(S01E01) I think it's really appropriate that the Emmy Award nominations were announced on the same day this show premiered, because if there's any justice in this TV land, we'll be hearing a lot about Mad Men at this time next year.
The television landscape is filled with a lot of shows that are just the same as other shows on other networks. Even when we say "there's nothing else like this on TV right now," it's usually not true. There's usually something a bit (or a lot) like the show we're talking about. Mad Men is one show we can truly say is rather original. Of course, it's original by being retro. It's New York City, 1960. The world of Madison Avenue advertising men. And it is men, as most of the women are in the secretarial pool or gum chewing telephone operators.
But the women have power too, in ways the men don't see.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bones' Exclusive Interview: The Writers Talk Brennan and Booth's Future and a Whirlpool Death
- 'The Bachelorette' Family Blog: Kupah's Big Meltdown
- Did 'Kardashians' Star Bruce Jenner Undergo Sex Change Surgery?
- 'iZombie' Recap: Major Uncovers a Shocking Secret
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 10 Premiere Recap: Unassuming Acts Shine as the Auditions Begin
- More From BuddyTV
- The Good Wife: Archie Panjabi Doesn't Deny Kalinda/Alicia Scene Was Faked
- Amy Schumer 'Defends' Bill Cosby in Court of Public Opinion — Watch Video
- America's Got Talent Premiere: Howie Shakes Hands & More Big Moments — Plus: Who Got the First Golden Buzzer?
- Aquarius: David Duchovny, Cast Talk 'Tragic' Charles Manson Drama
- American Idol's Clark Beckham Talks 'Sunday Morning' Chords, Police Lyrics, His Big Battle With Scott Borchetta
- More From TVLine
- Matthew Lewis Posing With a Puppy Will Melt Your Heart
- EXCLUSIVE: Jason O'Mara Goes Dark in USA's Thrilling New Drama 'Complications'!
- Bette Midler Weighs In on Josh Duggar Scandal, Calls Allegations Ironic
- Amber Rose Is Completely Unrecognizable in This Super-'90s Throwback Pic
- Jessica Alba Says Working Out 'Sucks', Still Stuns In a Bikini
- More From ET