merv griffins crosswords
My knowledge of law and patents never got past reruns of L.A. Law, so I have no idea if this guy from New Jersey has a case or not.
The gentleman claims that he approached reps from Merv Griffin's company back in 2001 and pitched them the idea for a game show based on crossword puzzles. He says he even came up with the idea of the game's "twist" where you can take the other person's spot. He also patented the game. Now he has filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court that says Merv's company took his idea and made the syndicated game show Merv Griffin's Crosswords (a show that I've tried and tried to get into but haven't been able to - though "Ty Treadway" is one of the great game show names of all-time though).
I remember reading an interview with Griffin where he said that he had been working on the idea for a crossword puzzle game show for years. Griffin, as you know, created Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Teen Wolf': 15 Freaky Moments from 'Parasomnia'
- 25 Timeless 'Seinfeld' Episodes Everyone Needs to Re-Watch
- Best 'Pretty Little Liars' Quotes from 'She's No Angel'
- Eliminated 'Bachelorette' Suitors JJ Lane and Tanner Tolbert Join 'Bachelor in Paradise'
- Vicki Gunvalson on Leaving 'RHOC': 'I've Thought About It'
- More From BuddyTV
- ‘Ant-Man' Director on Paul Rudd in ‘Captain America: Civil War': ‘I Got Really Envious'
- Why 'Scream Queens' Is To Die For: 7 Answers to the Internet's Most Popular Questions!
- Joe Manganiello on Past Struggles With Addiction: 'It's an Ongoing Battle'
- Enrique Iglesias Arrested in Florida for Driving With a Suspended License
- Hank Baskett & Kendra Wilkinson Finally Open Up About Sex Scandal: 'I Never Engaged In Anything'
- More From ET