mad men season 3
Jon Hamm, who plays the chain smoking Don Draper on TV's 'Mad Men,' has been hired by Mercedes Benz as a pitchman for their car commercials, which will premiere during the Academy Awards.
This means, of course, that Mr. Hamm will replace actor Richard Thomas who has done the voiceover for Mercedes' car commercials for the last four years. Good night Jon-Boy.
The company's marketing VP Stephen Cannon called Hamm "a hot actor." That must have been one awkward audition.
The entire male cast of 'Mad Men' did the same thing and cast member MIchael Gladis gave his review of all of his co-workers' "break beards".
[via Pop Candy]
That was made clear on Wednesday when 'Mad Men' creator Matthew Weiner, speaking on a Hollywood panel, said, "Let's not pretend" that gay actors who come out of the closet aren't risking a future of gay typecasting, according to Greg in Hollywood blogger Greg Hernandez.
BEST DRAMA ACTORS
Front Runners: 'Mad Men''s Jon Hamm (pictured, above right) and 'House''s Hugh Laurie have to be considered locks.
But for those who are oblivious to all things 'Mad Men' - or those who, on Sept. 20, the night the episode in question aired, were watching the show's cast and crew nab its second consecutive Outstanding Drama Emmy Award - The Lawnmower Scene (the capitalization is on purpose) is a particularly memorable, surprising, shocking, gruesome, awesome clip from 'Mad Men,' season three, episode six.
I'm not going to lie to you: Pretty much my whole life right now is leading up to the Mad Men season 3 premiere on August 16. I'm so excited, I'm practically vibrating. You can judge me if you want, but I'm perfectly fine with my priorities.
Anyway, like the rest of the internet, I have been salivating for any Mad Men morsel that AMC deigns to share with the unwashed masses. So, yes. I was super-psyched about the water-logged Don Draper promo poster that came out a few weeks ago, and yes, I totally Mad Men'd myself.
So obviously, I was ridiculously excited to see that Zap2It had a whole crop of new Mad Men promo photos. Jon Hamm! January Jones! Christina Hendricks! John Slattery! There may be a chance that there's a more conventionally good-looking cast out there, but I defy you to find a sexier cast on television. Seriously. If you have any suggestions, I welcome them, because I cannot imagine anything you would actually come up with that would beat the power, glory, and pure sexiness of Mad Men.
Season 3 of Mad Men is set to premiere August 16th, so of course the cast and crew are busy shooting it right now. While we don't have any new footage yet, AMC has released a series of new promos for the upcoming season.The ads focus on the different aspects of the series: Drama, Romance, Comedy and Action.
The idea behind them is that there's a little something for everyone, and let me tell you: they're right. Don't believe me? Not only do you have the requisite Mad Men drinking, smoking and sleeping with inappropriate people, but you have Don Draper making a googly face and saying "Pat M'Groin." How can that be beat? IT CAN'T.
Matthew Weiner hints at such a move, in that secretive way that he does because he hates giving away spoilers. But he does say in this new Rolling Stone interview that the 60s were all about Los Angeles overtaking New York as "the future," and we've already seen a few episodes set there (last season, when Don got involved with Anna). Weiner doesn't say they will move there, but he does say "I always want the audience to be worried that I'm going to pick up and move the show somewhere. Because, you know, I might."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'iZombie' Recap: Major Uncovers a Shocking Secret
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 10 Premiere Recap: Unassuming Acts Shine as the Auditions Begin
- 'The Real Housewives of New York City' Recap: Ramona and LuAnn Rekindle Old Feuds
- The 15 Best Returning Shows of Summer 2015
- Meet the Top 22 of 'MasterChef' Season 6
- More From BuddyTV
- The Good Wife: Archie Panjabi Doesn't Deny Kalinda/Alicia Scene Was Faked
- Amy Schumer 'Defends' Bill Cosby in Court of Public Opinion — Watch Clips
- America's Got Talent Premiere: Howie Shakes Hands & More Big Moments — Plus: Who Got the First Golden Buzzer?
- Aquarius: David Duchovny, Cast Talk 'Tragic' Charles Manson Drama
- American Idol's Clark Beckham Talks 'Sunday Morning' Chords, Police Lyrics, His Big Battle With Scott Borchetta
- More From TVLine
- The First Trailer for the 'Point Break' Remake Is Here and It's Bonkers!
- Archie Panjabi Opens Up About Controversial 'Good Wife' Finale Scene
- Nikki Reed & Ian Somerhalder Can't Stop Kissing in Intimate Wedding Day Video
- Should Amy Schumer Be the Next 'Bachelorette'? (Answer: Yes Please!)
- Have Britt Nilsson & Brady Toops Found Love After Leaving 'The Bachelorette'? See the Cute PDA Pics!
- More From ET