I think this might be the reason white people tend to freak out non-white people so much. Actually, who am I kidding? Watching that clip freaked me the heck out, too. It's from an old variety show called The Hollywood Palace which aired in the late sixties. That's before my time, anyone out there remember it? Anyway, it's a medley of Beatles songs, but sung by the likes of Bing Crosby, Engelbert Humperdinck, Gwen Verdon, Bobbie Gentry, and Dick Shawn. Actually, they're not so much "sung" as they are "badly lip-synced" but that's par for the course with variety shows. I'm pretty sure if you watch Crosby's mouth he's not singing the words at all, he's actually saying, "For the love of god, just shoot me now." Now I want to go rent one of the road movies he did with Bob Hope so I can erase this embarrassing image from my brain.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Fall TV: Heroes vs. Big Bang vs. Greys, and Thursday's Other DVR Dilemmas
- Wet Hot American Summer: See the Star-Packed (NSFW) Trailer & Poster
- Sesame Street Vet 'Maria' to Exit
- Donald Trump's Miss USA Pageant to Air on 'Independent'-Minded Reelz
- Extant Season 2 Premiere Recap: Revolving Spores
- More From TVLine
- They Don't Age! Bradley Cooper and Co-Stars Have Never Looked Younger in New 'Wet Hot American Summer' Trailer
- Robin Thicke Says He's Embarrassed By Attempts to Get Paula Patton Back
- Amy Winehouse Documentary Is Both Heartbreaking and Hilarious
- Emma Roberts' 'Top Secret Project' Revealed!
- Donald Trump's Miss USA Pageant Will Air on REELZ
- More From ET