man from uncle
I should be happy when there are a ton of new DVDs but nothing I want to buy, because I'll save some money. But this has been happening a lot lately. I mean, there must be something being released soon that I must own. I might have to get the Return of the Man From U.N.C.L.E. movie if it wasn't included in the complete series set I have.
Kinda amazed that My Two Dads has been released on DVD, though I shouldn't be because it seems like a lot of shows are making their way to DVD now. It makes me hopeful that other sitcoms from that era will be released too.
- 7th Heaven - Season 8
- Chowder - Vol. 2
- Doctor Who - The Androids of Tara, Key To Time, The Armageddon Factor, The Power of Kroll, The Pirate Planet, The Stones of Blood, and The Ribos Operation (all Special Editions)
A roundup of TV people from in front of the camera and behind the scenes who have passed away.
- Gretchen Wyler: She was a veteran TV, Broadway, and film actress and animal rights activist. On TV she had regular stints on Dallas and On Our Own, and guest starred on many series: MacGyver, Charlie's Angels, Judging Amy, Providence, Designing Woman, Who's The Boss, Falcon Crest, Remington Steele, Benson, St. Elsewhere, The Wonderful World of Disney, Hart to Hart, Naked City, and a ton more. The show I'll always remember her for is Friends. In the episode where Monica and Phoebe catered a funeral, she was the widow who wouldn't pay them and sang a song. She died at age 75 of complications from breast cancer.
Lots of Robert Vaughn-oriented news today: not only is Hustle returning to AMC tonight at 10pm, but it looks like the legal fight over The Man From U.N.C.L.E. DVDs might finally be over.
Vaughn tells the Akron Beacon Journal that he is getting together with NCIS star David McCallum (he played Ilya Kuryakin on the 60s spy show, the partner to Vaughn's Napoleon Solo) to record commentaries and extras for the set, which should be out by the end of this year.
Oddly, Vaughn had already recorded four hours of extras for the show, but then the legal fight delayed the release of those DVDs, so it looks like those extras will be lost forever.
- At 8, ABC has two new episodes of George Lopez, then new episodes of According To Jim, In Case Of Emergency, and Lost.
- CBS has a new Jericho at 8.
- NBC has new episodes of Friday Night Lights, Crossing Jordan, and Medium.
- FOX has a new Bones at 8, followed by new episodes of American Idol and 'Til Death.
- There's a new America's Next Top Model on The CW at 8.
- American Life has spy shows starting at 8: I Spy, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., and The Girl From U.N.C.L.E.
- Discovery has a new episode of Hazard Pay, about repo men. It's on at 8 too.
- At 9, The Travel Channel has a new ep of The World Poker Tour.
- At 10, Food Network has a new Good Eats, all about espresso.
- Also at 10: Comedy Central has a new South Park, then a new Halfway Home.
- At 11, HBO repeats The Comedian Award, with Jerry Seinfeld honored by Chris Rock, Robert Klein, Garry Shandling, Anderson Cooper, and others.
Check your local TV listings for more.
- At 8, ABC has a four episode marathon of George Lopez, followed by a new Primetime.
- NBC has a three episode marathon of Friday Night Lights at 8.
- American Life has I Spy at 8, then The Man From U.N.C.L.E. and The Girl From U.N.C.L.E.
- Also at 8: Biography has a new Bio Live, with Lee Ann Womack.
- At 9, Court TV has a new episode of Forensic Files.
- TBS has The Funniest Commercials of the Year: 2006, also at 9.
- At 10, HBO has a new Inside The NFL.
- MTV has a new episode of The Real World at 10.
- TBS has two new episodes of My Boys at 10.
- At 8, the weeklong debut of Identity continues on NBC. It's followed by a new Dateline.
- The CW has a new, two-hour episode of America's Next Top Model.
- MSNBC has Part 2 of the Best of Oddball at 8.
- ABC Family has the movie Christmas Do-Over, followed by The Year Without A Santa Claus.
- TNT has the Patrick Stewart version of A Christmas Carol, followed by Rob Lowe in A Perfect Day.
- American Life has I Spy at 8, followed by The Man From U.N.C.L.E. and The Girl From U.N.C.L.E.
- At 9, Discovery has a new Mythbusters.
- Lifetime has the movie Home for the Holidays at 9.
- Also at 9: Sundance has One Punk Under God.
- At 10, HBO has a new Inside The NFL.
- FOX has a repeat That 70s Show at 8pm, a new Stacked at 8:30, and then a repeat Nanny 911 at 9.
- ABC has...more football?! The Rose Bowl airs at 8.
- CBS has repeats of Still Standing, Yes, Dear, Criminal Minds, and CSI: NY.
- NBC has a special Biggest Loser at 8, followed by a repeat Law and Order at 10.
- The WB has repeats of One Tree Hill and Beauty and the Geek, while UPN has repeats of Eve, Love, Inc, and Veronica Mars.
- You can watch The O'Reilly Factor at 8 on FOX News and see if Bill mentions his Letterman appearance.
- There's a new Emeril Live on The Food Network at 8, with Emeril cooking hearty fall recipes.
- Also at 8: CMT has the 1997 Dukes of Hazzard reunion movie.
- At 9, HGTV has a new Buy Me.
- Food Network has a new Behind the Bash at 9, followed by a new Sugar Rush.
- Spy stuff on American Life: at 8, The Man From U.N.C.L.E.; at 9, The Girl From U.N.C.L.E.; and at 10, I Spy.
- At 10, Bravo has a new Project Runway.
- Troy airs on HBO2 at 10, followed by a special on The Producers movie.
- TNT has the inferior Dial M For Murder remake, A Perfect Murder. It airs at 10 too.
- Just before midnight you can catch In Good Company, with Dennis Quaid, Topher Grace, and Scarlett Johansson.
- At 1am on Showtime, Kenneth Branagh stars in The Gingerbread Man.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Meet Blake Shelton's Team
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Meet Christina Aguilera's Team
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 4.13 Photos: Regina and Henry Seek Pinocchio's Help
- Meet the Cast of the CW's 'iZombie'
- 'Agents of SHIELD' Mid-Season Premiere Recap: Unveiling the Inhumans
- More From BuddyTV
- The Voice Recap: Suspense & Disbelief
- Mindy Project Recap: A Nut, Busted
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Spring Premiere Recap: Oh, the Inhumanity!
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: I Must Confess
- Reality Check: Agony and Ecstasy of American Idol's Top 24! Plus: Should Voice Singers Show Their Tax Returns?
- More From TVLine
- Giorgio Armani Says Madonna Has Herself to Blame for Brit Awards Tumble
- Richard Gere on 'Marigold Hotel' Sequel Beating 'Fifty Shades': 'We're Much Sexier'
- Not So Fast: Maggie Smith Says She'll Stay on 'Downton Abbey' Until It Ends
- Justin Bieber Spoofs His Own Calvin Klein Ads
- 'SNL' Is Being Adapted for Chinese TV
- More From ET