Rumors of the show's cancellation spread like wildfire after star Karine Vanasse took to Twitter and said she received "the call." But the show is safe for the time being, according to a statement from ABC affirming the network's commitment to air all 14 episodes of Season 1 and confirming that it is still being considered for renewal.
"It's only going to get better," Christina Ricci told AOL TV during a visit to the show's New York set in early November. "It's just our first [season]. We're still trying things out and figuring out what works and what doesn't. I feel like we're just going to get better and better."
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the 'Blue Valentine' actor will replace Jonah Lotan on the new ABC drama. Besides 'Blue Valentine,' Vogel appeared in 'Miami Medical' and 'Cloverfield.'
Vogel will play Dean, a young pilot living out his childhood dream of flying the friendly skies. The 1960s-set drama also stars Christina Ricci, Kelli Garner and Michael Mosley.
Look for 'Pan Am' to take off on ABC on Sun., Sept. 25 at 10PM.
In other TV news ...
Watch the video after jump.
It premieres this Friday at 10PM, which pretty much means CBS cares about it as much as viewers are going to care about it, which is probably not very much (for the most part nowadays, Friday nights = death). The Hollywood Reporter thinks the same thing, and even says the show is "dead on arrival."
It stars Jeremy Northam as a mysterious doctor in charge of a medical facility in Miami, North Dakota. Just kidding! It's actually the one in Florida.
Also in the news today: ABC moves 'V''s premiere date, while Hilary Duff books a new ABC Family movie.
See more of today's top TV headlines after the jump.
According to industry speculation found on IESB, J.J. Abrams is set to cast 28-year-old Pennsylvania native Mike Vogel (who has appeared in such movies as Poseidon and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake) as Captain James T. Kirk in the upcoming Star Trek movie, a role made famous by William Shatner on the TV series from 1966 to 1969. Vogel also appears in J.J. Abrams upcoming untitled Cloverleaf project.
If Vogel joins the cast, he would be alongside Zachary "Sylar" Quinto as young Mr. Spock, Leonard Nimoy reprising the role that he made famous as the older Mr. Spock, Zoe Saldana as Uhura originally played by Nichelle Nichols and Anton Yelchin as Pavel Chekov originally played by Walter Koenig.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Project Runway All Stars' Season 3: Ranking the Looks of 'Marge Madness'
- 'American Horror Story: Coven' Episode Photos
- Best 'Vampire Diaries' Quotes from 'The Cell'
- Best 'Glee' Quotes from 'Previously Unaired Christmas'
- 'The Amazing Race' Season 23 Finale Prediction: Who Will Win?
- More From BuddyTV
- TV ratings: 'The Sound of Music Live' scores big for NBC Thursday
- 'Sound of Music Live!': Appreciate it for what it was - a lot of fun
- 'X Factor': Simon Cowell - 'Say Something' was Alex and Sierra's big moment
- 'The Sound of Music Live!': Watch Carrie Underwood, Stephen Moyer, and more sing the classics
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Why I'm okay with Cristina hooking up with an intern
- More From Zap2it
- Bates Motel Exclusive: Haunting New Season 2 Promos Point to Fresh Blood (and Taxidermy!)
- Ratings: NBC's Sound of Music Live! Does Something Very Good; Glee and Grey's Eye Lows
- Exclusive Once Upon a Time Video: Which Stone-Cold Villain Is Snow White Hunting?
- What to Watch Friday: Bones' Fall Finale, Grimm Exorcism, CBS' Grammy Noms Concert and More
- Scandal Recap: I'm Friends With the Monster
- More From TVLine