October 21, 2014
by Julia Ward, posted Dec 8th 2006 5:21PM
Since moving to Los Angeles a couple of months ago, I find myself asking people over and over again, "Celebrities have people to do this for them, right?" I first thought that upon my visit to the Los Angeles DMV. I stood around in the painful, crushing humanity of it all wondering whether or not Brad Pitt could hire someone to renew his motorcycle license for him. Isn't the whole point of fame and wealth in America not to have dally with the hoi polloi? Assistants are supposed to do everything menial for you so you can stay home and count your money or fly overseas and save an African nation with your tax return.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Originals': The 16 Most Memorable Moments from 'Every Mother's Son'
- 'Castle': 23 Times Kids Stole the Show in 'Child's Play'
- 'Sleepy Hollow': 16 Moments of Ichabod's Love Life and Hawley's Help from 'The Weeping Lady'
- 'Scandal' Casts 'BSG' Star as Abby's Ex-Husband
- 'Forever' Interview: EP on 'Big Game-Changing Moments,' Seeing the Anonymous Caller and More
- More From BuddyTV
- Scandal Casts Battlestar Vet as [Spoiler]'s Abusive Ex-Husband
- Trailer: New Series Finds Eugene Levy, Catherine O'Hara Up Schitt's Creek
- Death Comes to Pemberley Sneak Peek: A Murderous Twist on Jane Austen
- The Flash Stars Talk Caitlin-Ronnie Flashbacks, Tease Firestorm's Arrival
- Castle Recap: Schoolhouse, Rocked
- More From TVLine
- Renee Zellweger Is Now Completely Unrecognizable
- Matthew McConaughey Defends His Romantic Comedies
- A Glowing Kate Middleton Steps Out for the First Time Since Announcing Second Pregnancy
- Jennifer Garner and Rachel Zoe Team Up for Breast Cancer Fundraiser
- Derick and Jill Duggar Dillard Reveal the Sex of Their Baby
- More From ET