Are you a Captain Kirk fan or a Captain Picard fan? On one hand you have toupees and overacting and awesome songs, and on the other hand you have a calm, tea-drinking guy who pulls at his shirt all the time. I lean more toward Picard, but I often find that punching an alien instead of talking to him and sleeping with various female life forms gets the job done too.
In honor of Star Trek: The Next Generation's 20th anniversary,* Marty Beckerman makes a case for Jean-Luc Picard as President of the U.S. in this Huffington Post piece. More specifically, he compares the leadership qualities of the Enterprise captain with the leadership qualities of our current President.
It's a great piece, even if you're not a
Trekkie geek virgin Star Trek aficionado.
* God I'm old.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Episode 2.4 Photos: What Does Wes Find Out About Rebecca's 'Disappearance'?
- 'Arrow' Season 4 Premiere: 17 Shocking Moments from 'Green Arrow'
- 'Criminal Minds': The 9 Moments Leading Up to the UnSub's Final Plan in 'The Witness'
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from the Season 11 Premiere
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Episode 3.3 Photos: Pandora Unleashes a Dangerous Artifact
- More From BuddyTV
- FX Renews Tyrant for Season 3
- Halt and Catch Fire Scores Season 3 Renewal Amid Showrunner Switch
- Twin Peaks Recasts Major Role for Revival (and It's a Total Bummer)
- Game of Thrones Casts New Red Priestess, But What Does It Mean?
- Ratings: Arrow Hits Best Premiere Number Since Series Launch
- More From TVLine
- Scott Disick Calls Nude Kourtney Kardashian a 'Hot Mama'
- Lance Bass Clarifies 'Inappropriate Touching' Comments: 'No One From *NSYNC Was Molested'
- Janet Jackson and N.W.A. Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Once Upon a Time' Sneak Peek: Hook and Emma Relive Their First Date -- And It's Intense!
- Marvel Announces 'Ant-Man' Sequel -- and a Female Superhero Is Finally Getting Her Name in the Title!
- More From ET