April 19, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Apr 28th 2010 10:07AM
There's so much to like about ABC's award-winning new sitcom 'Modern Family' that it seems almost curmudgeon-like to complain. Nevertheless, you have to wonder where in the world 'Modern Family' is located. No, not the place; it's clearly Southern California. No, it's the economy. 'Modern Family' resides in an economy unaffected by the recession. Everybody is doing well. Nobody's worried about paying the mortgage, or – God forbid – facing foreclosure. Things are going so well in 'Modern Family' world that the entire clan is heading to Hawaii for a family vacation.
Wow, remember when your family could afford to fly off for a holiday? It was probably some time around the turn of the century ... 2000. Maybe 'Modern Family' is in a time warp because they're all checking into the Four Seasons Maui. It'll be the May 12 season finale, so tune in if you want to live vicariously.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Report: Gwen Stefani Replacing Christina Aguilera on The Voice Next Season
- Shane West Previews Scary Salem's 'Sense of Urgency and Dread,' Talks Taming His Wig
- Exclusive Mentalist Sneak Peek: Pike Has Big News for Lisbon — and It's Not Good
- Pilot News: Ian Gomez Books CBS Comedy Pilot Cuz-Bros – Is This Bad Omen for Cougar Town?
- ABC Family Orders Supernatural Procedural Drama Pilot Stitchers
- More From TVLine
- John C. Reilly Takes You Behind The Scenes Of Disney's 'Bears'
- 'Hawaii Five-0' Star Alex O'Loughlin is Married!
- 'Jesus Christ Superstar' Creators Talk Show's Creation & Controversy
- 'Good Morning America' Promotes Lara Spencer to Co-Host
- Exclusive: Lionel Richie Recalls His Amazing Chance Meeting with Marvin Gaye
- More From ET