married with children
Barney Miller is one of those sitcoms I never think about anymore. When I make my mental list of the best sitcoms I never even think of it, even though it was a very good show. I guess it's out of mind because it's not shown on TV that much. I'm surprised it's not part of the regular lineup of TV Land or Nickelodeon. Of course, they don't show The Dick Van Dyke Show much anymore either even though they own it, so nothing surprises me about those two channels anymore.
- Barney Miller - Season 3
- The F Word - Series 2: Uncensored
- Ghost Hunters - Season 4, Part 2
And now, a comedy about TV stardom, drugs, porn, and a dog licking David Faustino's butt crack - VIDEO
That's what former Married ... With Children star David Faustino has done with Star-ving, a new web show at Crackle.com. Episode 1 is up right now (and after the jump). It's not too long, and it's worth seeing. It's not the funniest thing, but kudos to everyone for going all out.
Faustino is pretty much playing a version of himself, and he's trying to get work in an industry that seems to have forgotten him. He goes to former co-star Ed O'Neil (nice of him to do a cameo here, and he's really funny) for help, and O'Neil pretty much tells him he's out of his f*****g mind. The show also co-stars former Parker Lewis Can't Lose star Corin Nemec. Episode 2 features Gilbert Gottfried, and future eps will feature Christina Applegate, Katey Segal, Ed Asner, and the cast of Growing Pains.
This is NSFW. It features swearing, references to drugs and suicide, and a disturbing scene of a German Shepherd licking Faustino's rear end.
With that said, I know that the announcement of each season's DWTS cast is heavily anticipated and rumored for months before the actual announcement. We heard that Dan Marino may be a contestant; a claim that was soon denied. 82-year-old Cloris Leachman was another name floated, as was Magnum, P.I. himself, Tom Selleck. Kim Kardashian and Kathy Griffin were also said to have been approached.
As with most rumors, some of these turned out to be false, but others had some truth to them. Follow me after the jump for the official (and completely insane) cast of Dancing With the Stars' seventh season, along with some twists the producers have cooked up for this go-around.
Contestants had one minute to give a video pitch for their spinoff. The first finalist is The Halftime Show, a spinoff of Friday Night Lights that focuses on the people who play in the school bands that perform at football halftime shows. Married...with Children, 10 Years Later (I think that's the name of it anyway) has Al no longer married but becoming rich and starting to date again. The East Wing is a spinoff of The West Wing, and centers on the goings-on with The First Lady (estranged from her husband) and her staff.
Here are the new TV DVDs, in stores tomorrow.
- The Adventures of Robin Hood - Season 1
- Battlestar Galactica - Season 3
- Bionic Woman (new) - Vol. 1
- Bozo's Big Top - Best of Bozo: Vol. 1
- Dennis The Menace - Trouble Trouble Everywhere
- Greek - Chapter 1
- Justice League - New Frontier: Special Edition
- Married...With Children - Season 8
- McHale's Navy - Season 3
- The Pebbles and Bamm Bamm Show - Complete Series
- A Pup Named Scooby-Doo - Season 1
- The Real McCoys - Best Of: Vol. 1
- Route 66 - Super Series Vol. 1
- Steve Canyon - Special Edition
- The Untouchables - Season 2, Vol. 1
- The Wild, Wild West - Season 4
A roundup of TV people from in front of the camera and behind the scenes who have passed away.
- Robert DoQui: He was a veteran character actor who appeared in a ton of TV shows over the years, including ER, The Outer Limits, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Party of Five, The Practice, NYPD Blue, Picket Fences, Happy Days, I Dream of Jeannie, Gunsmoke, Cagney and Lacey, Hill Street Blues, Knot's Landing, and others. He was also in three of the Robocop movies and also the films Nashville, Short Cuts, and Cloak and Dagger. He died at age 74 in Los Angeles.
In a move that is sure to please lovers of both so-good-it's-bad ironic entertainment and cautionary Hollywood tales, the AV Club is reporting that noted d-bag author of The Game, Neil Strauss, has released this set of promotional videos. In them, David Faustino and Corin Nemec team up to show just how good Strauss's method for picking up chicks is by challenging each other to a "who can get the most telephone numbers" contest. A sample (NSFW) video after the jump...
Here are the new TV DVDs, in stores tomorrow.
