When pressed by the Wall Street Journal for a reason why they decided to end the project, which was based on the diaries of a Jewish woman from the Netherlands who was sheltered from the Nazis by her non-Jewish boyfriend, a network rep told the paper that they're dumping the project because they haven't yet received a script after two years of development. But the timing is interesting, isn't it?
And I'm not talking about those PSA's he filmed for the L.A.P.D. that are now popping up after his arrest for drunk driving over the weekend, nor am I talking about Lethal Weapon. I'm talking about a couple of episodes of the short-lived ABC sitcom Complete Savages a few years ago. Gibson appeared as an L.A.P.D. officer in funny fake PSAs for the department, talking about motorcycle safety, wearing the right equipment, etc. Gibson produced the sitcom too.
Anyone have those spots on tape or DVD and can upload them to YouTube?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Madam Secretary's Téa Leoni, EPs Talk Elizabeth's First Scandal, Henry's Spy Game, Staff Bonding and More
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs from Grey's, Mindy, Parks and More
- Ratings: Five-0 Slips to Low, Last Man Rises, Cristela Ticks Up, Dixie Flat
- Performer of the Week: Lady Gaga
- Glee Recap: Party Poopers
- More From TVLine
- Kanye West Honors His Late Mother & North -- See the Tattoos!
- Kate Mara Doesn't Want You to Eat Meat On Mondays and Here's Why
- William Shatner Feels Awful for Having to Miss Leonard Nimoy's Funeral
- Did Ryan Gosling Get His Daughter's Name Tattooed on His Knuckles?!
- Alicia Keys Shows Off 2-Month-Old Baby in Most Adorable Family Pic!
- More From ET