image shown on television. That may be true, but during the scene on the practice field he was doing everything he could to be seen on camera, and so did many of his teammates. At the time, it appeared that he was absolutely enthralled with the idea of being the center of attention on a popular reality program. Dog also says that Lutu called him after the show aired and thanked him because all the girls loved seeing him. It will be interesting to see if this lawsuit actually goes anywhere.
[via TV Filter]Related:
Duane "Dog" Chapman and son arrested in Hawaii
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- You're the Worst Finale Post Mortem: EP Talks Gretchen's Major Move, Downplays Lindsay's Big D
- Satisfaction Finale Post Mortem: EP Addresses Cliffhanger Concerns, Reveals Ideas for Season 2
- Rush Finale Recap: Very Bad Medicine
- TNT Orders 1970s-Set 'Cocaine' Pilot From Jerry Bruckheimer, Michael Bay
- Castle's Season 7 Premiere: 12 Teasers
- More From TVLine
- Gerard Depardieu Says He Can Drink Dozens Of Bottles Of Wine Each Day
- Madonna's Sexy Calendar Tease Raises A Number Of Confounding Questions
- 8 Reasons We Should've Known Iggy Azalea Was A Ghost All Along
- Could Melissa Rivers Bring a Lawsuit Against Joan's Doctors?
- Jennifer Lopez and Iggy Azalea Bare Their 'Booty' – Finally!
- More From ET