Co-hosted by Jane Krakowski of '30 Rock' and Zachary Levi of 'Chuck,' the special culminated in the lighting of this year's tree, which stands at a towering 76 feet high and is adorned with more than 25,000 multicolored bulbs. Watch our clip for a sample of the performance by the Rockettes, a peek at Shakira's rendition of 'Santa Baby' and a look at the tree lighting itself.
Watch the video after the jump.
(S09E17) Dancing with the Stars continues to chug along having five couples become four. With such a small number, the results shows feel even more stretched out, slowly saving contestants one at a time.
Encore - Joanna & Derek - Paso Doble - Len thought that even though Mya had the higher score, the paso was so detailed that it deserved the encore. The two actually looked better with their hair tonight than last night; I could tell that it was them. On the second time around, I believed that they deserved a 30 and Mya only should have gotten a 29.
You'll see him on Today, The Tonight Show, The Jay Leno Show, Saturday Night Live, a segment of the NBC Nightly News With Brian Williams and a sit down with James Lipton on Bravo's Inside the Actors' Studio. When The Circle is released on November 10, you'll know all about it... if you've watched NBC and Bravo.
But we got another big announcement last night -- So You Think You Can Dance received four Emmy nominations. The make-up team was nominated as well as three choreographers. Wade Robson's Hummingbird & Flower piece got a nod as did Mandy Moore's Table routine (the one to "Sweet Dreams") and Shane Sparks' Transformers number to "Fuego." Mia Michaels is crying in corner somewhere. You'll get 'em next year Mia.
Bennett reportedly called the show "too cruel" in an interview with Time Out London. Bennett, who coached this season's hopefuls during the first week of April, said, "I had it out with Simon when I met him and suggested that he should open up tiny clubs across the countries so the kids could break in and learn properly."
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- Did you see Michael Buble's appearance on on American Idol? Does this show act like crazy pill for anyone who gets close to it?
- India says Sanjaya's success on American Idol is not their fault.
- Did the smoke monster get a camera? My take on last night's episode of Lost.
Having personally seen Tony Bennett and Michael Buble in concert, I would have confidently told you that Michael Buble would certainly show the contestants and the world how singing standards should be done.
His performance was nothing but a true disappointment...
Tonight, the finalists are separated into three different groups of three on stage. One group is the Best Three, one is the Middle Three, and one is the Bottom Three. And looking at the breakdown, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to guess which group is which.
It's about freaking time! Say what you want about the quality of television, but the American Idol auditions are the greatest two weeks known to man. I sincerely think that this is what Ben Franklin had in mind when he invented electricity. And Chicago was given the honor of being this season's first city to be ripped to shreds by Simon. What surprises me about Chicago isn't its lack of talent (yes, I know they air the worst auditions), but that I spotted at least two Mike Ditka impersonators. Mike Ditka? It's been 20 years since the Bears won the Super Bowl. It's time to let 1985 go, Chicago.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- American Idol Exclusive: Top 6 Song Spoilers!
- Did You Fall For MTV's Faking It?
- The Voice Top 12 Results Recap: Did the Right Contestants Get Cut This Week? [Updated]
- Glee Recap: 'Tonight, You Are a Star'
- NBC's Crossbones Sets Sail With First Trailer: See John Malkovich as Blackbeard
- More From TVLine
- Has Nicki Ever Been 'The Other Woman'? Lance Bass Gets the Dirt
- 5 Seconds of Summer Remember Their Big Break
- Is Tori Spelling Sharing Too Much About Husband's Cheating?
- Stephen Colbert Tells David Letterman His Plan for 'Late Show'
- Minaj on 'Housewives' Fight: 'Someone Would of Got Knocked Upside the Head'
- More From ET