merv griffins crosswords
My knowledge of law and patents never got past reruns of L.A. Law, so I have no idea if this guy from New Jersey has a case or not.
The gentleman claims that he approached reps from Merv Griffin's company back in 2001 and pitched them the idea for a game show based on crossword puzzles. He says he even came up with the idea of the game's "twist" where you can take the other person's spot. He also patented the game. Now he has filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court that says Merv's company took his idea and made the syndicated game show Merv Griffin's Crosswords (a show that I've tried and tried to get into but haven't been able to - though "Ty Treadway" is one of the great game show names of all-time though).
I remember reading an interview with Griffin where he said that he had been working on the idea for a crossword puzzle game show for years. Griffin, as you know, created Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars' Week 8 Express Pass Power Rankings: With a Little Help from My Friends
- 'The Amazing Race: All Stars' Recap: Screw the U-Turn
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Reunion Part 1 Recap: Porsha Gets Physical
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: The Aftermath of the Purple Wedding
- 'Once Upon a Time' Recap: Cora's Revenge Isn't Sweet
- More From BuddyTV
- Did WGN America's Salem Bewitch You?
- Devious Maids Season Premiere Recap: Bridges of Beverly Hills — Plus: Bonus Scoop
- Game of Thrones Recap: The Devil You Know
- Once Upon a Time Recap: Hatchets Buried, a Murder Plan Revealed, a Pair of Lips Locked
- Discovery Channel Cancels Live Mount Everest Jump Special In Wake of Avalanche Tragedy
- More From TVLine