According to Deadline, 'Glee' co-creators Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan will be joined by 'Chuck' producer Allison Adler as co-executive producer.
Comic book scribe and playwright Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa will serve as co-producer and 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' veteran Marti Noxon and writer/actor Michael Hitchcock will be consulting producers.
Matt Hodgson, formerly a script supervisor on the Fox comedy, and Ross Maxwell will serve as staff writers.
The CW has tapped Marti Noxon, Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain, veterans of Joss Whedon projects 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' and 'Angel,' for new projects.
According to Vulture, former 'Dollhouse' and 'Angel' writers Craft and Frain are working on an adaptation of 'The Vampire Diaries' author L.J. Smith's book series 'Secret Circle.' The drama follows a teen girl who moves from California to New Salem and discovers she's a witch. Alloy Entertainment, the production company behind 'Gossip Girl' and 'The Vampire Diaries,' is prepping the project for The CW.
Getting into movies for a moment, Fright Night was always a guilty pleasure of mine. Noxon is a good choice to write it too. Along with the diversity of her writing experience, she has used the same sort of combination of horror/humor when she wrote Buffy.
Of course, she's not the only Buffy alumnus writing a comedy horror. Joss Whedon himself is involved with project called Cabin In The Woods. He has the spare time to complete it now.
Hell, the idea of a dirty magazine for women is taboo enough for a TV show. Aren't we led to believe that women are above all that; that only men are depraved enough to prop up that entire industry? Suddenly, in two different half-hour comedies, HBO is taking a long hard look at female sexuality in a way that's even more scrutinizing than Sex and the City.
The original idea was to have a young feminist work at an existing porn magazine. Thank god creators Marti Noxon and Dawn Parouse changed their minds. It's much more intriguing to consider an older woman spearheading such an enterprise. I am interested in what name they ultimately come up with for the show. What would you call it?
Normally, I'd say this premise makes Gigantic sound like another brain dead tween show. You know, the kind that might end up launching the next big bubblegum pop star like Miley Cyrus. But I expect more from Noxon, Prouse and The N.
If you are like me, you stayed up late Friday night just to catch Act 3 of Doctor Horrible, even though you needed to be up at 5AM to watch F1 in Germany. Chances are that there are more of you that stayed up late and couldn't give two shakes about a car race at Hockenheim, but either way, we've come to the end of Joss Whedon's great experiment. It seemed like a good idea to get a post up and see what everybody thought. A lot of it was what I expected based simply on the players involved. It stood to reason that there would be some good yucks, a bit of a twist, and since this is Joss Whedon, even...
I'm combining Sunday's panel reports because neither the Women in Sci-Fi panel nor The 4400 panel was brimming with revelations unless you count as a revelation the fact that Lucy Lawless' fans bear a striking resemblance to the core audience of the WNBA, but you shouldn't.
Remember, a couple of casting changes have already been announced for this show, including the casting of Sally Field as the mother of those brothers and sisters in the title. She replaced Betty Buckley, who played the role in the pilot.
Not a good sign for a show in such a high profile slot, is it?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Glee' Quotes from 'The Hurt Locker, Part 2'
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.14 Photos: A Case Causes Tony to Flashback to His Days in Military School
- 'Grey's Anatomy': The 15 Most Bizarre Medical Cases
- 'Reign' Episode 2.13 Photos: Will Mary and Francis Reunite at the Winter's Ease Feast?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- J.K. Simmons Hosts SNL: Watch Video of the Best and Worst Sketches!
- Report: E! Docuseries Will Capture Bruce Jenner's Transition to Woman
- Performer of the Week: Kerry Washington
- TVLine Mixtape, Parenthood Edition: Your Fave Songs From All 6 Seasons
- Ratings: Shark Tank Slips, Dixie Drops, CBS and NBC Dramas Tick Down
- More From TVLine
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Reportedly Placed on Ventilator, Drug Overdose Suspected (Updated)
- Justin Timberlake Is 'Getting the Greatest Gift Ever': A Baby
- Star Sightings
- Helen Mirren, Jerry Seinfeld & Tom Hanks Ride the Subway -- Just Like You
- These 15 Seconds of Neil Patrick Harris Will Make You Excited for His Variety Show
- More From ET