Reports last week had Hagman dropped from the project, but the former 'I Dream of Jeannie' star told TV Guide he is unaware of the the negotiation halt.
"We were talking about money, but I didn't know it was going to come to a crashing halt like that," Hagman told TV Guide. "You got a scoop for whatever that's worth: Larry Hagman doesn't know what's going on!"
In November, Hagman, Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray were in talks to join the TNT series. Hagman read the script and said he liked it. It features a single J.R. who hasn't changed much.
"I thought I wanted to do it, but I didn't know it had come to this," he said. "We were so close to [a deal], I didn't know there was an issue. I thought more or less we had it down, unless this is a scare tactic. But I don't need to be scared at my age.
"I'd miss playing with Patrick and Linda, that's for sure, because we're all buddies," he said.
In other casting news ...
• Michaela McManus is heading to 'Hawaii Five-0.' The former 'Law & Order: SVU' assistant district attorney will play Kathleen Roberts, a district attorney who works with Grace Park's character Kono. McManus is currently recurring on 'The Vampire Diaries.' [TV Guide]
• 'So You Think You Can Dance' host Cat Deeley is coming to the Disney Channel. The host will appear on an episode of 'Shake it Up' as the school's assistant principal. [EW]
• Matt Dillon will guest star on 'Modern Family' as Claire's ex-boyfriend. Dillon will show up as the new boyfriend of Claire's mom, DeDe. [EW]
In fact, during any given pilot season, the networks compile a "wish list" of movie stars they'd love to get their mitts on and this year's no different. The Hollywood Reporter details that this time 'round, Oscar nominee Julianne Moore and indie darling Maria Bello rest atop the list for several of the more meaty female roles.
It seems that Moore, who's been dipping her toes into the television pool with a [much-mailgned] guest arc on '30 Rock' would be the dream addition to the Peacock net's take on PBS' long-running 'Prime Suspect.' ABC, too, has its eyes on Moore for its upcoming comedic drama 'Scoundrels' but has also approached Bello and former box office heavyweight-turned-compulsive-tweeter, Demi Moore about the role of a mom who tries to get her family of small-time criminals back on the straight and narrow.
Also on Inside Movies:
-- Matt Dillon chats about 'Armored' and escaping the Teen Idol tag in this interview.
-- The blog hands it to Morgan Freeman. What's up with the bandaged left hand?
(more posts after the jump)
(S19E03) Shut the hell up, you damn ass whore! -- Bart
Three episodes of The Simpsons down. Time for an extensive, in-depth analysis of the nineteenth season so far.
Honestly, I wasn't expecting an earth-shattering change in the show after The Simpsons Movie premiered this summer. What has come down the pike since late September has been entertaining and provided a good solid laugh or two. However, I do have one concern and an observation about our favorite yellow-headed patriarch. If I've piqued your interest then jump ahead. If not, then enjoy this floating Homer head. Enjoy it as you get sleepy . . . sleepy. Now, You Will Jump To The Next Page And Laugh Everytime I Say Flooblegee!
Actor Kevin Dillon, star of the HBO series Entourage, has taken the plunge and married his fiancee Jane Stuart (well, I hope he married his fiancee; it would be weird if I said he married his dog, Lucky).
The couple were married this past Saturday in a small ceremony at a downtown Las Vegas chapel. The wedding was witnessed by Dillon's co-star Kevin Connolly.
In addition to his role on Entourage, Dillon, younger brother of actor Matt Dillon, has also had
roles in such films as Platoon, The Doors and the upcoming film Poseidon.
Entourage, which focuses on the day-to-day life of Vince
Change Chase and his entourage, will
be back on HBO with twenty new episodes.
Up, down, left, right... this episode was all over the place. After last week's fairly solid effort, I was hoping we would see more of the same. But I don't think that it was necessarily the cast's fault. Matt Dillon just wasn't very good.
There was some heavy reliance on the four new guys (Samberg, Hader, Wiig, and Sudeikis) which I was very pleased with. But other than a few sketches, this episode was a snoozer.
Cold Open - Nice change of pace here. For once it wasn't a Bush press conference or Hardball. I really can't remember the last time they opened with a regular sketch, although the pre-taped Steve Martin open was very good. Maya, Rachel, Amy, and Kristen played four college girls waiting for their spring break flight. They're gonna have group sex, smoke some hash, all sorts of fun things. The pay-off is after their flight gets called, we find out their parents were sitting next to them the whole time. Favorite line: "Last year when I got home, I found a ten dollar bill in my butt."
Then, on March 11, Matt Dillon will host while Arctic Monkeys, the band that everyone is talking about these days, will be the musical guest.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 18 Official Photos: Celebrities with Their Partners
- Meet the Contestants from 'Hell's Kitchen' Season 12
- 'Castle' 6.19 Photos: Captain Gates Gets a Visit from Her Estranged Sister
- 'Grimm' Season 3 Episode Photos
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Moments of Desperation or Hope
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Teen Wolf' Season 4 spoilers: A new teacher and student coming to Beacon Hills
- 'Orphan Black' Season 2 trailer: Sarah, kissing, fighting and a bald clone
- 'The Originals': Will Marcel and Rebekah run away together?
- 'True Detective' ends on a series high, 'Cosmos' gains audience from cable
- 'Castle' Season 6 episode 18 video: Geishas and karaoke in 'Way of the Ninja'
- More From Zap2it
- Revenge First Look: Emily and Victoria Face Off (and Get Physical) in Fabulous Fashion
- ABC Family Sets Summer Premieres For Pretty Little Liars, 90210 Gals' Mystery Girls and More
- Orphan Black Season 2 Trailer: New Enemies Attack Sarah & Co. — Plus: A [Spoiler] Clone?!
- Cable Ratings: True Detective Finale Draws Record Crowd; Plus Lindsay's Premiere Numbers
- Exclusive Twisted Sneak Peek: Danny Makes a Surprising Confession About Vikram's Death
- More From TVLine