merv griffins crosswords
My knowledge of law and patents never got past reruns of L.A. Law, so I have no idea if this guy from New Jersey has a case or not.
The gentleman claims that he approached reps from Merv Griffin's company back in 2001 and pitched them the idea for a game show based on crossword puzzles. He says he even came up with the idea of the game's "twist" where you can take the other person's spot. He also patented the game. Now he has filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court that says Merv's company took his idea and made the syndicated game show Merv Griffin's Crosswords (a show that I've tried and tried to get into but haven't been able to - though "Ty Treadway" is one of the great game show names of all-time though).
I remember reading an interview with Griffin where he said that he had been working on the idea for a crossword puzzle game show for years. Griffin, as you know, created Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Recap: A Returning Singer Stuns the Coaches
- Good Guys Turn Bad: TV Characters Who've Crossed Over to the Dark Side
- 'The Blacklist' Recap: Do Red and Berlin Finally Meet?
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Recap: Will Ichabod Free Katrina in Time?
- Meet the Designers of 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4
- More From BuddyTV
- The Best, Worst & Weirdest Moments From Tonight's 'DWTS'
- Lady Antebellum Talks Birthing Babies and Albums
- Norway Funeral Home Refuses To Bury Casey Kasem
- Ben Affleck Talks Marriage, Children & 'Gone Girl'
- 'NCIS: Los Angeles' Stars LL Cool J & Chris O'Donnell Promise Action & Romance for Season 6
- More From ET