Last night's Glee -- "Mash-Up" -- was one of the best of the season, but it may be that it was merely an appetizer and that next week's show is going to be the big enchilada (hmm... I must be hungry). Anyway, the show won't be back until November -- after the World Series --- and based on Fox's previews, it looks like a lot is going to happen.
(S01E08) In what might be one of the best episodes of Glee since the premiere, Matthew Morrison was given a true showcase. There was also no Will family drama. Hmm ... is that a coincidence? I don't think so. I clearly have more interest in what Will's doing at McKinley High with the singing and dancing then his marriage.
Mash-ups were on the top of the to-do list. Emma and Ken asked Will for a wedding song mash-up, which was easier said than done when the two songs they wanted were "I Could Have Danced All Night" from My Fair Lady and Sisqo's "The Thong Song." Fortunately, Will didn't sing the former, just the latter.
If you're like me, you're waking up with a major hangover today. It has nothing to do with the elections and everything to do with Britney and K-Fed's divorce. Like, OMG! I totally thought they'd last 4EVER!
To brighten your day, I have a video mash-up for you. It's The Office meets Justin Timberlake's SexyBack. It brings a whole new meaning to the song, which was just 'okay' in my book until I saw the video. It's mostly Dwight and Michael, with a little Jim sprinkled in (the one who's really bringing sexy back!). Next time I hear that song on the radio, I'll be rocking out in my car with some Michael Scott dance moves! Look for me on a freeway near you.
Video is after the jump:
Right up there with the themes to Charles in Charge and The Facts of Life on the list of songs that are always stuck in my head is that catchy "Mahna Mahna" Muppet ditty. Somebody has created a few musical mash ups by mixing "Mahna Mahna" with some modern tunes, including a song by Kanye West, and that easy listening staple, "Walking in Memphis." Check them out here, along with a few other Muppet and Sesame Street mash ups. The Kanye West track is pretty catchy, and I have to say this new version of "Walking in Memphis" is actually an improvement on the original. Maybe that's because I've never actually walked in Memphis, with my feet ten feet off of Beale. I assume the song is refering to Howard Beale, Peter Finch's character in the movie Network.
[via Boing Boing]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Scandal': 15 Jaw-Dropping Moments from 'We Do Not Touch the First Ladies'
- 'Reign': 25 Moments of Mary, Marie and Marriage from 'The Consummation'
- Best 'Suits' Quotes from 'Buried Secrets'
- 'Bones' Episode 9.17 Photos: Time to Welcome a New Squintern!
- 'Justified' Season 5 Episode Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 4: First four episode descriptions released
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter wants Aaron Paul in Season 7
- 'Suits' Season 3: Big changes for Rachel and Louis revealed by Meghan Markle and Rick Hoffman
- 'Doctor Who': Peter Capaldi leaving after 1 season?
- TV ratings: 'Big Bang Theory' rises Thursday but 'Scandal' and 'Grey's Anatomy' fall
- More From Zap2it
- Did Glee Dis Artie? Why'd Castle Spoil a Twist? Are We to 'Ship Dead's Daryl/Beth? And More Qs!
- Exclusive Bones Clip: Booth, Brennan Squabble About Insurance (It's Funnier Than It Sounds)
- Pilot Scoop: Katie Holmes to Star in ABC's Dangerous Liaisons-esque High Society Drama
- Supernatural First Look: A Bloodthirsty Crowley Returns, Plus: Why Is Snooki Here?
- Mad Men Releases Trippy Season 7 Poster
- More From TVLine