merv griffins crosswords
My knowledge of law and patents never got past reruns of L.A. Law, so I have no idea if this guy from New Jersey has a case or not.
The gentleman claims that he approached reps from Merv Griffin's company back in 2001 and pitched them the idea for a game show based on crossword puzzles. He says he even came up with the idea of the game's "twist" where you can take the other person's spot. He also patented the game. Now he has filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court that says Merv's company took his idea and made the syndicated game show Merv Griffin's Crosswords (a show that I've tried and tried to get into but haven't been able to - though "Ty Treadway" is one of the great game show names of all-time though).
I remember reading an interview with Griffin where he said that he had been working on the idea for a crossword puzzle game show for years. Griffin, as you know, created Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Quest' Premiere Episode Photos
- The Final Rose: Josh and Andi's Fairytale Journey on 'The Bachelorette'
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 10 Finale Photos: The Final Rose
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Is Done with 'Dancing with the Stars'
- 'The Bachelorette': Did Nick Go Too Far After Being Rejected?
- More From BuddyTV
- Sons of Anarchy Video: The Naked Truth Behind Charlie Hunnam's Surprising Comic-Con No-Show
- TVLine Items: Blacklist Adds Foe for Red, a White Collar Return and More
- Scoop: Brooklyn Decker, Ethan Embry Join Netflix Comedy Grace and Frankie
- Arrow Casts Wildcat — Will He Train Laurel to Become the New Canary?
- The Closer's Kyra Sedgwick to Play Deputy Chief on Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- More From TVLine
- Kevin Smith Says Jennifer Garner is the Reason He's Not Friends with Ben Affleck Anymore
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Poster Sparks 9-11 Comparisons
- Find Out Cameron Diaz's Fall Back Career On The Set of 'The Mask' 20 Years Ago
- No More Blowouts! Jennifer Lopez Sports Her Natural Curls
- Martha Stewart on Blake Lively's New Lifestyle Blog: 'I Mean, It's Stupid'
- More From ET