September 17, 2014
by Brett Love, posted Feb 4th 2007 8:18PM
And I thought Maposaurus was bizarre... I'm not sure of the thinking behind this commercial. If random guys are going to start stripping and rubbing themselves against the car, I want nothing to do with the HHR. I'll take the Pinto with the exploding gas tank given the choice. While it doesn't work from that angle, it was pretty amusing.
Give them credit for getting all types of guys in on the act. Even a pale, bony, old dude. The reaction of the girls was great. Especially the one covering her eyes and saying, "Tell me when it's over." Probably not a good idea to float out there during your commercial though. Nice choice of music as well. "It's getting hot in here" is a great song.
by Brett Love, posted Feb 4th 2007 7:55PM
Ok, that was just bizarre. I can't even imagine the pitch for this commercial. "It's Japanese Godzilla movies, meets Power Rangers, all to a rockin' 80's hair metal soundtrack!" Strange things are afoot at the local navigation retailer.
Strange as it is, it's probably my favorite ad so far. Something completely unexpected, and very memorable. The effects are pretty nice too. The map exploding out of the car, Maposaururs making his destructive walk, and the laser powered showdown all looked great. And you have to love the line, "GPS power speaks the truth." That's going to be stuck in my head all day now.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Moments: Jax's Path of Retribution
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.2 Photos: All About Dr. Maggie Pierce
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' Premiere Photos
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won Part 1 of the Final HoH Competition?
- 'Hell's Kitchen' Recap: The Blue Team Shines While the Red Whines
- More From BuddyTV
- Extant Finale Recap: This Boy Is on Fire
- The Mysteries of Laura: Will You Remain on Debra Messing's Case?
- Red Band Society Premiere Recap: Are These Kids All Right?
- Big Brother Recap: Four the Win
- Idol Judges on Season 14: J.Lo Wants Less Cruelty, Adam Lambert Seeks Artistry, Harry Flinches at 'Geek' Label
- More From TVLine
- Adam Lambert Talks J.Lo Love and Guest Judging on 'Idol'
- Revealing Details from the 'Dating Naked' 'Commitment Ceremony'
- Talk Show Confessions: Why Are TV's Top Hosts Getting So Honest?
- Here's the 'Breaking Bad' Reference You Definitely Missed in 'Godzilla'
- Trust Us, You Need to Watch This Cheesecake Factory Parody of Iggy Azalea's 'Fancy'
- More From ET