I think this might be the reason white people tend to freak out non-white people so much. Actually, who am I kidding? Watching that clip freaked me the heck out, too. It's from an old variety show called The Hollywood Palace which aired in the late sixties. That's before my time, anyone out there remember it? Anyway, it's a medley of Beatles songs, but sung by the likes of Bing Crosby, Engelbert Humperdinck, Gwen Verdon, Bobbie Gentry, and Dick Shawn. Actually, they're not so much "sung" as they are "badly lip-synced" but that's par for the course with variety shows. I'm pretty sure if you watch Crosby's mouth he's not singing the words at all, he's actually saying, "For the love of god, just shoot me now." Now I want to go rent one of the road movies he did with Bob Hope so I can erase this embarrassing image from my brain.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 16' Final 3 Photo Booth Gallery
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Episode 7.3 Photos: SAMCRO Goes After an Important Alliance
- Meet the Cast of 'American Horror Story: Freak Show'
- 'Gotham' Roundup: Donal Logue Teases Joker's Intro, Ben McKenzie Talks Villains and More
- 5 Things to Know About 'Forever': A Creepy Nemesis, a Dominatrix and More
- More From BuddyTV
- Reign DVD Video: Adelaide Kane Examines Mary's Journey to the Throne
- Friends Pilot Revisited 20 Years Later: The Hair! The Clothes! The Mistake?
- NBC's Peter Pan Live! Casts Broadway Actress Taylor Louderman as Wendy
- NCIS' Sean Murray Previews 'Classic' Season 12, McGee/Gibbs Bonding
- The Mysteries of Laura Sneak Peek: 'Captain Booty' Lays Down the Law
- More From TVLine
- 10 Reasons We're Still Pissed About 'Lost' 10 Years Later
- Alfonso Ribeiro Addresses His 'DWTS' Edge
- Ariana Grande Slams 'Diva' Rumors
- Kris Jenner Officially Files for Divorce From Bruce After 23 Years of Marriage
- 6 Things You Didn't Know About 'Big Bang Theory' Before the Season 8 Premiere!
- More From ET