When pressed by the Wall Street Journal for a reason why they decided to end the project, which was based on the diaries of a Jewish woman from the Netherlands who was sheltered from the Nazis by her non-Jewish boyfriend, a network rep told the paper that they're dumping the project because they haven't yet received a script after two years of development. But the timing is interesting, isn't it?
And I'm not talking about those PSA's he filmed for the L.A.P.D. that are now popping up after his arrest for drunk driving over the weekend, nor am I talking about Lethal Weapon. I'm talking about a couple of episodes of the short-lived ABC sitcom Complete Savages a few years ago. Gibson appeared as an L.A.P.D. officer in funny fake PSAs for the department, talking about motorcycle safety, wearing the right equipment, etc. Gibson produced the sitcom too.
Anyone have those spots on tape or DVD and can upload them to YouTube?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Hawaii Five-0 Casts Sarah Carter as Steve's GF — What About Catherine?
- Empire Season 2 Premiere First Look: Courtroom Cookie, Chessboard Lucious and Special Guest... Don Lemon?
- Vice President Joe Biden to Appear on Stephen Colbert's Late Show
- TVLine Items: Madam Secretary Gets a Bro, DWTS Pro Injured and More
- Ratings: Whispers Ends With 4-Week High, SYTYCD Ties Series Low
- More From TVLine
- Kylie Jenner Launches Anti-Bullying Campaign on Instagram, But Can't Stop With the Racy Selfies
- Jill Dillard and Jessa Seewald Open Up About 'Difficult Days' for the Duggar Family
- Snooki on Jionni's Ashley Madison Scandal: 'I'm Lucky If He Knows How to Even Use a Computer'
- 'James Bond' Author Says Idris Elba Is 'Too Street' to Play 007 (But We Disagree)
- See Eddie Redmayne as a Transgender Woman in Trailer for 'The Danish Girl'
- More From ET