Whirlpool (yes, they bought Maytag last year) is looking for the next Maytag Repairman, the guy in the blue uniform who never has anything to do because Maytag appliances work so well.
200 guys showed up for a casting call yesterday, including a guy who talked to appliances like it was a wife, a guy with dreadlocks, and yet another guy who sang. They're holding auditions in other cities, and also accepting them by mail (though you better hurry, they're picking the new spokesman in March).
I haven't seen a TV commercial featuring the Maytag Repairman in quite some time, though I'm sure they still run. The current guy is Hardy Rawls, who took over for Gordon Jump (WKRP in Cincinnati), who took over for Jesse White.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Joe's Demise and the Epic Couple Swap
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Recap: Madison and Travis Prepare to Leave LA
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: Vanessa Picks the Other Side
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Spoilers: Two Contestants Arrive While Someone Has a Change of Heart
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 10 Power of Veto?
- More From BuddyTV
- MTV VMAs Best & Worst Moments: Rebel Wilson's F-Bomb, Nicki Minaj's Shade, Taylor's Clean Sweep and More
- Miley Cyrus Flashes Bare Breast on Camera at MTV Video Music Awards
- Falling Skies Boss Weighs In on Series Finale's Big Twists (Including a Very Final One That Didn't Make the Cut)
- Kanye West Announces Presidential Run During Insane MTV VMA Speech
- Justin Bieber Returns to the MTV VMAs: Grade His 'Comeback' Performance
- More From TVLine