Steenburgen described getting a text from a friend with the message, "Oh my god, I'm laughing so hard at your husband in bed with all those women," right before she had to shut her phone down for a five-hour flight.
Mary Steenburgen to Visit '30 Rock,' Elisabeth Moss Eyeing BBC Miniseries Lead and More Casting News
According to EW, Steenburgen will guest-star as Charlotte, the "highly spirited and attractive" mother of Elizabeth Banks' character, Avery.
In her multi-episode arc, expect to see WASP-ish Charlotte going head to head with Jack (Alec Baldwin).
Hit the jump for more casting news.
Fall TV will host several major reunions that you definitely won't want to miss. Terry O'Quinn will head back to the island for a stint alongside former 'Lost' costar Daniel Dae Kim on 'Hawaii Five-0,' while Ray and Debra are back together (sort of) when Ray Romano stops by 'The Middle' to visit his former 'Everybody Loves Raymond' costar Patricia Heaton. And let's not forget 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' alums Charisma Carpenter and James Marsters playing a married couple on an episode of 'Supernatural' this season.
Wanna know who else is heading to TV this fall? Check out some more of the biggest and best guest stars, including 'The Wire' alum Michael K. Williams (Omar!), Oscar-nominated actress Patricia Clarkson and crooner Josh Groban in AOL TV's fall guest star gallery.
But now, she's ready to step back into the real world, and where better to do that than with her estranged son Ryan. After she shows Wilfred some love, he's all for giving Mom a second chance, and completely attaches himself to her.
But Mom proves to be a little off-center still, and Ryan was simply too inflexible to allow her outlandish stories and behavior. But really, was she that much more embarrassing than anyone else's mother? Okay, the mooning incident was a bit much.
"Beware, Steve Carell. This could happen to you," Steenburgen noted somberly. Back in the 'Late Night' studio, Fallon decided it was time to turn the lights up to get their bearings. Danson suddenly had a guest-couch buddy: Pee-Wee Herman.
The show will have a musical element, not surprising given its setting, and Steenburgen is reported to sing in the role. Shooter Jennings, son of Waylon Jennings, is also reportedly on board as an executive consultant and music supervisor.
More casting news after the jump.
1. Where were you born?
Los Angeles, California.
2. How many siblings do you have?
Three. Carly, Tyler, and Stella.
4. Do you have any pets?
I had a lot growing up! My apartment doesn't allow pets. I want a dog though! I love dogs. Thelma and Louise were our two dogs growing up. We also over the years had a bunch of cats. First we had Pippi, who my sister named (The Pippi Longstocking movie had just come out), and Pippi had two kittens, that my brother and I each got to name. I named mine "Fluffy," because I'm sooo creative, and my brother named his "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Ghostbuster," who was also known to the rest of us as "patches."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Scream Queens' Episode 5 Photos: Will Chanel Get Her Pumpkin Patch Party?
- Best 'Castle' Quotes from 'PhDead'
- 'Heroes Reborn' Episode 4 Photos: Will the Heroes Prevail or be Stopped?
- 'The Flash' Cast Teases Fallout from Singularity in Season 2
- [Videos] 'NCIS' Sneak Peek: Does Tony Have Royal Blood in Him?
- More From BuddyTV
- Empire First Look: Adam Rodriguez Enters Cookie's Lair
- Video: Jessica Jones Gets Some Air
- Nashville Sneak Peek: Deacon and Scarlett Face Their Toughest Decision
- Ratings: Minority Report Eyes Bleak Future After Second Straight Drop-Off
- Finding Carter: Will Jackson Rathbone's Jared Come Between Carter and Crash?
- More From TVLine
- 'iZombie' Scoop: 6 Appe-Teasers You Need to Devour Before Tuning Into Season 2!
- Sandra Bullock: Having a Child 'Forces You to Get Your Sh*t Together'
- Caleb Logan Bratayley's Parents Reveal 13-Year-Old YouTube Star Died of 'Undetected Medical Condition'
- Kim Zolciak Says She'll Be Back to Perform on 'Dancing With the Stars' Finale
- Cate Blanchett Decided to Marry Her Husband After 3 Days Together
- More From ET