- You may think that basing a movie on a parenting handbook called, Eat, Sleep, Poop is a bad idea, but Mean Girls was based on Queen Bees and Wannabees, which was basically a parenting handbook for older kids. And Mean Girls is awesome.
- We're in the middle of awards season now, and some critics think that Paul Rudd was overlooked for his contribution to the film, I Love You Man. Who do you think should have been on stage accepting an award?
- There is a large contingent of the moviegoing population who watched the new Sherlock Holmes and wished that Holmes and Watson took their relationship to the next level. They kind of get their wish in Billy Wilder's The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes.
- As a huge Veronica Mars and Kristen Bell fan, I want to believe that When In Rome is a good movie. However, the evidence suggests otherwise. You can read Cinematical's review of When In Rome, here.
- Is Edge of Darkness going to be Mel Gibson's comeback film? Read what Cinematical thinks about it here.
Gibson unveiled his portrayal of the ABC late night host in a new film coming soon to a theater near you. I'm hoping that Gary Sinise will be cast as Kimmel's wide eyebrowed sidekick, Adam Carolla.
While wearing a fat suit and a dark wig, Gibson portrayed a pants-less Kimmel who barked orders at his staff and even demanded to harpoon an endangered whale on his show.
Watch the video after the jump.
"I bumped into a drunken bachelorette party ... I was just walking back to my hotel ... and they grabbed me on the street," Gibson said, noting how they exclaimed their surprise with profanity in typical Boston fashion. "Demure young ladies, but mouths like sailors."
Watch the video after the jump.
According to Gibson, he first realized that fame had changed his life forever when he was a young actor in his 20s and a group of fans refused to stop following him. "I said, 'Hey, stop following me around.' And they went, 'No,'" Gibson said. "And I knew that I'd lost something. I knew that I had lost personal anonymity."
Watch the video after the jump.
He definitely pushed a few barriers on the Golden Globes last night, taking potshots at Paul McCartney's marital troubles, Kiefer Sutherland's anger management issues, and Angelina Jolie's penchant for adopting children from Third World countries (too much, given the dire crisis in Haiti?)
Even Mel Gibson's alcohol troubles came up. Gervais appeared on stage drinking a beer as he introduced his next presenter. "Don't get me wrong," he said. "I like a drink as much as the next man, unless the next man is ... Mel Gibson."
Overall, Gervais' hosting skills fell a little flat for me. Next year, I suggest that the Hollywood Foreign Press Association consider Robert Downey Jr. as host of the Golden Globes. His Best Actor speech for Sherlock Holmes was inspired, funny and charming.
How do you think Ricky Gervais did as host?
What's Hot on Inside Movies: 'Star Trek' Sequel, Mel Gibson Provokes Protest, Robert Downey Jr. a New Sex Symbol
This year we said goodbye to one of the greatest names in musical history, Michael Jackson, but we'll never forget the impact he made on the world. The National Film Registry is making sure of this as they selected 'Thriller' as the first music video ever to be preserved.
What's Hot on Inside Movies: 'Ghostbusters 3' Spoilers, 'New Moon' Piracy Charges Dropped, DiCaprio to Play Viking Warrior
Sigourney Weaver confirms that 'Ghostbusters 3' is happening and reveals some juicy plot points. Major spoiler alert -- read the posting only if you want to know the details!
Charges have been dropped against the 22-year old 'Twilight' fan arrested in Ohio last week for videotaping snippets of 'New Moon' during her sister's movie theater birthday party.
Tonight's correspondent was The Hangover's Rachael Harris, who came on to show us the lost art of bartering in this tough economic times. Like most of the other correspondent segments, it had some funny moments, but it just seemed to go on forever.
Britney Spears went there, and so did Lindsay Lohan. Mel Gibson did too, and I even think that Isaiah Washington went there to cure himself of homophobia, or whatever the reason was. Yup, it's celebrity rehab, and there's another person who has joined the club: Desperate Housewives star Jesse Metcalfe (though he's not on it that much this year).
Metcalfe's publicist has announced that he entered a rehab on March 19 to "deal with alcohol issues" and he "hopes that the media will allow him the privacy to deal properly with his treatment."
I'd like to take this opportunity to announce that I too will be going into rehab. I've been addicted to television and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for far too long and it's time I did something about it.
This week Ray Liotta was arrested for drinking and driving. With so many stars getting taken in for DWI's it makes you think that maybe Hollywood is suffering from a severe alcohol problem. But upon closer look, it's clear that folks like Ray Liotta, Nicole Richie and Mel Gibson enjoy paraphrasing the popular bumper sticker... They get drunk, they drive, their expensive lawyers and publicists get them off the hook and do damage control...no problem!
Stash Wax has links to both its NSFW parody and the SNL one. Stash Wax recut Gibson's trailer for Braveheart back in July when he was arrested for drunk driving. They dubbed over the voices to make it look like a war movie against the Jews. The SNL parody of Gibson was a recut of the Apocalypto trailer to make it look like an extermination of the Jews. I have to admit that I laughed harder at the Apocalypto one. Is it a rip-off? I'm not convinced. I think the Apocalypto trailer was an obvious target for comedians at the time.
Watch the two spoofs and sound off in comments.
[Via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Modern Family Sneak Peek: Did Haley Accidentally Crash Alex's College Tour?
- ABC's black-ish Casts Jenifer Lewis as Anthony Anderson's Mother
- TVLine Items: iZombie Taps Veronica Mars Star, Pretty Little Special & More
- Showtime's Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Pilot Adds MADtv Vet, Broadway Actors
- Agent Carter Adds Captain America's Dominic Cooper, as Howard Stark
- More From TVLine
- Britney Spears Wants 2 More Kids, 1 Husband, 3 Planes, 4 Houses
- Ciara Becomes Latest Victim of Notorious Red Carpet Prankster
- 9 Actors With Their Own Bands
- A 3-Year-Old Boy Born Without Fingers Got an Awesome 'Iron Man' Hand
- 'Manhattan Love Story' Review: Charming and Quirky But We're Not in Love… Yet
- More From ET