merv griffins crosswords
My knowledge of law and patents never got past reruns of L.A. Law, so I have no idea if this guy from New Jersey has a case or not.
The gentleman claims that he approached reps from Merv Griffin's company back in 2001 and pitched them the idea for a game show based on crossword puzzles. He says he even came up with the idea of the game's "twist" where you can take the other person's spot. He also patented the game. Now he has filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court that says Merv's company took his idea and made the syndicated game show Merv Griffin's Crosswords (a show that I've tried and tried to get into but haven't been able to - though "Ty Treadway" is one of the great game show names of all-time though).
I remember reading an interview with Griffin where he said that he had been working on the idea for a crossword puzzle game show for years. Griffin, as you know, created Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Contestants of 'Hell's Kitchen' Season 13
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 11: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- Julianne Hough Returns to 'Dancing with the Stars' as Fourth Judge
- 'Suits' Interview: Rick Hoffman Wishes 'the People of Pearson Specter Good Luck Dealing With Louis'
- The Best Zings from 'Big Brother 16'
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: Wonderland Genie Joins Tut, Syfy's Expanse Adds 24 Vet & More
- Reckless Sneak Peek: Will Jamie Give Love a Second Chance?
- Ratings: SYTYCD and Talent Slip to New Lows, Extant Steady, Motive Rises
- Grey's Boss Shonda Rhimes Drops Bombshell: 'I'm Not Going to Say Derek and Meredith Are Never Breaking Up'
- Nashville's Rayna and Juliette Face the Future in New Season 3 Poster
- More From TVLine
- Chris Pratt Dresses Up as 'GOTG' Character for Children's Hospital Patients
- MTV VMAs 101: Everything You Need to Know About Sunday's Show
- EXCLUSIVE: The 'Revenge' Cast is Tipsy in These Hilarious Season 3 Bloopers!
- Tina Knowles Comments on Beyonce and Jay Z Split Rumors
- Lauryn Hill Dedicates 'Black Rage (Sketch)' to Ferguson
- More From ET