- Ballykissangel - Season 6 and The Complete Collection
- Blade: The Series - House of Chthon
- Boston Legal - Season 3
- Brothers & Sisters - Season 1
- The Bullwinkle Show - The Best of Rocky & Bullwinkle, Vol. 2
- Casper - Vol. 1
- Corner Gas - Season 4
- Everybody Loves Raymond - Season 9
- Family Guy - Vol. 5
- Ghost Whisperer - Season 2
- The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy - Season 1
- Jekyll - Jekyll
- The Johnny Cash Show - The Best Of The Johnny Cash Show (Deluxe)
- Josie and the Pussycats - Complete Series
- Married... with Children - Season 7
- Masters of Horror - Sounds Like and The Washingtonians
- Smallville - Season 6
- Stargate: Atlantis - Season 3
- Superman (Animated) - Doomsday
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Season 1, Vol. 2
- Upright Citizens Brigade - Season 2
It's a typical night in Moscow. You have just finished supper and are now ready to sit down with your wife, children, parents, aunts, uncles, and cousins to watch some television. On the screen a sad-faced shoe salesman is anchored to his living room couch watching his own TV. Strutting behind him is his gaudily-dressed, shockingly red-haired wife. To the side his ditsy blonde-haired daughter and fairly intelligent son, who dreams of something bigger in his life, bicker over something or other.
Sounds a bit like Married... With Children, doesn't it? Well, truth be told, it actually is. The name of the show is Schastlivy Vmeste (translated to Happy Together) and it is an authorized copy of the former FOX sitcom featuring Russian cast members and dialog. It is also a huge hit in Russia, especially among younger viewers. According to a spokesperson for Russian channel TNT, Vmeste is the most popular scripted series among the 18 to 30 crowd.
I will never forget being in high school and hearing the news that a new network would soon be premiering. It was only going to be on a couple nights a week, but instead of airing reruns and crappy local shows, it would air all new programs; it was unprecedented.
That network was called FOX, and while many of the programs were of no interest to me, I was really impressed at how they followed through with their promises. Specifically, cutting edge programming and big budgets. I watched Al & Peg Bundy say things that my parents didn't want me to hear. I watched George C. Scott in the only sitcom he ever starred in. Most importantly, I was witness to the phenomenon that became The Simpsons.
Of all the television I've watched in my life, there are few shows that I can say, I truly hate. Even a bad show has its place in TV history. However, if there is one thing I can't stand it's a show that doesn't live up to the hype. As always, these are only my choices. I'm sure you will have plenty of your own.
Well, Christina finally found something she likes. She has signed on to star in an ABC comedy pilot called Sam I Am, where she'll play an amnesia victim who has to rediscover her life. It's the first starring television role for Applegate since the late '90s. Of course, she was the legendary Kelly Bundy on Married, With Children, from 1987-1997. Since then she starred in 1998's short-lived Jesse, and won an Emmy for a guest-starring role on Friends. Otherwise, she's stuck to movies for the last ten years.
Jean Smart, formerly of Designing Women and 24, has also taken a role in the comedy, and Jennifer Esposito will co-star as Applegate's best friend.
A year later, and the show is finally getting the go ahead for a pilot, but not at NBC. Somehow the show has now ended up at ABC. Liman, who directed the big screen version, will direct the pilot. It will be written by Simon Kinberg, who wrote the movie. Kinberg says of the series, ""It's essentially Married With Children with guns." Casting is under way with nobody officially attached to replace Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie at this time.
I'll be curious to get a look at it, just because it's Doug Liman, but my real hope for the show is that it will somehow lead to a DVD set of the completely unrelated CBS show, also called Mr. & Mrs. Smith. You might remember that from the fall of '96, starring Scott Bakula and Maria Bello.
- Criss Angel Mindfreak - Season 2
- ER - Season 6
- The First 48 - Most Intense Investigations
- Gene Simmons' Family Jewels - Season 1
- Hogan's Heroes - Season 5
- Married With Children - Season 6
- Prisoner: Cell Block H - Vol. 2
- The Simpsons - Season 9 (Both regular box and Lisa head box)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelorette' Rumor: Is Nick Viall Joining Season 11?
- 'Millionaire Matchmaker' Star Patti Stanger Witnessed 'RHONYC' Star Ramona Singer's Husband Cheating
- 'The Good Wife' Recap: Everybody Wants a Piece of Alicia Following the Election
- 'Revenge' Recap: How Far Does Emily Go to Clear Daniel's Name?
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Finale Recap: Does Alexandria Need Rick Grimes?
- More From BuddyTV
- Justin Bieber Babysits Kourtney Kardashian's Son Mason Disick
- Justin Timberlake Tears Up Thanking Wife Jessica Biel at iHeartRadio Music Awards
- Hugh Jackman Says He's Only Playing Wolverine 'One Last Time'
- Rihanna Performs 'BBHMM' at iHeartRadio Awards, and It's Amazing!
- Star Sightings March 2015
- More From ET