April 23, 2014
by Adam Finley, posted Oct 6th 2006 3:51PM
Peter Bogdanovich has updated his 1971 documentary Directed By John Ford for Turner Classic Movies. The new version, which will air on November 7 at 8 pm as part of a month-long tribute to the legendary director, will retain much of its original material, such as narration by Orson Welles, with new footage including interviews with Steven Spielberg (who was heavily influenced by Ford's The Searchers), Martin Scorsese, Clint Eastwood and Walter Hill. Interviews from the original version with Henry Fonda, James Stewart, John Wayne and Ford himself will also remain. Ford's films will be shown on TCM throughout the month of November as part of the tribute.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Originals': 15 Shocking Moments from 'An Unblinking Death'
- USA Sets Summer Premiere Dates for 'Suits,' 'Graceland,' 'Covert Affairs' and More
- 'RHOA': Phaedra Parks Talks About Her Marriage Issues and Reunion Drama
- [Video] 'Arrow' Sneak Peek: Is Roy a Lost Cause?
- Best 'Glee' Quotes from 'Opening Night'
- More From BuddyTV
- Parks and Rec's Amy Poehler & Mike Schur on the Season Finale ('Big Things Happen'), Baby Mania
- May Sweeps Scoopapalooza: 99+ Spoilers on Your Favorite Series' Season-Ending Episodes
- Charlize Theron and Andy Samberg to Host Final Saturday Night Live Episodes of the Season
- Ratings: S.H.I.E.L.D. and Voice Slip, Supernatural and About a Boy Rise, Glee Ties Low
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on 24, Revenge, Grey's, Dixie, Once, NCIS, Arrow, Sleepy and More!
- More From TVLine