The new man with eyes for Betty is named Jesse and actor/musician Val Emmich has been cast in the Ugly Betty role. The role is recurring -- kind of like Freddy Rodriguez when he started as Gio -- but since he's a potential love interest with UB, he could be bumped up to regular.
With the show now filming in New York, perhaps a young hot guy like Val Emmich is just the ticket for Betty. Emmich's done a lot of Manhattan TV shows -- Hope & Faith, 30 Rock, Third Watch -- so he's going to sound like a New Yawker.
This seems like something that probably should have been done a while ago, but rumors have been in the air about MSNBC not renewing its lease in Secaucus, NJ and moving the entire operation to Manhattan. Makes sense, since NYC is the media capital and NBC is already housed at 30 Rock. Hey, maybe they can move there and rename the network 30 Rock? Oh, wait a minute...
I still think they should get rid of the MS part and just call it the NBC News Channel. Is Microsoft even a major player in the channel anymore, aside from having two letters in the name? They've already named Dan Abrams the new head and changed the graphics and thinking of moving to NYC, so why not go all the way and change the name too?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Once Upon a Time Season 4 Casts Shameless Star as Frozen's Hans; John Rhys-Davies to Voice Rock Troll
- First Look: Gracepoint Detective Issues a Stern Warning to Danny's Killer
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on NCIS, Arrow, Criminal Minds, Supernatural, Longmire, Castle and More
- 'Ship Shape: How Fave Pairs From Major Crimes, Defiance, Witches, Falling Skies and Other Shows Are Faring
- TVLine Items: Fringe Fave Goes Orange, Ferb Gets Lost, Vikings Trailer and More
- More From TVLine
- iJustine on the Selfie Making News Around The World
- Michael Douglas Thanks Doctors on World Head and Neck Cancer Day
- Ian Somerhalder Puckers Up for One Lucky Fan
- Who Will Be Taking It All Off for 'Hair' at the Hollywood Bowl?
- Donald Sterling Loses Court Case, Sale of Clippers Can Go Forward
- More From ET