March 6, 2015
by Julia Ward, posted Dec 8th 2006 5:21PM
Since moving to Los Angeles a couple of months ago, I find myself asking people over and over again, "Celebrities have people to do this for them, right?" I first thought that upon my visit to the Los Angeles DMV. I stood around in the painful, crushing humanity of it all wondering whether or not Brad Pitt could hire someone to renew his motorcycle license for him. Isn't the whole point of fame and wealth in America not to have dally with the hoi polloi? Assistants are supposed to do everything menial for you so you can stay home and count your money or fly overseas and save an African nation with your tax return.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 8 Girls Performance Rankings
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'The Lawn Chair'
- 'The Amazing Race' Leg 3 Prediction: Which Team Will Go Home?
- Kim Kardashian: 'I Have the Hairiest Forehead'
- [Video] 'Real Housewives of Orange County' Star Tamra Judge Leaks 'Sex Tape' with Husband
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Scandal, Elementary and Blacklist Slip; Grey's, Odd Couple and Bang Rise; American Crime Tops Hour
- Glee's New Recruit Talks Romancing Spencer, Singing Darren Criss''Rise'
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: Is Netflix Comedy as Resilient as Its Heroine?
- Scandal Recap: Olivia Defuses a Bad Situation, Fitz Seeks a New VP
- American Crime: Does ABC's Morally Gray Drama Hit Too Close to Home?
- More From TVLine
- Kelly Clarkson Denies Calling Miley Cyrus a 'Pitchy Stripper,' Admits to Dating Justin Guarini
- EXCLUSIVE: Julie Chen Gets Emotional Reading Her Grandfather's Obit on 'Who Do You Think You Are?'
- Kim Kardashian Says She Has Sex with Kanye West '500 Times a Day'
- John Mayer Says He's a 'Recovered Ego Addict'
- EXCLUSIVE: Ellen DeGeneres to Present Kerry Washington with GLAAD Award
- More From ET