Whirlpool (yes, they bought Maytag last year) is looking for the next Maytag Repairman, the guy in the blue uniform who never has anything to do because Maytag appliances work so well.
200 guys showed up for a casting call yesterday, including a guy who talked to appliances like it was a wife, a guy with dreadlocks, and yet another guy who sang. They're holding auditions in other cities, and also accepting them by mail (though you better hurry, they're picking the new spokesman in March).
I haven't seen a TV commercial featuring the Maytag Repairman in quite some time, though I'm sure they still run. The current guy is Hardy Rawls, who took over for Gordon Jump (WKRP in Cincinnati), who took over for Jesse White.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 17 Shocking Moments from 'The Separation of Crows'
- 'Nashville' Recap: Will Rayna Choose Career Over Romance?
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Recap: Edward Mordrake's Hellish Carnival Gets a New Freak
- 'Criminal Minds' Recap: No Treats for These Kids on Halloween
- 'Arrow' Recap: The Devil Returns to Starling City
- More From BuddyTV
- Go Behind the Scenes with the Famous Voices of Disney's 'Big Hero 6'
- Jennifer Lopez Opens Up About Being Verbally and Mentally Abused in Past Relationships
- On Set with Allison Janney and Anna Faris at ‘Mom,' TV's Most Improved Comedy
- Jon Cryer Talks Upcoming Wedding – To Ashton – and New Movie
- Kaley Cuoco Gets Hollywood Walk of Fame Star, Right Near '8 Simple Rules' Dad John Ritter
- More From ET