Last month, Anna told you which shows were on the bubble, the shows that were might not be coming back. Now TV Guide's Michael Ausiello has an updated list of which shows are in trouble. He gives a 1-10 rating for each show, 10 meaning the show is definitely coming back and 0 meaning the stars should start looking for work right now.
Alicia Silverstone, star of Clueless on the big screen, Miss Match on the small, has been signed for a series of episodes, a mini-arc.
- Still no deal to have Letterman come back with everyone else in early January.
- What's it like to ride the subway with Anderson Cooper?
- Entertainment Weekly picks the Best and Worst TV of 2007.
- Michael Ausiello has a
FestivusChristmas Wish List too.
- Former NBC newsman John Hockenberry is not happy with his former network.
- Who would win in a fight, Charlie's Angels or The Three Stooges?
- Did you know they once made animated versions of Lost in Space and That Girl?
- Remember Apple TV?
I'm really not sure how I feel about this information.
Michael Ausiello is reporting that NBC and the people behind The Office are thinking about creating a spinoff of the sitcom. The plan is to introduce several new characters on The Office and then later spin them off into their own show (none of the original Office cast would be on the new show). I'm not sure why Ausiello calls this paying a major compliment to Grey's Anatomy (what, there weren't spinoffs before Private Practice?), and I'm not sure if I like this idea or not.
It seems like Rob Thomas is going through a mid-career crisis. After his series Veronica Mars was not renewed by the CW network back in May, Thomas has been floating around the television world looking for a new venture. Back in early July he was picked to head up the new ABC series Miss/Guided. However, two weeks later he left his position as executive producer and showrunner under the "creative differences" umbrella (I wonder if I could use that line when I leave my IT position).
Now, according to our dear, dear friend Michael Ausiello over at TV Guide, Thomas has joined Big Shots (another ABC show) as a consulting producer. He will be in good company this time around as the executive producers of the show, Danielle Stokdyk and Jennifer Gwartz, were former producers on Veronica Mars.
Yeah, so do I.
Were you watching The View the other day and wondering why they announced Whoopi was joining the gang but didn't say anything at all about Sherri Shepherd? TV Guide's Michael Ausiello says it's because she wants a lot more money than ABC wants to pay her. In fact, she wants to make at least what Joy Behar and Elisabeth Hasselbeck are making. ABC is reportedly looking at other celebs, including Kathy Griffin and Jacquie Reid from CNN.
This is the same woman who pretty much no one even knew until she started to guest host on The View, right? And the same woman who doesn't believe in evolution? Yeah, I thought so.
[via TV Tattle]
CSI Producer Carol Mendolsohn tells TV Guide's Michael Ausiello that they have just cast a new female lab technician that will be introduced in the third episode, and there are hints that she's not just a new cast member but a new cast member that will take over for Jorja Fox, whose Sara character might die in that car crash. Executive Producer Jonathan Littman says that the Grissom/Sara storyline will definitely be resolved, and didn't say if Fox would be in the show this season beyond the season opener.
So I guess now we can try to figure out how a dead Sara will come back to the show a year from now.
[via TV Tattle]
Mike Ausiello over at TVGuide.com is reporting that Jeffrey Dean Morgan is returning to Grey's Anatomy as Denny Duquette; he'll appear in an episode later this season. Of course, Grey's fans know Denny, since he was an integral part of the season-ending plotline last year. You remember... Izzie falls in love with the prostrate Denny, they get engaged, then she cuts his LVAD lines to help him move up the heart transplant list. We also know that Denny croaked and left Izzie with a bundle of money.
How do you bring a dead character back? Dream sequences, silly! Either that or a flashback will be in order. Ausiello has his ideas, though, including bringing Morgan back as an ET, a ghost, or Denny's twin brother Kenny. Yeah, I'm laughing on the inside, too.
[via Pop Candy]
Why, Michael? Why?
Anyway, when Milo Ventimiglia came by the TVG offices, I would imagine he did it to promote Heroes, his new fall show on NBC. But Ausiello peppered him with GG questions anyway. Some good tidbits came out: He won't be back as Jess; Lauren Graham may or may not have 2 years left on her contract, and Alexis Bledel has only one year left. In conclusion, he feels the same as most people: the upcoming 7th season of Gilmore will be the last one. Oh, and he mentions some stuff about Heroes and his role in (gulp) Rocky VI.
Next up: Ausiello interviews the key grip from GG seasons 1-3; I'm sure he'll have some insights on Lauren Graham's contract, too.
[via The TV Addict and Bloglines]
- Michael Ausiello's friend asks, "How long will it be at school before Shiloh Pitt gets nicknamed Piloh Shitt?"
- EW's PopWatch blog is having a contest to see who can best recap what's going on with that Lost Experience online game.
- Tim Goodman gives his opinion of that Sopranos season finale
everyone is talking abouteveryone is disappointed by.
- Here's Part 2 of Ken Levine's story about M*A*S*H and the demise of Col. Blake.
- Former TV Squad editor Dave Thomas has a new TV blog that's worth checking out, FireJeffZucker.com.
Anyway, TV Guide's Michael Ausiello held a chat at WashingtonPost.com, and he is asked many questions about the season finale (which he loved). Check it out.
As for 7th Heaven, he's also reporting that this will be one of the shows that survives the move to The CW (are they really going to still use that name?)
That's great. Now we'll able to see Ruthie become a grandmother.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'High Sparrow'
- Bruce Jenner's Docuseries Gets Premiere Date, 'Kardashians' Stars Show Support
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.20 Photos: Will Klaus Make a Deal with Dahlia?
- 'Revenge' Recap: Death Doesn't Stop Victoria from Trying to Bring Down Amanda
- 'The Good Wife' Recap: Is Alicia Ready to Start Over?
- More From BuddyTV
- A Former ‘Mad Men' Star Joins MTV's ‘Scream' as Mayor – Find Out Who!
- Kim Kardashian Says Bruce Jenner Has Found 'Inner Peace' and 'Pure Happiness'
- Ian Somerhalder Marries Nikki Reed!
- Jay Z Goes on Tidal Twitter Rant: 'We're Here for the Long Haul'
- Sophia Bush 'Devastated' by Death of Ex Dan Fredinburg in Nepal Earthquake
- More From ET