In the meantime, they are using NBC's money to create video shorts spoofing 'Til Death, Mentos, 24, etc. The article includes an interview with show creator (and Scrubs creator) Bill Lawrence, who says the new Nobody's Watching website is about what the Derrick and Will characters have been doing for the last year-and-a-half since WB decided not to air their show. He says, "They can't go home out of embarrassment: They told everyone they were going to be on tv and they weren't." Lawrence says, if NBC does pick up the show, the last webisode on Nobody's Watching's website will reveal who posted the pilot to YouTube.
The stars from Nobody's Watching, the pilot, turned YouTube posting, turned NBC show, are back. This time around they spoof one of the staples of the ever-growing video posting site.
If you were ever a visitor to YouTube you have probably seen one of the seven thousand videos that show what happens when you add Mentos to a bottle of Diet Coke. Not to spoil the surprise, but you get a Diet Coke fountain (don't ask me the science behind it. I did poorly in Chemistry; hence the reason I'm a writer.). Well, Taran Killam and Paul Campbell, the stars of Nobody's Watching, have taken it a few steps further and experimented with other combinations of food added to beverages. For instance, mixing Sweettarts with Sprite produces a baby chicken. Go figure. And, when they mix something like a Mike & Ike (the actual name of the candy escapes me) with a carton of milk they get transported to a leather bar. Wow, I probably don't want to try that experiment!
The best combination they work with is the first one where they add a candy corn to a one-liter bottle of root beer. I don't want to ruin the results because they are a bit surprising. You can watch all of the experiments after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 12: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 22 Episode 5 Photos: No Filter
- 'Big Brother 17': Why Is No One Targeting Austin and the Twins?
- 'RHOBH' Star Kim Richards Avoids Jail Time for Beverly Hills Hotel Assault Case
- 'The Whispers' Season 1 Finale Recap: Is Drill Stopped Once and for All?
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Whispers Ends With 4-Week High, SYTYCD Ties Series Low
- Grey's, Scandal and HTGAWM Casts Wine and Shine in New TGIT Promo
- Penny Dreadful Season 3: Patti LuPone Returns (But There's a Huge Twist)
- Scandal's Huck and Quinn Torture The Muppets' Gonzo — And He Likes It
- The Voice's Season 9 Coaches Want Bette Midler to Do What?!
- More From TVLine
- J.K. Rowling Wishes Harry Potter's Son, James Sirius, Good Luck on His First Day at Hogwarts
- Lena Dunham Calls Out Justin Bieber's 'What Do You Mean?' Lyrics
- Donald Trump to Sit Down With Jimmy Fallon on Sept. 11 Episode of 'The Tonight Show'
- Julianne Hough and Her Fiance Couldn't Look Happier at Their First Red Carpet Since Getting Engaged
- Mila Kunis Compares Ashton Kutcher to 'Bachelor in Paradise' Star Jared Haibon
- More From ET