July 29, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Apr 28th 2010 10:07AM
There's so much to like about ABC's award-winning new sitcom 'Modern Family' that it seems almost curmudgeon-like to complain. Nevertheless, you have to wonder where in the world 'Modern Family' is located. No, not the place; it's clearly Southern California. No, it's the economy. 'Modern Family' resides in an economy unaffected by the recession. Everybody is doing well. Nobody's worried about paying the mortgage, or – God forbid – facing foreclosure. Things are going so well in 'Modern Family' world that the entire clan is heading to Hawaii for a family vacation.
Wow, remember when your family could afford to fly off for a holiday? It was probably some time around the turn of the century ... 2000. Maybe 'Modern Family' is in a time warp because they're all checking into the Four Seasons Maui. It'll be the May 12 season finale, so tune in if you want to live vicariously.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Quest' Premiere Episode Photos
- 'America's Got Talent' Live Blog: First 12 Live Performances For America To Vote On
- The Final Rose: Josh and Andi's Fairytale Journey on 'The Bachelorette'
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 10 Finale Photos: The Final Rose
- 'The Bachelor' Season 19: Who Will Be the Next Bachelor?
- More From BuddyTV
- The Originals' Claire Holt Joins NBC Drama Aquarius as Series Regular
- TV Land Cancels Kirstie Alley Sitcom Kirstie After One Season
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 2 Poster Promises Same Shift on a Different Day — Plus: An 'Artsy' Photo Shoot Video
- Will iZombie 'Out-Gore' Walking Dead? Is Veronica Mars Crossover Inevitable?
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams on Lady Stoneheart, 'Snobby' Book Readers and Her New Movie Heatstroke
- More From TVLine