Whirlpool (yes, they bought Maytag last year) is looking for the next Maytag Repairman, the guy in the blue uniform who never has anything to do because Maytag appliances work so well.
200 guys showed up for a casting call yesterday, including a guy who talked to appliances like it was a wife, a guy with dreadlocks, and yet another guy who sang. They're holding auditions in other cities, and also accepting them by mail (though you better hurry, they're picking the new spokesman in March).
I haven't seen a TV commercial featuring the Maytag Repairman in quite some time, though I'm sure they still run. The current guy is Hardy Rawls, who took over for Gordon Jump (WKRP in Cincinnati), who took over for Jesse White.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- [Video] 'The Bachelor' Season 19: Estrogen Mayhem and a Pregnancy Test
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.9 Photos: Mommy, Daddy and Hope!
- If I Am Going Down That Dark Alley Then I Want These Characters With Me
- 'The Flash': The Good and Evil from 'Power Outage'
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Winter Finale Photos: Christmas Memories
- More From BuddyTV
- Forever Video: Henry and Jo Want to Know Who Put Out a Hit on This Brit
- The Missing Sneak Peek: Emily Finally Says What She's Really Thinking
- Fall TV Report Card: Are Your Freshman Faves Making the Grade? Have Any 'Doomed' Noobs Dodged the Axe?
- Real World's Ryan Knight Dead at 29
- Macy's Thanksgiving Parade 2014: The Rockettes Goof, Scary Newbies & More
- More From TVLine
- 9 Topics to Talk About During Thanksgiving Dinner (That Won't Start Any Family Fights)
- As New Cosby Accusers Come Forward, Legal Options Remain Limited
- Watch Michael Douglas Sneak Up On His Legendary Dad
- 14 Foolproof Tips For Conquering America's Favorite Holiday: Black Friday
- Chris Rock on Tracy Morgan's Recovery and How ET's Nischelle Turner Inspired 'Top Five'
- More From ET