So, what are you waiting for? I can hear you salivating with anticipation from here. Read on, my friend -- Read on!
More comics, more anime and more sci-fi -- what more could a genre geek ask for? Last year's wraparound lineups and record-setting crowds finally persuaded the people behind Toronto's annual genre convention -- Fan Expo --to add an extra day. It now starts on Thursday instead of Friday, and runs from August 25 to 28.
Good thing too, since there are more high-profile guests and "one time only" events than there have ever been. Whether you're a fan of comics, sci-fi, horror, anime, gaming or all of the above, there is bound to be something for everyone.
Comic fans are in for some big announcements from Marvel and DC, and horror fans will get an exclusive screening of 'Near Dark,' the cult horror film from Best Director Oscar winner Kathryn Bigelow. Plus, William Shatner returns to the big screen with documentary 'The Captains,' which features interviews with everyone who has ever piloted the Starship Enterprise.
This is just a taste of what's to come at this year's Fan Expo. For the true highlights of this year's convention, hit the jump.
It was something of the opposite of "Peter's Two Dads." Where that one excelled with the structure of the story, this one wasn't as strong. But the collection of cutaways presented with this episode was far superior. Of course, given that I only liked one of them last week, that's a pretty low bar. We'll save those for last though, and get to the meat of the episode. As is often the case, we had a Peter story balanced with a Stewie story.
I have to admit that I didn't get the connection when I saw the episode, but friends of legendary Hollywood producer Bob Evans say that the dottering old character played by Martin Landau this season is based on him, and he's not happy about it.
Now, at first I would think that it's silly, because there are plenty of old producers in Hollywood, but a friend of Evans says that not only did they use Evans' house in the show, but Entourage producers actually approached him earlier this year to play himself on the show.
HBO says the character is not based on Evans.
(S03E11) It seems only fitting that the week that I fill in for Jonathan, the name of the episode is "What About Bob?" The only thing stranger would be if next week's episode was titled "The Return of Jonathan." (Just checked, it's not.)
While Drama goes to shoot his first scenes for the new Ed Burns flick, Ari, Bob, and Eric go to see a studio head about the Ramones movie, and Vince and Turtle spend the day trying to track down a pair of expensive, limited edition sneakers from a famous Japanese artist.
Oh, this sucks. The first season set of Mission: Impossible was supposed to come out on September 12, but now comes word that the set won't be released til later this year. And there's no date announced yet either. Amazon has a page for the set, but says that the studio is not currently producing the DVDs, so I guess it's one of those "wait and see" deals.
Is the original series being shown on television right now? I haven't seen an episode in years. I think younger fans of the Tom Cruise movies will be surprised at how different the TV show is (aside from the theme song).
Though what's with the slogan "Nothing smolders like the original"? What, is this a commercial for a barbecue sauce? That's really kinda lame. Besides, I really liked the first Cruise movie (#2 was a disappointment; haven't seen #3 yet).
A lot of people aren't aware that Peter Graves wasn't in the first season of the show. The head of the IMF team was Dan Briggs, played by Steven Hill (who you might know as Adam Schiff on Law and Order). When the show came back in the second season, I don't think there was any explanation as to why Briggs was gone (if anyone knows different, leave a comment with the info).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'Girls, Girls, Girls'
- 'Bones' 200th Episode Photos: The Gang Goes to the 1950s
- 'Bones' Episode 10.9 Photos: Does Brennan Have a Problem with Aubrey?
- 7 Thanksgiving Episodes To Escape Your Family Drama -- Available to Stream Now
- 'Supernatural' Recap: The Truth About Rowena is Revealed
- More From BuddyTV
- Dancing With the Stars Recap: Did the Right Couple Win? Plus: Top 5 Moments and Season 19 Finale Pics!
- Faking It Finale: EP Explains Karma's Dream, Liam's Sacrifice and More
- Mindy Project Recap: How Ma Got Her Groove Back
- Degrassi Surprise: Spinner Returns — and He's Still Working at the Dot!
- Awkward's Ashley Rickards Talks Jenna's Choice, Lacey's Surprise and More Season 4 Finale Twists
- More From TVLine
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Season 19 Winner: Who Took Home the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Paul Rudd's College Yearbook Photo Will Blow Your Mind
- 9 Reasons Mariah Carey's ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You' Is the Best Holiday Song of All Time
- Rihanna Teases New Song From Upcoming Eighth Album
- Could Your Kid Be a Star? ET Goes Inside An LA Acting School For Kids
- More From ET