(S01E01) I think it's really appropriate that the Emmy Award nominations were announced on the same day this show premiered, because if there's any justice in this TV land, we'll be hearing a lot about Mad Men at this time next year.
The television landscape is filled with a lot of shows that are just the same as other shows on other networks. Even when we say "there's nothing else like this on TV right now," it's usually not true. There's usually something a bit (or a lot) like the show we're talking about. Mad Men is one show we can truly say is rather original. Of course, it's original by being retro. It's New York City, 1960. The world of Madison Avenue advertising men. And it is men, as most of the women are in the secretarial pool or gum chewing telephone operators.
But the women have power too, in ways the men don't see.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Glee' Episode 5.18 Photos: First Look at Guest Star Shirley MacLaine
- 'The Following' Season 2 Episode Photos
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Rankings: Who is the Biggest Villain?
- 'Star-Crossed' Episode 10 Photos: A Hurricane Blows Inside
- 'Hell's Kitchen' Recap: The Kitchen's Hot, The Chefs Are Cold
- More From BuddyTV
- Vampire Diaries Recap: Mad World
- Community Season Finale Recap: 'Idiots Won!'
- The CW Sets Summer Premiere Dates For Beauty and the Beast, Plus Five New Series
- TVLine Items: SVU to Bring Back B.D. Wong, CSI Alum Books Glee, Dick Wolf's New Gig and More
- Exclusive Tomorrow People Video: Leven Rambin Stirs Up Lair Discontent About the Savior
- More From TVLine