Here's a little round-up of what some of your favorite comedic actors have been up to:
First of all, Bob Odenkirk and a few others have provided their comedy expertise to a new book from McSweeneys titled Comedy by the Numbers. The book breaks comedy down to its bare elements (see pic on the right) so that anyone can become a funny person. Despite the book's obvious tongue-in-cheek approach, I find it somewhat appropriate since I've often considered McSweeneys approach to humor to be a little too cold and clinical sometimes.
First, comedian Joe Rogan of Fear Factor got into an online debate with a kid half his age, and then later smoothed things over with the kid. Now Rogan may be courting controversy again with this fifty-page thread on his messageboard. The thread wasn't started by Rogan; it was actually started by a board member who found out that another board member, whom he disliked, was part of a support group for obese people. Apparently this was the culmination of an ongoing battle of wits among the members of the board, and like most messageboards, conversation eventually devolved into personal attacks and racist insults. This kind of behavior on messageboards is hardly news, but apparently Rogan decided to toss in his support for the thread, even adding a few insults of his own. Rogan apparently loves the raw and unfiltered power of the internet, even if his participation in it might be construed by some as indirectly supporting anti-Semitic sentiments.
[via Best Week Ever]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Burn Notice' Season 7 Premiere Photos: Michael Suffers from the Deal He Made
- 10 Former Contestants Who Should Be 'American Idol' Judges
- 20 TV Characters To Have a Summer Fling With
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 9: First Impressions of Desiree's 25 Men
- 13 Fresh Faces of Summer 2013: Who to Watch in Television and Movies
- More From BuddyTV
- Farrah Abraham's new show a 'reality docu-soap' with Spinboi Films
- The 'Arrow' cast says goodbye to Tommy Merlyn: Emily Bett Rickards, Colton Haynes, and more weigh in on Colin Donnell
- Will @RobbieAmell & @amellywood get competitive on The CW? Watch the vid!
- 'Arrow' star Stephen Amell talks finale death: 'I had panic attacks and nightmares about that scene'
- 'Luther' Season 3, David Tennant's 'Broadchurch' lead BBC America summer schedule
- More From Zap2it
- Rookie Blue's Missy Peregrym on Andy and Nick's 'Connection,' Working With Sam's New Squeeze
- Video: Arrested Development Cast on the Brazen, 'Banged-Up' and Possibly Blue-d Bluths
- Fall TV Scoop: CBS Orders Bad Teacher to Series
- Homeland Exclusive: Boss Actress Joins Season 3 Cast as Carrie's [Spoiler]
- TVLine Items: Pretty Little Liars Lands Rumer Willis, Gossip Guy Visits Copper and More!
- More From TVLine