September 17, 2014
by Julia Ward, posted Dec 8th 2006 5:21PM
Since moving to Los Angeles a couple of months ago, I find myself asking people over and over again, "Celebrities have people to do this for them, right?" I first thought that upon my visit to the Los Angeles DMV. I stood around in the painful, crushing humanity of it all wondering whether or not Brad Pitt could hire someone to renew his motorcycle license for him. Isn't the whole point of fame and wealth in America not to have dally with the hoi polloi? Assistants are supposed to do everything menial for you so you can stay home and count your money or fly overseas and save an African nation with your tax return.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Recap: Jax's Secret Campaign to Take Down Lin Begins
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won the Final Power of Veto?
- 'America's Got Talent' Recap: The Final Performances of Season 9
- 'Dance Moms' Recap: Cathy's Insults Send Abby Over the Edge
- More From BuddyTV
- Sons of Anarchy Recap: All Guns, No Roses
- Finding Carter EP Explains Season Finale Twists, Defends Max's Decision
- The Originals' Nathan Parsons to Lead Amazon Pilot From Lost Boss
- Mindy Project Premiere Recap: Diamond Dan Dances Again
- New Girl Season 4 Premiere Recap: Say Yes to the Jess
- More From TVLine
- Meredith Vieira Opens Up About Why She Stayed in an Abusive Relationship
- Matt Damon Headed Back To Play Jason Bourne Yet Again
- Nick Jonas Turns 22, Becomes a Model & Drops New Video
- Taylor Swift Proves She is the Ultimate Cat Lady
- Robin Thicke Admits to Drug Abuse, Says Paula Patton Left Because He Told Her 'The Truth'
- More From ET