April 17, 2014
by Brett Love, posted Feb 4th 2007 8:18PM
And I thought Maposaurus was bizarre... I'm not sure of the thinking behind this commercial. If random guys are going to start stripping and rubbing themselves against the car, I want nothing to do with the HHR. I'll take the Pinto with the exploding gas tank given the choice. While it doesn't work from that angle, it was pretty amusing.
Give them credit for getting all types of guys in on the act. Even a pale, bony, old dude. The reaction of the girls was great. Especially the one covering her eyes and saying, "Tell me when it's over." Probably not a good idea to float out there during your commercial though. Nice choice of music as well. "It's getting hot in here" is a great song.
by Brett Love, posted Feb 4th 2007 7:55PM
Ok, that was just bizarre. I can't even imagine the pitch for this commercial. "It's Japanese Godzilla movies, meets Power Rangers, all to a rockin' 80's hair metal soundtrack!" Strange things are afoot at the local navigation retailer.
Strange as it is, it's probably my favorite ad so far. Something completely unexpected, and very memorable. The effects are pretty nice too. The map exploding out of the car, Maposaururs making his destructive walk, and the laser powered showdown all looked great. And you have to love the line, "GPS power speaks the truth." That's going to be stuck in my head all day now.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- American Idol Top 7 Performance Recap: Filler Queen [Updated]
- Arrow's Truths Come Out — Were You Surprised?
- S.H.I.E.L.D. First Look: Cobie Smulders' Agent Hill Finds an Ally, Amy Acker Guest-Stars
- Exclusive Community Season Finale Sneak Peek: Are Jeff and Britta Finally Saying 'I Do'?
- Exclusive: Banshee Promotes 2 to Series Regular
- More From TVLine
- 'Real Housewives Of Atlanta' Star Porsha Williams Charged With Battery After Fight with Kenya Moore
- 'Heaven is For Real': The Boy the Book is Based on Details Near Death Experience
- After Long Separation, Will Arnett Files For Divorce From Amy Poehler
- FIRST LOOK: ET's 'Dream It … Do It' Helps Stars Take On Their Bucket Lists
- How Tori Spelling Found Out About Husband's Cheating
- More From ET