The new man with eyes for Betty is named Jesse and actor/musician Val Emmich has been cast in the Ugly Betty role. The role is recurring -- kind of like Freddy Rodriguez when he started as Gio -- but since he's a potential love interest with UB, he could be bumped up to regular.
With the show now filming in New York, perhaps a young hot guy like Val Emmich is just the ticket for Betty. Emmich's done a lot of Manhattan TV shows -- Hope & Faith, 30 Rock, Third Watch -- so he's going to sound like a New Yawker.
This seems like something that probably should have been done a while ago, but rumors have been in the air about MSNBC not renewing its lease in Secaucus, NJ and moving the entire operation to Manhattan. Makes sense, since NYC is the media capital and NBC is already housed at 30 Rock. Hey, maybe they can move there and rename the network 30 Rock? Oh, wait a minute...
I still think they should get rid of the MS part and just call it the NBC News Channel. Is Microsoft even a major player in the channel anymore, aside from having two letters in the name? They've already named Dan Abrams the new head and changed the graphics and thinking of moving to NYC, so why not go all the way and change the name too?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 21 Jaw-Dropping Moments from 'Black Hole Sun'
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Top Looks of 'Finale, Part 2'
- 'The 100' Episode 2.2 Photos: Octavia Confronts the Grounders
- 'Constantine' Cast in Other Roles
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Episode 7.8 Photos: Jax Meets Up With Jury
- More From BuddyTV
- Damian Lewis, Paul Giamatti to Lead Showtime Drama Pilot Billions
- Scorpion Sneak Peek: NCIS: LA's Hetty Helps Walter's Team Clean Up Nice
- TVLine Items: Jim Parsons Voicing Elf, Haven's WWE Reunion and More
- Marvel's Agent Carter Adds Nikita Alum
- More From TVLine
- Jennifer Garner Speaks Out Against Sexism in Hollywood
- Usher Admits: 'I'm Not Happy' With Justin Bieber's Choices
- Kelly Osbourne Gets Tattoo In Memory of Joan Rivers
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' Canceled, Mama June Thanks Fans
- Jenny McCarthy on Sex with Donnie Wahlberg: It Gets Better Every Time
- More From ET