I think this might be the reason white people tend to freak out non-white people so much. Actually, who am I kidding? Watching that clip freaked me the heck out, too. It's from an old variety show called The Hollywood Palace which aired in the late sixties. That's before my time, anyone out there remember it? Anyway, it's a medley of Beatles songs, but sung by the likes of Bing Crosby, Engelbert Humperdinck, Gwen Verdon, Bobbie Gentry, and Dick Shawn. Actually, they're not so much "sung" as they are "badly lip-synced" but that's par for the course with variety shows. I'm pretty sure if you watch Crosby's mouth he's not singing the words at all, he's actually saying, "For the love of god, just shoot me now." Now I want to go rent one of the road movies he did with Bob Hope so I can erase this embarrassing image from my brain.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Top 10 Performance Rankings
- 'The Voice' Predictions: Who Will Be in the Top 8?
- Netflix Orders 'Full House' Spinoff
- 'Castle' Recap: Castle Learns the Truth About His Disappearance
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 4.20 Photos: Emma and Regina Track Down Maleficent's Daughter
- More From BuddyTV
- Forever: 12 Things to Know About the Episode That Reveals Abigail's Fate
- Finding Carter Sneak Peek: Is There Still Hope for a Max-Taylor Reunion?
- Jon Stewart's Daily Show Exit Date Set
- Fuller House Officially Snags 13-Episode Order at Netflix — Get Details on the Cast and (Widow?!) Storyline
- Inside Amy Schumer Already Renewed for Season 4 at Comedy Central
- More From TVLine
- Courteney Cox Says Her 10-Year-Old Daughter Coco Is Planning Her Wedding
- Derek Hough Injured, Spends 'Long Night' In ER! Will He Return to ‘DWTS'?
- Sarah Bolger Supports Natalie Dormer's Call for More ‘Game of Thrones' Male Nudity
- Kim Richards Takes Responsibility for Arrest: 'The Whole Night Is My Fault'
- Miley Cyrus and Patrick Schwarzenegger Call It Quits?
- More From ET