Harmonix brought us Guitar Hero and it was good. MTV bought Harmonix and promised more musical delights in the near future and now there is Rock Band. Where GH allowed you to rock the axe, RB expands to allow the entire "band." Peripherals are available to allow a guitarist, bassist, drummer and vocalist to all perform together. And major record labels are promising unprecedented cooperation, including making new music available weekly for the game.
Now, Rocky Mountain News is reporting that a Rock Band TV show may be under consideration at MTV. While nothing official can be reported, MTV senior VP of home entertainment Paul DeGooyer says of it, "we need the right concept, one that looks at how gamers engage with the game." Implications may be, though, that they are trying to find a way to do it without diluting or damaging the Rock Band name.
Who knew that Earl Hickey was such a stud muffin? Before his ex-wife Joy came along six years ago, Earl had an intense three-week relationship with Jessie (played by the excellent Juliette Lewis). While hanging out in the local bar, a pregnant and desperate Joy manages to steal Earl away. Later on, Earl and Joy end up becoming husband and wife.
Cut to the
present, and Jessie, still working in the bail bondsman's offices, still lacking those front teeth, and apparently
still angry over what happened, overhears that Joy never showed up for a traffic court appearance. Jessie decides to
become a bounty hunter in order to bring her in, and trains intensely to the sound of the lost 80's classic,
"Lunatic Fringe" by Red Rider. (This show continues to brilliantly use music at key moments.) She also gets
new front teeth to go with her "Dog, the Bounty Hunter" look.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Nashville' Finale: 7 Burning Questions for Season 2
- 'Hannibal': 21 Creepy Moments from 'Trou Normand'
- 'Nashville' Music Videos: Juliette's 'Nothing In This World' & Avery and Scarlett's 'Moon is High'
- Blake Shelton Organizes Benefit Concert for Oklahoma Tornado Victims
- 'The Glades' Season 4 Preview: The Proposal Cliffhanger, a Time Jump and Jim as a Step-Dad
- More From BuddyTV
- NBC schedules Oklahoma Tornado benefit concert; 'Cult' returns to CW schedule
- Reality TV pioneer Mike Darnell leaves FOX: 'It has truly been an amazing ride'
- 'The Originals' new premiere episode: What's coming for 'The Vampire Diaries' spinoff?
- Fall TV 2013: Where did all the gays go?
- 'Arrested Development' Rewatch: Season 3, episode 12 - 'Exit Strategy'
- More From Zap2it
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes
- Fox's Top Reality Exec Mike Darnell to Depart Amid Major American Idol Overhaul
- TV Season in Review: Breaks Are Bad, Gore Is Good, a Reality Check and More Lessons Learned
- What to Watch: Your Guide to 35 Memorial Day Weekend Marathons and Specials!
- TVLine Items: Cult Returns to The CW, New True Blood Promo Declares War on Vamps and More!
- More From TVLine