merv griffins crosswords
My knowledge of law and patents never got past reruns of L.A. Law, so I have no idea if this guy from New Jersey has a case or not.
The gentleman claims that he approached reps from Merv Griffin's company back in 2001 and pitched them the idea for a game show based on crossword puzzles. He says he even came up with the idea of the game's "twist" where you can take the other person's spot. He also patented the game. Now he has filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court that says Merv's company took his idea and made the syndicated game show Merv Griffin's Crosswords (a show that I've tried and tried to get into but haven't been able to - though "Ty Treadway" is one of the great game show names of all-time though).
I remember reading an interview with Griffin where he said that he had been working on the idea for a crossword puzzle game show for years. Griffin, as you know, created Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Constantine' Official Cast Photos
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.4 Photos: Elijah Teams Up With Marcel
- Halloween Scarefest: Your Guide to Finding the Perfect Spooky TV and Movie Marathon
- 'The Flash' Episode 4 Photos: Captain Cold and Felicity Come to Town
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 4.5 Photos: Regina and Emma Search for the Snow Queen
- More From BuddyTV
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Arrow, Grey's, Supe, NCIS, Once, Grimm, Mindy, Brooklyn, Hawaii Five-0 and More
- Sleepy Hollow's Founding Mother Is... Buffy Vet Michelle Trachtenberg!
- Revolution Alum Joins Bates Motel
- The Walking Dead's Chad Coleman Tapped for SVU's NFL Violence Episode
- The Flash First Look: Arrow's Felicity Helps Barry Ice Out Captain Cold
- More From TVLine
- Chrissy Teigen Launches Apple Pay with Visa in NYC
- Young the Giant Reveals the Happy Accident That 'Makes Us a Stronger Band'
- SF Giants vs KC Royals: Whose Team Are These Celebs On?
- EXCLUSIVE: The Witch is Back — It's a 'Sabrina' Reunion on 'Melissa & Joey' Halloween Special!
- Taylor Swift Needs Bodyguards to Protect Her From Murderers and Kidnappers
- More From ET