July 29, 2015
by Julia Ward, posted Dec 8th 2006 5:21PM
Since moving to Los Angeles a couple of months ago, I find myself asking people over and over again, "Celebrities have people to do this for them, right?" I first thought that upon my visit to the Los Angeles DMV. I stood around in the painful, crushing humanity of it all wondering whether or not Brad Pitt could hire someone to renew his motorcycle license for him. Isn't the whole point of fame and wealth in America not to have dally with the hoi polloi? Assistants are supposed to do everything menial for you so you can stay home and count your money or fly overseas and save an African nation with your tax return.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 12: Top 18 Performance Rankings
- The Final Rose: Kaitlyn and Shawn's Fairytale Journey on 'The Bachelorette'
- Best 'Pretty Little Liars' Quotes from 'FrAmed'
- 'MasterChef' Interview: Prowling the Kitchen with Stephen Lee
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 11 Finale Photos: Kaitlyn Says Yes!
- More From BuddyTV
- John Legend Replaces Kanye West as Underground's Music Supervisor
- Trevor Noah on His 'Slightly Different' Daily Show and the 'Immense Pressure' to Make Jon Stewart Proud
- Unauthorized Full House Story: First Clip Pits 'Stamos' Against the Twins
- Jason Sudeikis Fronts Semi-Animated Fox Pilot From Lego Movie Duo
- Scream Renewed for Season 2
- More From TVLine
- Michael Strahan Accidentally Gave Away a Free Vacation and Was So Embarrassed By It
- EXCLUSIVE! Disney's 'Descendants': Behind-the-Scenes With Dove Cameron & the Wicked Cast
- Miranda Lambert Is Makeup-Free and Quoting Beyonce in Post-Divorce Pic
- Lori Loughlin Celebrates Her 51st Birthday on the 'Fuller House' Set
- Earl the Grumpy Puppy Makes Grumpy Cat Look Like An Optimistic Ball of Sunshine
- More From ET