made for tv
You might recall my mention of Cartoon Network's first live-action made-for-TV movie, Re-Animated. Well, the movie will be mostly live-action, save for the cartoon characters that only the main character can see. Our hero, Jimmy Roberts, has his brain replaced with that of famed cartoonist Milt Appleday after an accident at the Gollyworld theme park and begins to see the cartoon characters Appleday used to see. At the time I wrote the post, it was uncertain when the movie would air, but now we know it's set for December 8 at 8:00 pm.
You can watch the trailer here, and I have to say, it actually looks pretty funny. It's obviously made for young kids, but even I found myself laughing a couple times at the trailer. I'd be surprised if this didn't wind up on DVD eventually. If it does, just don't confuse it with the horror film Re-Animator if you buy it for your kids. That might be a tad traumatic for them, unless they're like I was as a kid, then they'll probably think it's really cool.
[via Cartoon Brew]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Extant' Episode 10 Photos: It's a New World
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Episode 6 Photos: Brooks & Tasos Arrive to Mix Things Up
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'Rock the Wedding'
- Fall 2014 Calendar: 121 Premiere Dates
- 'The 100' Interview: Eliza Taylor, Ricky Whittle and Lindsey Morgan Tease Darker Season 2
- More From BuddyTV
- The Greatest American Hero May Fly Again, With Pilot Order at Fox
- The Following Changing Showrunners — For the Second Time in Three Months
- TVLine Items: Modern Family Adds Anders, Office Vet to B99 and More
- How Is The Leftovers' Kevin Hangin'? Is Arrow Wild About Warblers? Is Liars Timeline Pretty Crazy? And More TV Qs
- Chad Michael Murray, Dollhouse Fave Join Cast of Marvel's Agent Carter
- More From TVLine
- Helio Castroneves on Julianne Hough's New 'DWTS' Gig: She'll Be 'Spectacular'
- See Ed Sheeran in Drag as 'Little Orphan Annie'
- Taylor Swift's Pop Transition: She's 'Becoming More of a Product,' Says Brad Paisley
- Which Stars Are Walking Down The Aisle?
- 6 Reasons We Love Britney Spears on Instagram
- More From ET