merv griffins crosswords
My knowledge of law and patents never got past reruns of L.A. Law, so I have no idea if this guy from New Jersey has a case or not.
The gentleman claims that he approached reps from Merv Griffin's company back in 2001 and pitched them the idea for a game show based on crossword puzzles. He says he even came up with the idea of the game's "twist" where you can take the other person's spot. He also patented the game. Now he has filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court that says Merv's company took his idea and made the syndicated game show Merv Griffin's Crosswords (a show that I've tried and tried to get into but haven't been able to - though "Ty Treadway" is one of the great game show names of all-time though).
I remember reading an interview with Griffin where he said that he had been working on the idea for a crossword puzzle game show for years. Griffin, as you know, created Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Quotes of the Week From Scorpion, Revenge, The Nightly Show and More!
- Ray Donovan Admits Former ER Doc for Killer Season 3 Stint
- Outlander Sneak Peek: First Minute of Midseason Premiere Tells Jamie's Story
- Revenge's Karine Vanasse Lays Out Margaux's Plan to Destroy Emily
- Blake Shelton Hosts SNL: What Were the Best and Worst Sketches?
- More From TVLine
- Blake Shelton Is a Hilarious Bachelor on 'SNL'
- Surprise! Rihanna Drops New Song With Kanye West and Paul McCartney
- This Wrong 'Wheel of Fortune' Answer Kept Getting Repeated and Repeated
- Stars Hit the 2015 Sundance Film Festival
- Lindsay Lohan Credits Her Calvin Kleins for Helping Fight Off Rare Virus
- More From ET