Ah, product placement. It's a subject that's come up before. We have an award for it, and even as far back as those care free days of 2005, Karina was writing about the Screen Actors Guild and Writers Guild Of America protesting it. The telling quote from that piece, "Our writers are being told to perform the function of ad copywriter, but to disguise this as storytelling." And isn't that where most of us have always drawn the line in the sand? The placing of products into sets was kind of an understood cost of doing business, but having the writers change scripts to incorporate them was a whole other ball of (Turtle) wax. Unfortunately, those (Foster Farms) chickens have come home to roost.
(S03E03) "Deboned. Killed and re-killed. How does that work?" -- Gus, while filling out stunt forms.
Hi all. Before I begin I want to give a tip of the hat to Allison who covered last week's review of Psych while I was waiting in line over at Comic-Con. There were some moments, as I was contemplating gnawing on a a $7 hot dog, that I wished I was home watching this show.
I want to start this week's review not at the beginning, but at the reveal. Don't worry, I'm not going to let you know who the culprit was before the jump -- that would be a criminal offense. What I want to talk about was how Shawn went about it this time around. Usually, young Mr. Spencer is quite boastful during the reveals, sometimes to the point that he rubs in the fact that he solved the mystery. This time around there wasn't much boasting. In fact, Shawn took a very dramatic route when he revalued who was trying to kill Dutch the Clutch. Hey, when James Roday said there was going to be 20% more drama on the show he wasn't kidding.
Want to know why he was so dramatic, then read on. If you don't want to know yet, then wait until you watch the show to jump ahead.
(S03E07) Well now, guess who's back? This was an episode that many Supernatural fans had been waiting a good ten months for. Technically, Gordon Walker returned a few weeks ago in "Bad Day At Black Rock". But that was just a little taste, a hint at what was to come. This was the payoff, and it was well worth the wait. On the off chance that Gordon's obsessed return wasn't enough, they also brought along Buffy vet Mercedes McNab, and the boys made a little more progress in their ongoing, car based, relationship therapy.
Of course, Mercedes isn't the first Buffy alum to work for Playboy. Charisma Carpenter appeared in the June 2004 issue. It's a trend I would like to encourage. Maybe we can look forward to Clare Kramer in the May 2008 issue? Anyway, if you would like to see what all the hubbub is about, you will find the pictures right here. I have to stress that there is nudity, and they are not safe for work. Unless you work at a place that doesn't mind you surfing for pictures of boobs. If you do, that's a nice gig.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Grimm': 17 Nasty Surprises from 'The Stories We Tell Our Young'
- The Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Spark in the Park'
- 'Once Upon a Time in Wonderland' Season 1 Episode Photos
- 'NCIS' Season 11 Episode Photos
- 'Agents of SHIELD' Episode 10 Photos: Mike Peterson Returns to Fight Against Centipede
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Holidaze's' Jennie Garth: 'There's a few twists'
- 'Bonnie & Clyde': Holliday Grainger and Emile Hirsch are the 'original reality TV stars'
- 'Saturday Night Live': Paul Rudd hosts with returning favorites - Watch videos of the best and worst sketches
- Paul Rudd hosts 'Saturday Night Live': Kristen Wiig, Fred Armisen, Will Ferrell and 'Anchorman' cast stop by
- Watch 'Downton Abbey's' Season 4 Christmas special trailer
- More From Zap2it
- Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers From Masters of Sex, HIMYM, Scandal, Tomorrow People & More
- Paul Rudd Hosts Saturday Night Live: Watch Video of the Best and Worst Sketches
- What to Watch Sunday: Race Finishes, Mentalist Fall Finale, Bonnie & Clyde Ride Again and More
- Reality Check: Breaking Down The Voice's Final 5! Plus: Alex & Sierra's X Factor Supremacy
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs from The Walking Dead, Grey's, Sons of Anarchy and More
- More From TVLine