Rumors of the show's cancellation spread like wildfire after star Karine Vanasse took to Twitter and said she received "the call." But the show is safe for the time being, according to a statement from ABC affirming the network's commitment to air all 14 episodes of Season 1 and confirming that it is still being considered for renewal.
"It's only going to get better," Christina Ricci told AOL TV during a visit to the show's New York set in early November. "It's just our first [season]. We're still trying things out and figuring out what works and what doesn't. I feel like we're just going to get better and better."
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the 'Blue Valentine' actor will replace Jonah Lotan on the new ABC drama. Besides 'Blue Valentine,' Vogel appeared in 'Miami Medical' and 'Cloverfield.'
Vogel will play Dean, a young pilot living out his childhood dream of flying the friendly skies. The 1960s-set drama also stars Christina Ricci, Kelli Garner and Michael Mosley.
Look for 'Pan Am' to take off on ABC on Sun., Sept. 25 at 10PM.
In other TV news ...
Watch the video after jump.
It premieres this Friday at 10PM, which pretty much means CBS cares about it as much as viewers are going to care about it, which is probably not very much (for the most part nowadays, Friday nights = death). The Hollywood Reporter thinks the same thing, and even says the show is "dead on arrival."
It stars Jeremy Northam as a mysterious doctor in charge of a medical facility in Miami, North Dakota. Just kidding! It's actually the one in Florida.
Also in the news today: ABC moves 'V''s premiere date, while Hilary Duff books a new ABC Family movie.
See more of today's top TV headlines after the jump.
According to industry speculation found on IESB, J.J. Abrams is set to cast 28-year-old Pennsylvania native Mike Vogel (who has appeared in such movies as Poseidon and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake) as Captain James T. Kirk in the upcoming Star Trek movie, a role made famous by William Shatner on the TV series from 1966 to 1969. Vogel also appears in J.J. Abrams upcoming untitled Cloverleaf project.
If Vogel joins the cast, he would be alongside Zachary "Sylar" Quinto as young Mr. Spock, Leonard Nimoy reprising the role that he made famous as the older Mr. Spock, Zoe Saldana as Uhura originally played by Nichelle Nichols and Anton Yelchin as Pavel Chekov originally played by Walter Koenig.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Friends Reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox and Lisa Kudrow Reprise Their Roles on Kimmel
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap: Who Should Win the Season 11 Title?
- Mindy Project Casts Shonda Rhimes (Yes, Shonda Rhimes) to Play [Spoiler]
- Arrow Recasts Oliver's Blade-Wielding Season 3 Mentor
- Mean Girls' Daniel Franzese Lands Looking Role — Who Will He Court?
- More From TVLine
- Enjoy Khloe Kardashian's Epic Pre-Kimye-Wedding Hangover
- Hello Kitty Revealed Not To Be A Cat and Apparently Nothing Is True Anymore
- Meet David Muir, the Man Taking Over ABC's 'World News'
- 'Project Runway''s Christian Siriano on His Much-Praised Emmy Designs
- A Winning Couple! Aaron Paul's Wife Reacts to Emmy Speech, Talks 'Kind Campaign'
- More From ET