(S01E01) I think it's really appropriate that the Emmy Award nominations were announced on the same day this show premiered, because if there's any justice in this TV land, we'll be hearing a lot about Mad Men at this time next year.
The television landscape is filled with a lot of shows that are just the same as other shows on other networks. Even when we say "there's nothing else like this on TV right now," it's usually not true. There's usually something a bit (or a lot) like the show we're talking about. Mad Men is one show we can truly say is rather original. Of course, it's original by being retro. It's New York City, 1960. The world of Madison Avenue advertising men. And it is men, as most of the women are in the secretarial pool or gum chewing telephone operators.
But the women have power too, in ways the men don't see.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Agents of SHIELD' episode 15 'Yes Men' recap: Did Ward always want Skye?
- 'The Originals' episode 16 'Farewell to Storyville' recap: The trial of Rebekah Mikaelson
- 'Suits' Season 3 episode 12 video: Stephen Macht and pleading for Mike in 'Yesterday's Gone'
- 'Teen Wolf' Season 4: 'Flowers in the Attic,''Ender's Game' actors cast
- 'Gotham': FOX's pre-Batman drama gets a logo and synopsis
- More From Zap2it
- Exclusive Video: Kristen Bell Talks Logan Vs. Piz, 'Blurred Lines' On the Set and Veronica Mars 2
- Nashville Promotes Will Chase and Oliver Hudson to Series Regulars, Pending Season 3 Renewal
- Pilot News: Olivia Wilde, Body of Proof and One Tree Hill Alums Are Among Latest Castings
- NBC Sets Season Finale Dates For The Blacklist, Community, Parenthood and More
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Bones, Grey's, Good Wife, Suits, PLL, Reign, New Girl and More
- More From TVLine