(S21E11) This episode featured two surprises, though both rather short-lived. The band Coldplay appeared as themselves, and the winning character from the "Best. Character. Ever" contest was revealed. It's so much excitement, even a million dollars couldn't top it!
The animation looked a little more awkward than in most weeks for some reason. It's as if the characters were drawn in a slightly more abstract way, similar to Groening's 'Life in Hell' comic strip. There was a bit more distortion in their features than we're used to seeing. 'The Simpsons' has become a very crisp production.
The main plot this week involved Homer ditching Marge at a wedding because a fortune cookie told him he would be lucky that day. From there, things went into the realm of the absurd at a breakneck pace.
You might want to watch today's episode. Former Jeopardy! champion Roger Storm looks like he might be going far if the video after the jump is any clue. It also asks us to watch today's episode, so maybe he just might win that million dollars?
Spoiler follows after the jump (though the title of the video is misleading.)
The only innovation (if you can even call this an "innovation") on NBC's Deal Or No Deal is that you never see or hear the Banker. He's just a mysterious man in shadow who calls up Howie Mandel several times during the show and offers money to the contestants. But now, for at least one episode, we're actually going to see and hear him.
Donald Trump will play the Banker in the season premiere of the hit game show. The episode will also feature another first: someone who plays at home will be guaranteed to win a million dollars. I guess this is good publicity for The Donald and makes sure he's still in the public eye until that celebrity edition of The Apprentice premieres. Judging by a photo on the set of the game show, he'll actually be on stage with Howie and the contestants for at least part of the game and not just in the booth above.
The episode airs on September 17.
Finally, one of my wishes might come true: Survivor is seriously considering moving the show to a colder climate.
Canada, to be precise. Host Jeff Probst reveals that show creator Mark Burnett is thinking about doing the next season in Canada, because they're running out of jungle/island places to go to. They probably aren't really running out of places to go, but after a while all of these places start to look and feel the same.
Probst is worried that a colder place would a.) be worse for the bodies of the contestants and b.) you wouldn't have chicks in bikinis. Well, for the first concern, I think that's the reason to do it. Give these contestants a challenge the other contestants of other seasons never had. And for the second concern, I have the solution.
Seriously, the show needs a kick in the pants, and a colder world would really reinvent the show a bit.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- [Video] 'DIG' Exclusive Clip: Will Debbie Be Saved?
- 'Supernatural' Interview: Jim Beaver Teases Bobby's Return is 'The Real Deal'
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' Predictions: Who Will Go Home in Week 6?
- 'American Idol' Predictions: Who Will Leave the Top 9?
- 'The Flash' Episode 18 Photos: Felicity and the Atom Visit Central City
- More From BuddyTV
- April Fools' Day: 25 Twisted Plot Tricks from Alias, Arrow, Buffy, PLL & More
- Ratings: New Girl, NCIS, S.H.I.E.L.D. Tie Lows; Weird Loners Has Few Friends
- X-Files Revival: Cigarette-Smoking Man, Walter Skinner Set to Return
- Supernatural's Jim Beaver on Bobby's 'Wistful' Heaven, Concerns About Dean
- Cougar Town Finale Recap: 'Deja View'
- More From TVLine
- Ingrid Michaelson Opens Up About New Music After Losing Mom: 'I Have a Different Mind Now'
- Chris Rock Posts Selfie of Himself Getting Pulled Over for the Third Time in 7 Weeks
- Monica Lewinsky Is Not Joining 'The View': 'This Is Obviously Not Happening'
- Avril Lavigne Opens Up About Her Health Crisis: 'I Thought I Was Dying'
- 'Arrow' Fave Dishes on Mama Smoak's Return and the Secrets of Felicity's Father
- More From ET