The new man with eyes for Betty is named Jesse and actor/musician Val Emmich has been cast in the Ugly Betty role. The role is recurring -- kind of like Freddy Rodriguez when he started as Gio -- but since he's a potential love interest with UB, he could be bumped up to regular.
With the show now filming in New York, perhaps a young hot guy like Val Emmich is just the ticket for Betty. Emmich's done a lot of Manhattan TV shows -- Hope & Faith, 30 Rock, Third Watch -- so he's going to sound like a New Yawker.
This seems like something that probably should have been done a while ago, but rumors have been in the air about MSNBC not renewing its lease in Secaucus, NJ and moving the entire operation to Manhattan. Makes sense, since NYC is the media capital and NBC is already housed at 30 Rock. Hey, maybe they can move there and rename the network 30 Rock? Oh, wait a minute...
I still think they should get rid of the MS part and just call it the NBC News Channel. Is Microsoft even a major player in the channel anymore, aside from having two letters in the name? They've already named Dan Abrams the new head and changed the graphics and thinking of moving to NYC, so why not go all the way and change the name too?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Scandal' Episode 5.3 Photos: The Fallout from Olivia's Admission
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 5.3 Photos: Arthur and David Team Up to Catch a Thief
- 'Scream Queens' Quotes: The 15 Strangest Things Said in 'Halloween'
- Best 'Flash' Quotes from the Season 2 Premiere
- 'NCIS': 10 Mistakes Made in 'Incognito'
- More From BuddyTV
- Sherlock Victorian Special Trailer: 'Make No Mistake, This Is War'
- Chicago Med Scoop: Alias Alum Cast as S. Epatha Merkerson's Hubby
- TVLine Items: Grandfathered Casts Nikita Vet, J. Lo to Host AMAs and More
- The Originals Season 3: Hayley and Elijah Are 'Doomed to Love Each Other'
- Bob's Burgers Renewed for Seasons 7, 8
- More From TVLine
- Taylor Swift Made You a Playlist to Make Your Life More Awesome
- Meet Disney's Newest Princess, Moana, and the 14-Year-Old Hawaiian Native Who Plays Her
- Randy Quaid Arrested in Canada for the Second Time This Year
- Former Hockey Pro Sean Avery Arrested for Drug Possession Just Days Before Wedding to Supermodel Hilary Rhoda
- No Doubt's 'Tragic Kingdom' Turns 20! Gwen Stefani Looks Back on the 'Magical Time'
- More From ET