I worry about 'Glee.'
Seems like I shouldn't, right? The show, which is returning to Fox after a four-month break on April 13, seems to have everything going its way right now. The show's return is being slotted after 'American Idol.' The kids from the show have been singing and dancing on tour. The mid-season premiere is being screened in movie theaters for charity. The producers are combing the country to find a new cast member (starting today), and the search will become a show of its own.
"Gleeks" all over the country are clutching their soundtrack CDs and season one part one DVDs -- signed by the cast during one of their mall tours, no doubt -- and just waiting for the show to come back. Madonna has given the producers permission to create a Madge-themed episode. Heck, even Neil Patrick Harris is on board to guest.
Hear that? It's the hype machine going into overdrive. And that's what worries me. I've heard this machine before, and it never ends well. There are three signs that make me wonder if 'Glee' is more flash-in-the-pan than legitimate long-running hit:
(S03E10) "People get hurt and things get complicated no matter what you do." - Fiona
Welcome back, Burn Notice. We've missed you. The story picked up a day or two after the resolution of the Strickler thing, with Fiona still on the mend and Michael more than a little miffed by the missed opportunity to get back in the spy game. And if sore feelings and healing wounds weren't painful enough, there's a new threat for Michael.
(S05E15) "Shaft had tit cancer?" - Christian
She sure made it look easy, huh?
After the way part one of this season ended, with Sean finding out who Colleen really was, most were amazed when they saw Colleen jamming a knife into Sean's back in the mid-season finale. With his new celebrity status, the likely restraining order Sean had out on Colleen, and the assumption that there must have been some sort of security at the new McNamara/Troy LA office, it seemed unlikely that Colleen would have been able to get within 100 feet of Sean. Not the case.
Again, she made it look easy.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'Girls, Girls, Girls'
- 'Bones' 200th Episode Photos: The Gang Goes to the 1950s
- 'Bones' Episode 10.9 Photos: Does Brennan Have a Problem with Aubrey?
- 7 Thanksgiving Episodes To Escape Your Family Drama -- Available to Stream Now
- 'Supernatural' Recap: The Truth About Rowena is Revealed
- More From BuddyTV
- Kingdom Sneak Peek: Jay Does 'Curls for the Girls,' Hunts Nate's Attacker
- Revenge Sneak Peek: Ben Makes Emily an Offer She Can't Refuse
- Ratings: DWTS Draws Best Finale Numbers in 4 Seasons, Voice Hits Low
- More From TVLine
- The Olsen Twins' Holiday Gift Guide Is Every Bit as Weird and Crazy Expensive as You Think
- Flashback: Mariah Carey's 'All I Want for Christmas Is You' Turns 20!
- Kendall Jenner Sets the Record Straight On All Those Bullying Rumors with These Insane 'Dazed' Covers
- John Legend on His Wife Chrissy Teigen: It Wasn't Love at First Sight
- Gay Soccer Star Robbie Rogers on His New Memoir, ABC Sitcom and Boyfriend Greg Berlanti
- More From ET