medium, friday night lights
MONDAY, OCT. 26
'Cake Boss' (10PM, TLC) season 2 premiere
Jersey City baker Buddy Valastro was such a hit with viewers last summer that TLC brought him back right away for more wedding cake-bakin' fun -- tonight, in back-to-back new episodes. First up, when Buddy finds out that one of his customers wants to propose to his girlfriend in the bakery, Buddy bakes a cake shaped like a ring box. And in the second ep, the pastry maestro whips up a frosted gem for Dylan's Candy Bar in New York.
'So You Think You Can Dance' – The top 20 dancers are revealed (8PM, Fox)
'Gossip Girl' – Chuck asks for Serena's PR, um, expertise for his club opening (9PM, The CW)
'Real Chance of Love' – The guys pick their ladies from among the final five (9PM, VH1) season 2 finale
'Unwrapped' – In honor of trick-or-treating, this 'Unwrapped' is all about candies (9PM, Food Network)
'Castle' – A creepy murder leads Castle and Beckett to vampire fetishists (10PM, ABC)
There's still no word on Law & Order's bid for a 20th season, nor did they clarify the fate of Chuck, though insiders feel confident both will be back. Back on the bubble is Medium, which was leaked as renewed last night, along with My Name Is Earl. Their fates are a bit more murky, especially Earl considering NBC is giving Saturday Night Live's "Weekend Update" a prime-time berth, apparently launching NBC's Thursday night.
This is Spoilers Anonymous, a weekly column here at TV Squad where we'll supply you with the dirt on some of the more popular shows on the air. We'll never put spoilers up here on the main page in order to help the reformed stay unspoiled. If you have anything to add to the group, feel free to step up and let yourself be heard, either with our tips form or by emailing us at tvsquad at gmail dot com or call and leave a message at 917-421-9477 (NY) - your anonymity is guaranteed, if you wish to remain as such.
This week we have: Brothers & Sisters, ER, Friday Night Lights, Gossip Girl, Grey's Anatomy, House, Lost, Medium, One Tree Hill, Scrubs, Smallville and Supernatural. (SPOILERS FOLLOW!)
Give the writers credit for some nice planning with Pete (Arye Gross). Cael found the emails from him early on and I had wondered if and when they were going to deal with that. Wayne's plan to just play dumb seemed a little crazy, but what other option did they really have? It did make for quite the crazy scene for the "Mont Pierres."
- At 8, ABC has a new episode of The Great American Dream Vote, then new episodes of According To Jim, In Case of Emergency, and Lost.
- CBS has a new Jericho at 8.
- FOX has a new Bones and then a new American Idol.
- There's a new Friday Night Lights on NBC at 8, then new episodes of Crossing Jordan and Medium.
- The CW has a new America's Next Top Model at 8.
- PBS has a new Journey To Planet Earth at 8.
- Also at 8: TCM has a Boston Blackie movie marathon.
- At 9, HGTV has a new Design on a Dime.
- At 10, History Channel has a new Modern Marvels.
- Bravo has a new Top Design at 10.
- Also at 10: Comedy Central has a new South Park, followed by a new Halfway Home.
Check your local TV listings for more.
For those are you who worry a lot and get all nervous, you might want to skip this story.
Variety has a list of the TV shows that are "on the bubble," the ones that are teetering on the edge of cancellation and might not make it to fall '07. The list includes a few shows that I thought were actually doing well, and that scares me a bit (and ticks me off).
ABC: The Nine and Knights of Prosperity are probably gone, and What About Brian is on the edge too, despite getting a second life a few months ago.
In addition to all that, Medium and Identity will also begin streaming full episodes in March. That brings NBC's total of full episode streaming series to 13 when added to The Apprentice, Heroes, 30 Rock, Las Vegas, Friday Night Lights, Passions, Studio 60, and My Name Is Earl. The network also plans to make the full seasons of Heroes and Friday Night Lights available, starting with the pilots, beginning in the spring.
In: Deal Or No Deal, Medium, Law and Order: SVU, The Biggest Loser, Law and Order, My Name Is Earl, The Office, Las Vegas, Law and Order: CI, Dateline, Scrubs, Crossing Jordan, The Apprentice
Out: Surface, Joey, E-Ring, West Wing, Will and Grace, Four Kings, Teachers, Heist, Celebrity Cooking Showdown, Conviction
New: Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Heroes, Friday Night Lights, Kidnapped, 20 Good Years, 30 Rock, The Black Donnellys, Football Night In America, Sunday Night Football, America's Got Talent, Raines, The Singles Table, Andy Barker, P.I.
Interesting lineup too, as Studio 60 goes into the Thursday at 9 slot (after Earl and The Office) and ER stays at 10 (til January, when The Black Donnellys take over for a while).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Glee' Quotes from 'The Hurt Locker, Part 2'
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.14 Photos: A Case Causes Tony to Flashback to His Days in Military School
- 'Grey's Anatomy': The 15 Most Bizarre Medical Cases
- 'Reign' Episode 2.13 Photos: Will Mary and Francis Reunite at the Winter's Ease Feast?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- Performer of the Week: Kerry Washington
- TVLine Mixtape, Parenthood Edition: Your Fave Songs From All 6 Seasons
- Ratings: Shark Tank Slips, Dixie Drops, CBS and NBC Dramas Tick Down
- Pilots: CBS Adds David Shore/Bryan Cranston Drama, James Patterson Riff
- Pilots: ABC Orders Comedies About Johnny Knoxville, NBA Odd Couple, Genius Kids, Plus 4 Others
- More From TVLine
- These 15 Seconds of Neil Patrick Harris Will Make You Excited for His Variety Show
- Val Kilmer Undergoes Medical Tests, Refutes Rumors of Throat Tumor
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Bathtub Incident Is ‘No Coincidence,' Source Says
- Jay Z Is Buying Aspiro for How Much?
- Report: Whitney Houston's Daughter Found Unresponsive In Bathtub
- More From ET