As the hosts tossed out names to her, she gave descriptions of her former co-stars, flings, and lovers. Morgan Freeman was "monumental and so sexy." Jack Nicholson was a "dirty, dirty boy." She dated Marlon Brando for more than six years, but went mum on details about him. She did try to make Brando jealous at one point by dating Elvis Presley, whom she called "beautiful but boring."
According to Moreno, the ploy worked, and "it made Marlon cah-razy," which impressed the audience and the hosts. "You are a spicy little thing, Rita Moreno," said Holly Robinson Peete.
Chiklis says he's perfected three different impressions of the actor, "young Brando, middle Brando" and "the last Brando," when he was "older" and "sort of effeminate."
Donald asked Larry about his favorite moments from his time on TV. Larry mentioned two choices for his best guests: Marlon Brando and Frank Sinatra. Both of these stars were well-known for their refusal to do interviews, but Larry still got them to appear on his show. King reminisced about his odd yet charming talk with Mr. Brando. He said that Marlon brought his dog to the studio, sang songs, and kissed him at the end of the interview.
Larry also discussed his interview with Frank Sinatra -- which was the last interview that Sinatra ever did on television. Summing things up, King called Sinatra "the best entertainer of his era," which is high praise indeed.
Ruffalo was telling Hunt how he first encountered Brando's work when, as a youngster, his grandmother let him sneak downstairs one night to watch 'A Streetcar Named Desire' on TV. "Who is that guy and what is he doing?" Ruffalo said. "I want to do that." And thus was launched an acting career.
Watch the video after the jump.
We winced. We cringed. Then we watched it again.
Carey's, uh, loosened speech was the first genuinely awkward moment this award show season, but there were many actors, filmmakers, and musicians before her who've heard their name called, stepped to the podium, and made things a little weird for everyone.
Andrew Bergman wrote and directed that 1990 film, and he was lucky enough to get Marlon Brando to play Carmine Sabatini. Even though Brando blasted the film before its release -- said it would be a turkey -- he eventually came to appreciate the experience.
Last year, Brett mentioned that Turner Classic Movies would be showing a retrospective on the life and career of actor Marlon Brando. Well, it's finally here, and you can check out the first part of Brando on TCM tomorrow night at 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m., and the conclusion on Wednesday night at the same times.
The documentary features interviews with Al Pacino, John Turturro, John Travolta, Martin Scorsese and Cloris Leachman, among others about what it was like to work with a man many considered both a genius and one of the most difficult men in Hollywood to work with.
If you can find it, I also recommend Hearts of Darkness, a documentary about the making of Apocalypse Now that also shows a glimpse as to what Brando could be like on set. Of course, by the end of filming on that movie I think everyone had pretty much lost their marbles.
The Hollywood Reporter has a review of the doc here.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'American Girl Doll'
- 'Madam Secretary' Premiere Photos
- 'Castle' Season 7 Premiere Spoilers: 5 Major Surprises in One Twisty 'Driven' Storyline
- 'America's Got Talent' Rankings: The Top 30 Performances of Season 9
- 'Scorpion' Premiere and Cast Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- The Voice Season 7 Coaches Hit the Road in New 'Topless' Promo Image
- Witches of East End's Rachel Boston on Ingrid's Killer Twist: What's Next?
- TVLine Items: Justified Final-Season Scoop, Doctor Xmas Casting & More
- Elementary Season 3 Mini-Trailer Pits Joan vs. Sherlock's New Protégé
- Did Doctor Who Outdo Himself? Is Dave Annable the Best Medicine? What Are Laura's Real Mysteries? And More Qs
- More From TVLine
- Beyonce & Jay Z's Best & Worst Fashion Moments
- Shonda Rhimes Slams 'New York Times' Article for Calling Her an 'Angry Black Woman'
- The 17 Most Gratuitous Butt Shots in Jennifer Lopez's ''Booty'' Music Video
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Sneak Peek: Watch the First Group Dinner of Season 8!
- EXCLUSIVE! 'Once Upon a Time': Absolutely Everything We Know About Season 4!
- More From ET