When pressed by the Wall Street Journal for a reason why they decided to end the project, which was based on the diaries of a Jewish woman from the Netherlands who was sheltered from the Nazis by her non-Jewish boyfriend, a network rep told the paper that they're dumping the project because they haven't yet received a script after two years of development. But the timing is interesting, isn't it?
And I'm not talking about those PSA's he filmed for the L.A.P.D. that are now popping up after his arrest for drunk driving over the weekend, nor am I talking about Lethal Weapon. I'm talking about a couple of episodes of the short-lived ABC sitcom Complete Savages a few years ago. Gibson appeared as an L.A.P.D. officer in funny fake PSAs for the department, talking about motorcycle safety, wearing the right equipment, etc. Gibson produced the sitcom too.
Anyone have those spots on tape or DVD and can upload them to YouTube?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Recap: Devotion and Desperation Lead to Big Moves and Confrontations
- 'The Messengers' Recap: Dealing with Pestilence
- 'Wayward Pines' Interview: M. Night Shyamalan on Shocking Death and Darker Turn
- 'Bachelorette' Star Kaitlyn Bristowe on Pre-Fantasy Suite Sex: 'I Don't Know Why Everyone is So Shocked'
- 'The Bachelor' Season 11 Week 2 Photos: Punchlines and Punches
- More From BuddyTV
- Quotes of the Week From The Flash, Late Show, Game of Thrones and More
- Sharon Osbourne on Hiatus from CBS' The Talk Due to 'Extreme Exhaustion'
- Orphan Black Boss Talks [Spoiler]'s Sacrifice, Angry Felix, Twerking Alison
- Saturday Night Live: Watch Season 40's 15 Best Sketches Now!
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Grant Gustin
- More From TVLine
- Star Sightings May 2015
- Happy Anniversary, Kimye! Take a Look Back at Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's First Year of Marriage
- Kim Kardashian & Kris Humphries' Failed Wedding Birthed A New California Law
- Celebs React to Ireland's Historic Same-Sex Marriage Vote
- Sharon Osbourne to Take Month Leave From 'The Talk' After Collapse
- More From ET