Are you a Captain Kirk fan or a Captain Picard fan? On one hand you have toupees and overacting and awesome songs, and on the other hand you have a calm, tea-drinking guy who pulls at his shirt all the time. I lean more toward Picard, but I often find that punching an alien instead of talking to him and sleeping with various female life forms gets the job done too.
In honor of Star Trek: The Next Generation's 20th anniversary,* Marty Beckerman makes a case for Jean-Luc Picard as President of the U.S. in this Huffington Post piece. More specifically, he compares the leadership qualities of the Enterprise captain with the leadership qualities of our current President.
It's a great piece, even if you're not a
Trekkie geek virgin Star Trek aficionado.
* God I'm old.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Penny Dreadful' Season 2 Finale Recap: Vanessa Faces Evelyn for the Final Time
- 'True Detective' Recap: Is Velcoro Alive or Dead?
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: 2 Female HoHs and 2 Female Targets
- The 3 Biggest Differences Between 'True Detective' Season 1 and Season 2
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Where Does Everyone Stand in Week 2?
- More From BuddyTV
- Penny Dreadful Season Finale Recap: Blood, Threat and Tears
- Food Network Star Recap: A Thin Line Between Love and Hate
- True Detective Recap: Faking It
- Fall TV: Good Wife vs. Don Johnson, and Sunday's Other DVR Dilemmas
- Quotes of the Week From Teen Wolf, Complications, Rookie Blue and More!
- More From TVLine
- Margot Robbie Rocks 'Suicide Squad' Costume, Celebrates B-Day with Harley Quinn Cake
- EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: Inside Vanessa Williams' Stunningly Classy Wedding
- Demi Lovato Falls Hard During Pool Party Performance
- U.S. Women's National Soccer Team Wins Record-Setting Third World Cup, America Rejoices!
- Ashton Kutcher & Mila Kunis Wed in Secret Ceremony!
- More From ET