(S01E01) I think it's really appropriate that the Emmy Award nominations were announced on the same day this show premiered, because if there's any justice in this TV land, we'll be hearing a lot about Mad Men at this time next year.
The television landscape is filled with a lot of shows that are just the same as other shows on other networks. Even when we say "there's nothing else like this on TV right now," it's usually not true. There's usually something a bit (or a lot) like the show we're talking about. Mad Men is one show we can truly say is rather original. Of course, it's original by being retro. It's New York City, 1960. The world of Madison Avenue advertising men. And it is men, as most of the women are in the secretarial pool or gum chewing telephone operators.
But the women have power too, in ways the men don't see.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.14 Photos: A Case Causes Tony to Flashback to His Days in Military School
- 'Grey's Anatomy': The 15 Most Bizarre Medical Cases
- 'Reign' Episode 2.13 Photos: Will Mary and Francis Reunite at the Winter's Ease Feast?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Photos
- The 30 Best Auditions of 'American Idol' Season 14
- More From BuddyTV
- Pilots: CBS Adds David Shore/Bryan Cranston Drama, James Patterson Riff
- Pilots: ABC Orders Comedies About Johnny Knoxville, NBA Odd Couple, Genius Kids, Plus 4 Others
- Ground Floor Cancelled at TBS
- Glee Recap: Love in an Elevator
- Pilots: ABC Orders College Conspiracy, Modern Oil Boom Dramas, Others
- More From TVLine