I worry about 'Glee.'
Seems like I shouldn't, right? The show, which is returning to Fox after a four-month break on April 13, seems to have everything going its way right now. The show's return is being slotted after 'American Idol.' The kids from the show have been singing and dancing on tour. The mid-season premiere is being screened in movie theaters for charity. The producers are combing the country to find a new cast member (starting today), and the search will become a show of its own.
"Gleeks" all over the country are clutching their soundtrack CDs and season one part one DVDs -- signed by the cast during one of their mall tours, no doubt -- and just waiting for the show to come back. Madonna has given the producers permission to create a Madge-themed episode. Heck, even Neil Patrick Harris is on board to guest.
Hear that? It's the hype machine going into overdrive. And that's what worries me. I've heard this machine before, and it never ends well. There are three signs that make me wonder if 'Glee' is more flash-in-the-pan than legitimate long-running hit:
(S03E10) "People get hurt and things get complicated no matter what you do." - Fiona
Welcome back, Burn Notice. We've missed you. The story picked up a day or two after the resolution of the Strickler thing, with Fiona still on the mend and Michael more than a little miffed by the missed opportunity to get back in the spy game. And if sore feelings and healing wounds weren't painful enough, there's a new threat for Michael.
(S05E15) "Shaft had tit cancer?" - Christian
She sure made it look easy, huh?
After the way part one of this season ended, with Sean finding out who Colleen really was, most were amazed when they saw Colleen jamming a knife into Sean's back in the mid-season finale. With his new celebrity status, the likely restraining order Sean had out on Colleen, and the assumption that there must have been some sort of security at the new McNamara/Troy LA office, it seemed unlikely that Colleen would have been able to get within 100 feet of Sean. Not the case.
Again, she made it look easy.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Criminal Minds' Episode 10.19 Photos: Meet the FBI's International Unit
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.18 Photos: Elena Reevaluates Her Vampire Life
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.17 Photos: Sam and Cas Investigate the Mark of Cain
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.19 Photos: Everyone Observes a Big Surgery
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Psychic in the Soup'
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Grimm Hits Low, Cristela Slips, Hart of Dixie Finale Flat
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Jane the Virgin, Forever and More
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Walking Dead's Andrew Lincoln
- Hart of Dixie Season Finale Recap: Happy Endings
- Girl Meets World Season Finale Recap: A Date With Destiny
- More From TVLine