Here's a little round-up of what some of your favorite comedic actors have been up to:
First of all, Bob Odenkirk and a few others have provided their comedy expertise to a new book from McSweeneys titled Comedy by the Numbers. The book breaks comedy down to its bare elements (see pic on the right) so that anyone can become a funny person. Despite the book's obvious tongue-in-cheek approach, I find it somewhat appropriate since I've often considered McSweeneys approach to humor to be a little too cold and clinical sometimes.
First, comedian Joe Rogan of Fear Factor got into an online debate with a kid half his age, and then later smoothed things over with the kid. Now Rogan may be courting controversy again with this fifty-page thread on his messageboard. The thread wasn't started by Rogan; it was actually started by a board member who found out that another board member, whom he disliked, was part of a support group for obese people. Apparently this was the culmination of an ongoing battle of wits among the members of the board, and like most messageboards, conversation eventually devolved into personal attacks and racist insults. This kind of behavior on messageboards is hardly news, but apparently Rogan decided to toss in his support for the thread, even adding a few insults of his own. Rogan apparently loves the raw and unfiltered power of the internet, even if his participation in it might be construed by some as indirectly supporting anti-Semitic sentiments.
[via Best Week Ever]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Extant Season 2 Premiere Recap: Revolving Spores
- Jason O'Mara Teases Complications to Come, Revisits His Jurassic Series' Fate
- Lucifer Adds Arrow's Kevin Alejandro
- Scream Queens Cast Photos: Meet the Slasher Comedy's Potential Victims
- More From TVLine
- 'Melrose Place' Is Getting a Lifetime TV Movie Too!
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' Reruns Pulled by TV Land Amid Confederate Flag Controversy
- Beyonce's Custom Blue Ivy-Inspired Ring Is All Kinds of Adorable
- Hilary Duff Gets Candid About 'Torturous' Lizzie McGuire Years, Commends Miley Cyrus
- Stephen Colbert Interviews Eminem on Public Access TV and It's as Hilarious as You'd Expect
- More From ET