Of course, that isn't always the case. Teachers can also be awful monsters whom we never forget for their ability to patronize, degrade, or humiliate us, often leaving one wondering if the man or woman in question took the job merely to torture students. This, naturally, can lead a kid to fantasize about how cool it would be to fall under the instruction of one of the following actors who, despite likely not possessing any type of teaching certification in real life, would probably be a blast to spend 40-or-so minutes on a daily basis.
Okay, here's the deal. NBC Universal, known in the industry as NBC U (sounds like a university) is interested in producing a five-day-a-week, 30-minute version of their hit nighttime game show Deal or no Deal for syndication. They had originally wanted Arsenio Hall as host, but that deal fell through. So, NBC U executives decided to ask Deal host Howie Mandel to helm the syndication version.
Howie said no, and this has left network executives in a quandary. You see, stations have refused to commit to buying the 30-minute version of the show until a host is found. In addition, with Deal on the back-burner the fate of two additional game shows, Joker's Wild and Combination Lock, are uncertain.
NBC U can get Howie to be host of the syndicated version of Deal if they agree to his hefty asking price. Meanwhile, there are rumors that comedian Mark Curry is also being considered for host if they can't get Howie back to the table. I hope this all gets cleared up because I'd like to see a revival of Joker's Wild, especially with Arsenio Hall as host. I mean, think about it . . . 'Joker, Joker, Joker! Woo! Woo! Woo! Woo! Woo! (said with twirling fist in the air)'.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelor' Roundup: Chris Soules' First Interview as The Bachelor, Juan Pablo Galavis' Advice and More
- 'The Strain' Recap: One Friend is Lost, Another is Gained
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Kendall Drops Last Name, Brody Feels 'Played' by Kim and More
- 'Big Brother 16' Recap: Another Week of Bomb Squad Domination
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 10 Power of Veto?
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Big Brother Down But on Top, CBS Dramas Rise, Wipeout Plunges
- Grey's Anatomy Admits The Americans' Annet Mahendru
- Teen Wolf Sneak Peek: Sparks Fly on Scott and Kira's First 'Real' Date
- Falling Skies Season 4 Finale Recap: Over the Moon
- Once Upon a Time First Look: Frozen's Elsa Gets Cold Shoulder in Storybrooke
- More From TVLine