Headed up by 'Smallville' creators Al Gough and Miles Millar and executive produced by Drew Barrymore, the glossy action show is hoping to emulate the success of the reimagined 'Hawaii Five-0' more than the crash and burn of 'Bionic Woman' and 'Knight Rider.'
Hit the jump for a few brief highlights about the new series, starring Minka Kelly, Rachel Taylor and Annie Ilonzeh.
The writing team who brought Superman back to TV screens in 'Smallville' are set to work their magic on the reboot of 'Charlie's Angels' for ABC.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, hit writers Alfred Gough and Miles Millar are replacing Josh Friedman ('Terminator: The Sarah Connors Chronicles') on the Sony Television Pictures project, which is being developed for a potential pilot order and midseason launch.
Sources are telling our friends at Airlock Alpha that the writers of Smallville want to bring Michael Rosenbaum back for season nine.
Rosenabuam left the show last May after seven seasons as the villainous Luthor. Rumors about the actor returning to the show have been floating around the Internet for months. This season, a stand-in whose voice and face were altered and hidden by a high tech-looking breathing mask – a la Darth Vader – appeared as Lex Luthor in a few episodes. The character apparently died in an explosion in the Feb. 5 episode "Requim," but that doesn't mean he won't reappear on the show, especially if Rosenbaum agrees to reprise the role.
THR is reporting that former Smallville scribes Al Gough and Miles Millar, who left the show last season, are taking over scripting duties on producer Toby Maguire's upcoming live action Robotech movie. An original draft of the script was penned by Oscar-nominated writer/producer Lawrence Kasdan who, apparently, has been shown the door.
As soon as I read this, I went to one of Smallville's most popular website, KryptonSite, and found the open letter both creators sent to announce their departure. "After much heartache and debate we have decided it is time for us to move on," they say in their letter.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4 Premiere: Ranking the Looks of 'Made in Manhattan'
- Halloween Scarefest: Your Guide to Finding the Perfect Spooky TV and Movie Marathon
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'An Innocent Man'
- 'Bachelor' Roundup: No TV Wedding for Chris and Des, Juan Pablo's Odd Message for Nikki and More
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.8 Photos: Olivia in White
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Bones Bopped by Big Bang, Elementary Premiere Down, A to Z falls
- CBS' Supergirl Casting Jimmy Olsen, Cat Grant and Others
- Constantine's Matt Ryan Talks Meeting Zed, Losing His Clothes and Reuniting the Newcastle Crew
- Once Upon a Time Sneak Peek: Will Belle Betray Rumplestiltskin?
- The Colbert Report's End Date Revealed
- More From TVLine
- Jake Gyllenhaal's Embarrassing Halloween Costumes Make Him Even Cuter
- Teresa Giudice's Teen Daughter Releases Scandalous Music Video, But Did It Really Cost $10K?
- Chelsea Handler Slams Instagram for Removing Her Topless Photo
- Is Jessica Biel Pregnant? New Tweet Fuels Baby Rumors
- How Long Will Robert Downey Jr. Play Iron Man?
- More From ET