July 3, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted Apr 28th 2010 10:07AM
There's so much to like about ABC's award-winning new sitcom 'Modern Family' that it seems almost curmudgeon-like to complain. Nevertheless, you have to wonder where in the world 'Modern Family' is located. No, not the place; it's clearly Southern California. No, it's the economy. 'Modern Family' resides in an economy unaffected by the recession. Everybody is doing well. Nobody's worried about paying the mortgage, or – God forbid – facing foreclosure. Things are going so well in 'Modern Family' world that the entire clan is heading to Hawaii for a family vacation.
Wow, remember when your family could afford to fly off for a holiday? It was probably some time around the turn of the century ... 2000. Maybe 'Modern Family' is in a time warp because they're all checking into the Four Seasons Maui. It'll be the May 12 season finale, so tune in if you want to live vicariously.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Miss USA Contestants Speak Out on Staying in the Pageant: 'We Were Not Going to Let Our States Down'
- Scott Eastwood Shows Off His Ripped Abs at Beach Shoot – See the Hot Pics!
- Hilary Swank Has Put Her Career on Hold to Care for Her Ailing Father
- Diddy Avoids Felony Charges for Alleged UCLA Fight
- Meghan Trainor Reveals Vocal Cord Injury, Postpones Shows
- More From ET