The latest is one of the biggest of all-time. Basketball legend Magic Johnson swung by the house with Jason on their way to play some golf. While most everyone takes it in stride, Melanie is still a little starstruck.
"Pleasure's mine," he says upon meeting her. When she just keeps smiling and shaking his hand, he reverses course. "Pleasure's yours?"
"I'm announcing this today: I've teamed up with Tim Leiweke at AEG, and we're gonna come together to bring the NFL back to Los Angeles," Johnson said.
Jimmy Kimmel replied, "I think the NFL likes to keep Los Angeles vacant because then they can play blackmail with the other teams and tell them, 'Oh, if you don't give us a stadium we're going to move the team to L.A.'"
Apparently, until Magic came around, no one thought that a Starbucks would work in the inner city. In fact, he said that opening an urban Starbucks was initially a "tough sell." " ... [People thought] we didn't wanna pay three dollars for a cup of coffee," he told host George Lopez.
But that wasn't the problem. The problem was the uniquely "white bread" food that was sold at the Starbucks chain. "We [don't quite] know what 'scones' are," Magic said. So Johnson came up with a few unique wrinkles all his own -- including, yes, a "Black Power" cookie.
But The St. Peterburg Times lumps Hall's show into a group that includes Magic Johnson, Chevy Chase, Pat Sajak, and Alan Thicke. They all hosted late night talk shows that never quite made it. And when I say never quite I made it, I mean they were gone in the blink of an eye. But Hall's show lasted about 6 seasons, and if I remember correctly was quite popular with younger viewers and gave Carson, Leno and Letterman some good competition in that demographic. I also don't agree with another statement, that Jon Stewart's talk show "sucked." I kinda liked it.
So will Jimmy Fallon's show be another short-lived show that couldn't compete? Or is it a different time now? A lot of people thought that another Jimmy, Kimmel, wouldn't last that long either. But it looks like he's here for the long haul.
So, will sitcom star Leah Remini go from the King of Queens to the queen of daytime talk? CBS -- home of King of Queens for a very successful run from 1998-2007 -- is developing a daytime show for Leah Remini that's being called something different than a typical talk show.
If you tune in to The Rachael Ray Show today, you might get an idea of what Leah could bring to daytime -- she's Rach's guest.
Out of the celebrities mentioned, I'm most interested to see Eminem. I haven't seen the Real Slim Shady on TV in awhile. He's always a good interview though -- all that contrived hostility and testosterone in overdrive. Who are you looking forward to seeing? Or is Kimmel's fabulousness enough to get you to tune in?
The schedule is after the jump.
This season, Punk'd reportedly pranks Lost's Evangeline Lilly, Hilary Swank, Nelly Furtado, Magic Johnson, and... Ashton Kutcher. Hopefully that'll be the series finale, where Ashton gets his due for "punking" other celebs for so many years (the Justin Timberlake episode was legendary).
Evangeline Lilly has fallen victim to Ashton Kutcher and his Punk'd gang. The Lost actress will appear on the newest (and supposedly last) season of the MTV prank show, along with fellow celebrities Hilary Swank, Magic Johnson, and Nelly Furtado. Lilly's episode will be aired in an eight-episode marathon of the show on April 7. Each episode will be aired individually beginning on April 10.
No word yet on how Lilly was punk'd. Perhaps they switched Dominic Monaghan with Billy Boyd and waited for her to notice. MTV is promoting this season as the show's last, but fake announcements about the show's cancellation have been released before. A similar claim was made after the 2003 season of Punk'd, but the show returned in 2004. A Punk'd Awards highlight special covering all past seasons is scheduled for June 5.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.17 Photos: Caroline's Got a Gun
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.16 Photos: Natalie Brings David as Her Fourth of July Party Date
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.15 Photos: Will David Take Down the White House and OPA?
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 12 Guys Performance Rankings
- 'Grey's Anatomy': The 11 Most Gut-Wrenching Cases
- More From BuddyTV
- Glee's Jane Lynch Talks Michael Bolton, 'Samchel' and the Series''Fitting' End
- Daredevil on Netflix: Matt Murdock's Official Character Poster Unveiled
- Pilot Scoop: Community's Danny Pudi to Headline NBC Comedy Strange Calls
- Supergirl Scoop: Grey's Anatomy Vet Chyler Leigh Cast as Kara's Sis
- Pilot Scoop: Joan Allen Joins ABC Thriller From Scandal/Grey's Vet
- More From TVLine
- Kanye West & Kim Kardashian Build Palatial Playground for Daughter North
- Watch Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift Dance To Kanye West!
- Shailene Woodley Poses Topless for 'Glamour UK,' Talks ‘Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Dierks Bentley, Miranda Lambert Break Out the '90s Gear for Cover Band Show
- Beyonce Reveals Her Queen B Workout Routine
- More From ET