February 27, 2015
by Jason Hughes, posted Oct 27th 2009 2:01PM
This week, we're going to take a bit of a departure from the shows we normally cover. It's very rare that a show that puts out 76 episodes could be considered by anyone to be gone too soon, and yet I make the argument that 8 Simple Rules (for Dating My Teenage Daughter) is that show.
I'm also not going to try and convince you that 8 Simple Rules was one of the greatest sitcoms of all time, because it simply wasn't. It was a fairly standard, solid series headlined by a brilliant comic actor... and then it became something else.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelor: The Women Tell All' Photos: Chris Soules Faces the Ladies
- 6 Reasons You're Going to Love 'Battle Creek'
- 'Star Trek' Legend Leonard Nimoy Dead at 83
- 'The Amazing Race' Prediction: Which Team Will Go Home Next?
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 12 Girls Performance Rankings
- More From BuddyTV
- Pilot Scoop: JoAnna Garcia Swisher Joins Tommy Johnagin's CBS Comedy
- Teen Wolf Season 5: Shelley Hennig on Stalia 'Changes,' New Faces and More
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Poster: Daenerys' Dragons Are Coming!
- Pilot Scoop: Craig Ferguson to Lord Over ABC Comedy The King of 7B
- Once Upon a Time's Lana Parrilla Talks Regina's Clash With Team Evil, a 'Cool' Resurrection, Losing Robin and More
- More From TVLine
- Remembering Leonard Nimoy: President Obama and Celebs React to the 'Star Trek' Star's Death
- Kelly Clarkson Can't Stop Hating on 'From Justin to Kelly'
- Leonard Nimoy, Spock of 'Star Trek,' Dead at 83
- The White & Gold or Blue & Black Dress: The 5 Stages of Dealing With the Debate
- Exclusive Clip: Naomi Judd Helps a Special Bride on 'Say Yes: Atlanta'
- More From ET