Whirlpool (yes, they bought Maytag last year) is looking for the next Maytag Repairman, the guy in the blue uniform who never has anything to do because Maytag appliances work so well.
200 guys showed up for a casting call yesterday, including a guy who talked to appliances like it was a wife, a guy with dreadlocks, and yet another guy who sang. They're holding auditions in other cities, and also accepting them by mail (though you better hurry, they're picking the new spokesman in March).
I haven't seen a TV commercial featuring the Maytag Repairman in quite some time, though I'm sure they still run. The current guy is Hardy Rawls, who took over for Gordon Jump (WKRP in Cincinnati), who took over for Jesse White.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Where Does Everyone Stand in Week 2?
- The Funniest Quotes from 'Big Brother 17' Week 1
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 2 Power of Veto?
- 'Big Brother 17': Why The Twin Twist Has Been Terribly Disappointing
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 2 Battle of the Block?
- More From BuddyTV
- Performer of the Week: Missy Peregrym
- Chicago Fire Season 4: Casey Has Gone Missing! — What Happens Next?
- A.D. The Bible Continues Cancelled
- Ratings: Hannibal, Rookie, Beast Steady on Soft Holiday Eve; Dome Drops
- More From TVLine
- Miley Cyrus Doubles Down on Patriotic Gear for the Fourth of July -- See the Pics!
- Stars Are Seeing Red, White & Blue While Celebrating the Fourth of July
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Writes Heartwarming Handwritten Letter to Ailing Fan
- Kelly Rutherford Reunites With Her Children in New York City
- One Direction's Liam Payne Gets Gets Up Close and Personal with Dinos at Universal Orlando
- More From ET