made for tv
You might recall my mention of Cartoon Network's first live-action made-for-TV movie, Re-Animated. Well, the movie will be mostly live-action, save for the cartoon characters that only the main character can see. Our hero, Jimmy Roberts, has his brain replaced with that of famed cartoonist Milt Appleday after an accident at the Gollyworld theme park and begins to see the cartoon characters Appleday used to see. At the time I wrote the post, it was uncertain when the movie would air, but now we know it's set for December 8 at 8:00 pm.
You can watch the trailer here, and I have to say, it actually looks pretty funny. It's obviously made for young kids, but even I found myself laughing a couple times at the trailer. I'd be surprised if this didn't wind up on DVD eventually. If it does, just don't confuse it with the horror film Re-Animator if you buy it for your kids. That might be a tad traumatic for them, unless they're like I was as a kid, then they'll probably think it's really cool.
[via Cartoon Brew]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 7.4 Photos: The Heaven and Hell Ball
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Recap: Sexual Foibles
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Season 7 Premiere Recap: Who Are the Heretics?
- 'Project Runway' Recap: The Production Crew Get Makeovers
- 'Heroes Reborn' Recap: Butterflies in the Arctic
- More From BuddyTV
- How to Get Away With Murder Recap: 'Tonya, You Negligent Slut!'
- Scandal Recap: White House Frown
- Heroes Reborn Recap: Suicide Squad
- Sleepy Hollow Recap: Secrets and Spies, Plus: The Witnesses as Roomies
- The Originals Premiere: EP Talks Klaus and Cami's Hurdle, Hayley's Surprising Return and That Twisted Prophecy
- More From TVLine
- Two Looks One Star
- D.A. Requested Bobbi Kristina Brown's Autopsy Be Sealed for Fear of Potential Flight Risk, Harm to Witnesses
- What is Lupus, and Why Would Selena Gomez Get Chemo for It?
- Someone in a Dinosaur Costume Totally Aced This 'American Ninja Warrior' Course
- Nick Cannon's Kids Took Him to Chuck E. Cheese's for His 35th Birthday and It's Adorable
- More From ET