Except, The Donald decided to do something a little differently this time around. Rather than fire one of them, he simply declared a winner. Was this a statement as to how much he respected the person who came in second, or just him trying something new?
Of Matlin, Trump said: "You've raised more money than anybody in a single night, over a million dollars. The job you've done is just absolutely incredible." Of Rich, he said, "From the beginning you've been a leader. You've been strong. You've been smart. You've been sharp. I just can't ask for anything more."
According to Matlin, she reminded herself that the game was for charity and tried to keep personal feelings out of it. "I said to myself, 'Keep your cool, play the game and it's all for charity at the end of the day. And there's nothing personal. It's all business,'" she said.
Joan Rivers, Piers Morgan and Bret Michaels assisted by interviewing the final four and served as advisors to Trump in his biggest decision yet. In fact, he did the firings before the challenge, based almost entirely on their tips.
A key moment for one of this week's eliminated contestants in the interviews came when asked about who would make it into the finale.
"My three winners hated your answer when they asked you who should be in the finals and you didn't say yourself," Trump told this person before firing them. Who didn't believe in themself?
"All of us are disappointed in you," said Williams. "Like, why did you quit? And I don't want to hear there's stuff going on in your personal life. We all have crap going on in our personal lives. You needed to have ridden that show out."
The network will produce 22 more episodes of the series. TV Land President Larry W. Jones said in a statement, "The chemistry that this cast has with each other is undeniable so we are excited to bring 'Hot in Cleveland' back for another season."
Betty White won a Screen Actors Guild award last month for her performance on the show
In other TV news ...
• Former 'Lost' castaway Josh Holloway is making his way from the island back to primetime. The actor will star in the paintball-themed season finale of 'Community.' [Entertainment Weekly]
• Zach Galifianakis will take his second spin as 'Saturday Night Live' host on March 12. British pop singer Jessie J will be the musical guest. [TV Guide]
• ABC has renewed 'Bachelor Pad' for a second season. The 'Bachelor' and 'Bachelorette' spinoff will return in August with Chris Harrison as host. [EW]
Trump Confirms Full 'Celebrity Apprentice' Cast, Includes LaToya Jackson, Lil Jon, Meat Loaf (VIDEO)
He brought along 8x10s of each cast member, and Jimmy Fallon unveiled them one by one: LaToya Jackson, Gary Busey, Star Jones, Atlanta's 'Real' Housewife Nene Leakes, baseball's José Canseco, Lisa Rinna, former teen idol David Cassidy, supermodel Niki Taylor, 'Survivor' Season 1 nudist/winner Richard Hatch, Oscar winner Marlee Matlin, Meat Loaf, Mark McGrath, Playboy Playmate Hope Dworaczyk, Lil Jon, Dionne Warwick and country music's John Rich.
What are your thoughts on these 16 celebs battling it out for charity? Who's the biggest surprise, and who do you think will win?
Ty Pennington and his team must rebuild the Oregon School for the Deaf. This school helps the deaf community in that region, but they're suffering from a lack of funding. So the 'Makeover' squad shows up -- and they don't just want to change the housing.
The school's dormitories date from the 1950s, and now are structurally unsafe. Plus, they look like a "prison," according to one young man. The housing is rebuilt, but more than that, a greater effort is made. The team provides students with hearing aids, allowing them to hear the outside world ... for the first time ever.
According to TMZ, the three men, along with supermodel Niki Taylor, have been tapped to join the cast of 'Celebrity Apprentice.' Previously reported contestants include La Toya Jackson, Star Jones and Mark McGrath.
Gossip Cop claims TV Land star Lisa Rinna, 'Partridge Family' star David Cassidy, singer Dionne Warwick, rock star Meatloaf, Osca winner Marlee Matlin and Playboy veteran Hope Dworaczyk will also be part of this season's 'Celebrity Apprentice' cast.
The Los Angeles Times reports that Marlee Matlin is taking her new reality TV series, 'My Deaf Family,' to YouTube. Matlin's decision to take her series to the Internet comes after being unable to find a home for it on any television network.
But that's not all! If you watch new episodes of American Dad, Family Guy, The Cleveland Show AND the all-new Seth & Alex's Almost Live Comedy Show, we'll throw in a bonus episode of Family Guy absolutely free! The real question is... was America really ready for that much Seth?
I thought I was.
Me? I thought it was funny.
In February, 'Saturday Night Live''s Fred Armisen did an unflattering spoof of New York governor David Paterson, who is legally blind. The skit was roundly criticized for being insensitive.
Last night, Fox one-upped 'SNL' with the controversial variety special 'Family Guy Presents Seth & Alex's Almost Live Comedy Show.' During the show, Seth MacFarlane and Alex Borstein performed various routines mocking the speaking voice of deaf actress Marlee Matlin, who won an Oscar for 'Children of a Lesser God' in 1986. One skit featured Borstein as Matlin calling Russ Leatherman (MacFarlane) at Moviefone; another had Borstein impersonating Matlin singing Lady Gaga's 'Poker Face.'
(S06E12) Coming off of performance night, conventional wisdom said that Marlee & Fabian would find themselves in the bottom two. The big question... Who would be joining them? We are now far enough into the competition that there are no more easy eliminations. And, as we saw, that other couple in the bottom two was somewhat of a surprise. Leading up to the elimination though, the bigger story might have been Shannon & Derek reacting to the judge's comments. All that, and a rundown of the entire results show, after the jump.
With another week of dances in the books, it's time to check in with our favorite professional dancer. This week Jonathan once again gives us his perspective on all of the couple's performances. Then we make our way through some of the reader questions.
Along the way we learn about his past with Cheryl, Edyta, and Alec. He also touches on the difficulty of balancing what the judges want in a dance with what the viewers want. It probably won't mean the end of the questions, but Jonathan does his best to try and answer the age old DWTS puzzler, how the heck does the lift rule work anyway? And... Jonathan on waxing. All that, and more, after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Hawaii Five-0' Season 3 Finale: 5 Burning Questions for Season 4
- 'Bates Motel': The Best and Craziest Moments from Season 1
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Recap: LA and Austin Auditions Sizzle
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Season 4 Finale: 7 Cliffhangers to be Addressed in Season 5
- 'The Voice' Results: 2 Go Home from the Top 10
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Dancing with the Stars' finale: Who won Season 16 - Kellie Pickler or Zendaya?
- 'Grimm' Season 2 finale: 'Goodnight, Sweet Grimm' sends a major character to his coffin
- 'The Voice' results: The Top 10 sheds two - Who went home?
- 'Dancing with the Stars' finale: Who landed in 4th place?
- 'The Voice': Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert perform tribute for tornado victims
- More From Zap2it
- Dancing With the Stars Season 16 Finale: Did the Right Couple Win the Mirrorball Trophy?
- Grimm Post Mortem: David Giuntoli on Nick in a Box ('It's Going to Be Bad'), Wesen Sex and More
- Disney Channel Pulls Controversial Jessie Episode That Mocked Gluten Intolerance
- The Voice Top 10 Results Recap: Did the Right Two Contestants Go Home?
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Vampire Diaries, Nikita, Psych, Revenge, Covert Affairs and More!
- More From TVLine