michael clarke duncan
When Duncan visited 'The Late Late Show' (weeknights, 12:37AM ET on CBS), Craig Ferguson couldn't get past the idea of the character reciting poetry. "If you can solve crimes using poetry," he joked, "'Oh, this looks like it was done by a man from Nantucket!'"
Michael Clarke Duncan Signs for 'Bones' Spinoff, Loretta Devine Returning to 'Grey's Anatomy' and More
Duncan will play Leo, described as a cowboy philosopher. The proposed spinoff is based on 'The Locator' books by Richard Greener. The novels follow Walter Sherman, a former member of the military police. According to TVLine, the role of Walter has not yet been cast. Duncan's Leo is partners with the main character.
This could be the first regular TV gig for 'The Green Mile' star.
In other TV news ...
• Loretta Devine is returning to 'Grey's Anatomy.' The 'Boston Public' veteran is reprising her role of Adele Webber in a mid-February episode. [E! Online]
• In other ABC medical drama casting, Paula Malcolmson will guest on 'Private Practice.' The 'Caprica' star pops up in episode 14 as the wife of a convicted killer. [TV Guide]
• Eric Balfour has been tapped to guest on 'No Ordinary Family.' The '24' star will play Marcus Winnick, a death row inmate for two episodes. Look for him in March. [TV Guide]
Here is what Michael said. Try to keep track. There will be a test in a second. Seriously; we're not kidding. Okay. This is what he said about the whole meeting his girlfriend in the lobby thing: "She's like, 'Are you coming down? Are you coming down?' I'm like, 'I'm coming down.' So ... I reluctantly go down. But I go down, and she's --"
... Right. And at this point, Craig interrupted the conversation: "Stop saying 'I go down,' man!" And then, Craig started freaking out. But was the host's freaked-out-ness excessive? And were you paying attention to what the actor said?
"I'm thinkin' about writing a book," began Duncan. Responded Ferguson, "Wow, really?! What kinda book are we talking about?"
Duncan became intrigued with the host's suggestion to add a vampire into the plot. But then Ferguson said, "You get bit by a Chicago vampire. They like the deep dish. You can be 'deep dish.'"
Duncan wasn't quite sure how to take that. "Are you calling me Deep Dish?" he asked. "If that's the name that you danced under, then OK," joked Ferguson. And they continued teasing each other from there.
(S02E01) "Welcome to Thuderdome!" - Morgan Grimes
I'm curious if there is anyone who watched this season premiere and found the opening recap helpful at all. Are we to believe that there are people who watching the premiere who didn't see any of last season?
I was glad to see that they jumped right into the elimination of Chuck. Last season's finale made me afraid that the entire second season would be about Chuck trying NOT to get killed by Casey.
I still don't understand how they're going to do a live-action version of cars and airplanes turning into robots.
[Via The Hollywood News]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Recap: Devotion and Desperation Lead to Big Moves and Confrontations
- 'The Messengers' Recap: Dealing with Pestilence
- 'Wayward Pines' Interview: M. Night Shyamalan on Shocking Death and Darker Turn
- 'Bachelorette' Star Kaitlyn Bristowe on Pre-Fantasy Suite Sex: 'I Don't Know Why Everyone is So Shocked'
- 'The Bachelor' Season 11 Week 2 Photos: Punchlines and Punches
- More From BuddyTV
- Anne Meara, Actress/Comedian and Half of Stiller & Meara, Dead at 85
- Quotes of the Week From The Flash, Late Show, Game of Thrones and More
- Sharon Osbourne on Hiatus from CBS' The Talk Due to 'Extreme Exhaustion'
- Orphan Black Boss Talks [Spoiler]'s Sacrifice, Angry Felix, Twerking Alison
- Saturday Night Live: Watch Season 40's 15 Best Sketches Now!
- More From TVLine
- Josh Duggar May Be Dropped From '19 Kids and Counting', Cancels Speaking Event
- Star Sightings May 2015
- Happy Anniversary, Kimye! Take a Look Back at Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's First Year of Marriage
- Kim Kardashian & Kris Humphries' Failed Wedding Birthed A New California Law
- Celebs React to Ireland's Historic Same-Sex Marriage Vote
- More From ET