September 17, 2014
by Mike Ryan, posted Dec 11th 2011 12:40PM
Katy Perry wasn't listed as the 'SNL' musical guest last night (that was Robyn), but, boy, she sure did sing a lot. Of the eight segments that Perry made an appearance in, she sang in six of them. I'm sorry, but that's pretty telling that the writers didn't know what else to really do with her. And to be fair to the writers: from what we saw of Perry, they probably did the best that they could. And it's always a bad sign when the host plays his or herself, which, yeah, she did that, too. I appreciate Perry willing to stretch herself as host instead of "musical guest who also appears in a sketch", but, yeesh, this was pretty bad. Not even Matt Damon and Val Kilmer could save this show. But, hey: At least Kristen Wiig had a good show. And 'Weekend Update' saved this show from being the worst of the season. Barely. On to a pretty ugly scorecard...
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- 'America's Got Talent' Finale Predictions: Who Will Win Season 9?
- 'Red Band Society' Review: A Feel-Good Twist on Another Medical Dramedy
- 'Top Chef Duels' Prediction: Who Will Survive Week 7?
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Recap: Jax's Secret Campaign to Take Down Lin Begins
- More From BuddyTV
- New Girl Recruits a Person of Interest to Woo Jess in November
- Grimm Recruits Franklin & Bash Actress to Lay Down the Law
- Mysteries of Laura EP on Debra Messing Cop Comedy: 'We Push the Envelope'
- American Horror Story Pumps Up the Freak Factor in New Poster
- Red Band Society First Look: Nurse Jackson Is Not Here for the Muffins
- More From TVLine
- Channing, Reese and Jennifer Reveal the Not So Nice Things People Tell Them on the Street
- Inside Lauren Conrad's Wedding and Her 'Crazy Party'
- Julianna Margulies Sings Your Morning Announcements
- Beyonce and Jay Z Collaborating on New Album
- Bryan Cranston's MLB One-Man Show Will Make You Love Him Even More!
- More From ET