mike douglas show
Tyra Banks had long been contemplating ways to forge an Oprah-style media empire well before the debut of her eponymous talk show in 2005. Setting aside her guest shots on 'The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air' in the 1990s, Banks decided to establish her TV-Q as a host by successfully launching 'America's Next Top Model' in 2003. That gave her the clout to fashion 'The Tyra Banks Show' -- which she segued to just three months after leaving the runway -- into something that was part tabloid, part tasteful.
Now that Banks has announced she's ending her talk show this season -- she'll be focusing on her production company, Bankable Studios, among other projects -- we formally add 'The Tyra Banks Show' to the pantheon of great talk shows we wish hadn't bit the dust.
Here are the new TV DVDs, in stores tomorrow.
- Arrest & Trial - Best Of, Part 2
- Arthur - Season 10
- The Catherine Tate Show - Series 2
- Checkmate - Best Of Season 2
- Day Break - Complete Series
- Frisky Dingo - Season 1
- The Invisible Man - Season 1
- Kong: The Animated Series - Vol. 4
- Laredo - Best Of Season 1, Part 2
- Midsomer Murders - The Early Cases and Box Set Ten
- The Mike Douglas Show - Moments and Memories
- Noble House - Noble House
- Painkiller Jane - Complete Series
- Party of Five - Season 3
- The Price Is Right - Best Of
- The Shield - Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5
- Sliders - Season 4
- Suburban Shootout - Season
- Tripping The Rift (Movie)
- Upright Citizen's Brigade - Asssscat
- Wings - Season 6
Veteran talk show host Mike Douglas has died in West Palm Beach, Florida. No cause of death was given yet, but he was admitted to the hospital after becoming ill on a golf course. Oddly, today is also his 81st birthday.
I remember watching Douglas in the 70s. Along with Merv Griffin, he always had an entertaining daytime talk/variety show. I felt bad a few years ago when Rosie O'Donnell had him on the show, and the day before she announced to the audience that "Mike Douglas" was going to be on the show, and the crowd went absolutely bonkers with delight. Even Rosie seemed a little shocked by the reaction of the audience. I think they were thinking of actor Michael Douglas. I cringed a little bit that day.
I couldn't find a DVD release for Douglas' show. Is there one yet? I know Griffin and Dick Cavett have releases.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Blake Shelton Hosts SNL: What Were the Best and Worst Sketches?
- Joe Franklin, Television Talk Show Pioneer, Dead at 88
- Performer of the Week: Allison Janney
- Ratings: Constantine and Dixie Tick Up, Glee Flat, Shark Tank Rerun Tops Night
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs from The Flash, Togetherness and More
- More From TVLine
- Surprise! Rihanna Drops New Song With Kanye West and Paul McCartney
- This Wrong 'Wheel of Fortune' Answer Kept Getting Repeated and Repeated
- Stars Hit the 2015 Sundance Film Festival
- Lindsay Lohan Credits Her Calvin Kleins for Helping Fight Off Rare Virus
- Blake Shelton Is Giving Away His Music For Free
- More From ET