In the meantime, they are using NBC's money to create video shorts spoofing 'Til Death, Mentos, 24, etc. The article includes an interview with show creator (and Scrubs creator) Bill Lawrence, who says the new Nobody's Watching website is about what the Derrick and Will characters have been doing for the last year-and-a-half since WB decided not to air their show. He says, "They can't go home out of embarrassment: They told everyone they were going to be on tv and they weren't." Lawrence says, if NBC does pick up the show, the last webisode on Nobody's Watching's website will reveal who posted the pilot to YouTube.
The stars from Nobody's Watching, the pilot, turned YouTube posting, turned NBC show, are back. This time around they spoof one of the staples of the ever-growing video posting site.
If you were ever a visitor to YouTube you have probably seen one of the seven thousand videos that show what happens when you add Mentos to a bottle of Diet Coke. Not to spoil the surprise, but you get a Diet Coke fountain (don't ask me the science behind it. I did poorly in Chemistry; hence the reason I'm a writer.). Well, Taran Killam and Paul Campbell, the stars of Nobody's Watching, have taken it a few steps further and experimented with other combinations of food added to beverages. For instance, mixing Sweettarts with Sprite produces a baby chicken. Go figure. And, when they mix something like a Mike & Ike (the actual name of the candy escapes me) with a carton of milk they get transported to a leather bar. Wow, I probably don't want to try that experiment!
The best combination they work with is the first one where they add a candy corn to a one-liter bottle of root beer. I don't want to ruin the results because they are a bit surprising. You can watch all of the experiments after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Ratings: Battle Creek Flat With Series Finale, NASCAR Dominates Night
- American Horror Story: Hotel's Latest Guest: New Girl's Max Greenfield
- Once's Merlin, Empire's Own Iggy, Arrow's Darhk Foe and 26 More Homes for Stars of Cancelled Shows
- GoT Recap: Royally Screwed
- Anne Meara, Actress/Comedian and Half of Stiller & Meara, Dead at 85
- More From TVLine
- Michael B. Jordan on Racist Reactions to 'Fantastic Four' Casting: 'This Is the World We Live In'
- Kylie Jenner Struggles with Opening Up to Family: 'I Go Through These Times Where I Hate My Life'
- 'Newsroom' Star Alison Pill Marries Joshua Leonard -- See the Pretty Pics!
- Star Sightings May 2015
- Jessa Duggar's Father-In-Law Encourages Josh Duggar: 'Hang In There'
- More From ET