made for tv
You might recall my mention of Cartoon Network's first live-action made-for-TV movie, Re-Animated. Well, the movie will be mostly live-action, save for the cartoon characters that only the main character can see. Our hero, Jimmy Roberts, has his brain replaced with that of famed cartoonist Milt Appleday after an accident at the Gollyworld theme park and begins to see the cartoon characters Appleday used to see. At the time I wrote the post, it was uncertain when the movie would air, but now we know it's set for December 8 at 8:00 pm.
You can watch the trailer here, and I have to say, it actually looks pretty funny. It's obviously made for young kids, but even I found myself laughing a couple times at the trailer. I'd be surprised if this didn't wind up on DVD eventually. If it does, just don't confuse it with the horror film Re-Animator if you buy it for your kids. That might be a tad traumatic for them, unless they're like I was as a kid, then they'll probably think it's really cool.
[via Cartoon Brew]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Secrets and Lies' Exclusive Interview: KaDee Strickland Teases Coming 'Threat, Urgency and Danger'
- 'Criminal Minds' Episode 10.19 Photos: Meet the FBI's International Unit
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.18 Photos: Elena Reevaluates Her Vampire Life
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.17 Photos: Sam and Cas Investigate the Mark of Cain
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.19 Photos: Everyone Observes a Big Surgery
- More From BuddyTV
- Fear The Walking Dead: AMC Debuts First Spinoff Promo
- Once Recap: Author! Author! (AKA the Episode With Lotsa Answers)
- Quotes of the Week From The Royals, DWTS, Undateable and More
- Dwayne Johnson Hosts SNL: Watch Video of the Best and Worst Sketches
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015 Winners: Modern Family, Austin & Ally and More
- More From TVLine
- 8 Burning Questions We Have after Watching HBO's Scientology Doc, ‘Going Clear'
- iHeartRadio Music Awards 2015 Red Carpet Arrivals
- Op-Ed: Thank You, Angelina Jolie, For Celebrating Our Kids Who Are 'Different'
- Carrie Underwood Posts First Full Shot of Baby Isaiah
- Dwayne Johnson Hulks Out as President 'The Rock' Obama on 'SNL'
- More From ET