malcolm in the middle
- ABC has a new ep of America's Funniest Home
Videos at 7, followed by new eps of Extreme Makeover, Desperate Housewives, and the debut
of What About Brian?
- CBS has a new 60 Minutes, followed by a new Cold Case and the conclusion of Robert Ludlum's Covert One: The Hades Factor.
- On NBC, there's a new Dateline, West Wing, Law and Order: CI, and Crossing Jordan.
- FOX has a new Malcolm at 7, followed by a repeat King of the Hill, a repeat Simpsons, a new War At Home, a repeat Family Guy, then another new War At Home.
- The WB has a repeat Reba at 7, then a new Charmed and a repeat Pepper Dennis.
- At 9, HBO has a new Sopranos.
- There's a new episode of Steve Irwin's Great Escapes on The Travel Channel at 9.
- A&E has two new eps of God Or The Girl at 9.
- Also at 9: two new eps of The Next Food Network Star.
- At 10, Showtime has a new episode of Huff.
I don't know about this one. Both Hollywood.com and the New York Post have the same WENN story about Malcolm in the Middle star Frankie Muniz making plans to join the professional auto racing circuit after Malcolm in the Middle ends its run next month.
Here's the quote from Muniz himself: "I got signed to race for Jensen Motor Sports for the next two years ... I'm now a professional race car driver. I'm racing Indy cars, like Formula One cars and racing on road courses."
Most of me thinks this is either remnants of an April Fools' Day gag, or it was just Muniz being sarcastic. It's not like the kid isn't getting acting work, having recently appeared in the movie Stay Alive. Do any of you guys know anything about Muniz's alleged racing plans?
Wait, hold everything. Just as I was about to post I discovered this article from almost one year ago about a celebrity auto race in which Muniz took part. Muniz said, "Racing is all I've ever wanted to do. It's something I would like to get into on a more serious note." Perhaps the story is legit after all.
Leachman recently won an Emmy in 2002 as Grandma Ida on Malcolm in the Middle. And, in my humble opinion, she played a marvelous wine-soaked, ex-jazz singer in Spanglish. And, who can forget Young Frankenstein? Or Phyllis? Let's hope this new comedy gives her some good material. This lady is a comedic genius.
And before you say it, yes, both of these shows are still on the air.
FOX announced today that both shows will end their runs in May. The final episode of 70s will be the show's 200th, while Malcolm in the Middle will reach 150 episodes when it ends.
I never really watched That 70s Show, only catching an episode here and there, but Malcolm has been consistently funny over the years.
When you're 19 years old and you can afford to blow $3.75 million on a house - the house Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey lived in, and where the gloriousness that was The Newlyweds was filmed - life must feel pretty sweet. Justin Berfield, who plays the bullying middle son on Malcolm in the Middle, bought the Simpson-Lachey house for an undisclosed sum. The house was listed for $3.75 million.
I remember seeing Frankie Muniz, who plays Malcolm, on The Tonight Show several years ago, when he was 15 - he was talking to Jay Leno about his car collection, and Leno (along with me and all the other hard-working schmucks out there) was marveling that this kid who couldn't even drive yet was collecting these very spendy cars. Now another Malcolm kid buys a mansion. Geez, I guess I should've pursued that whole "land a part in a popular sitcom" path when I was a kid.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Criminal Minds' Episode 10.19 Photos: Meet the FBI's International Unit
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.18 Photos: Elena Reevaluates Her Vampire Life
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.17 Photos: Sam and Cas Investigate the Mark of Cain
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.19 Photos: Everyone Observes a Big Surgery
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Psychic in the Soup'
- More From BuddyTV
- Dwayne Johnson Hosts SNL: What Were the Best and Worst Sketches?
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015 Winners: Modern Family, Austin & Ally and More
- Ratings: Grimm Hits Low, Cristela Slips, Hart of Dixie Finale Flat
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Jane the Virgin, Forever and More
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Walking Dead's Andrew Lincoln
- More From TVLine
- Is There a New Lady in Nick Cannon's Life?
- 5 Seconds of Summer Sympathizes With One Direction After Zayn Malik's Departure
- Cody Simpson Responds to Gigi Hadid Cocaine Scandal: 'She Would Never Do Anything Like That'
- 6 Favorite Moments from the 2015 Kids' Choice Awards
- Angelina Jolie Shows Up at Kids' Choice Awards with Daughters, Wins Best Villain
- More From ET