"We totally massacred his house," Cosgrove said. And did that producer write it off to capricious youth and laugh about it? Well, not really. But he did get some revenge. "He was very upset. But he tricked us and he told us he called the police."
That, according to Cosgrove, freaked everybody out, and made them scramble for someone to blame it on. Ah, to be young and innocent. Enjoy it now, cast and crew of 'iCarly,' before too long the lawyers get involved and these interviews get ugly.
Casting Roundup: Miranda Cosgrove to Guest on 'The Good Wife,' 'Buffy' Star Amber Benson Heads to 'Grey's Anatomy' and More
According to Ausiello Files, Cosgrove will play Sloan, a pop star who hires Alicia Florrick (Julianna Margulies) after being arrested and charged with a DUI.
"We're big 'iCarly' fans, so we really couldn't think of anyone better for this role than Miranda Cosgrove," Robert King, executive producer of 'The Good Wife,' said. "We were thrilled when she agreed to do it. It'll be fun to see her handle both the comedy and drama in the role, and we can't wait to see how she'll play across from Julianna."
Look for Alicia and Sloan to bond during the high profile trial. The episode is scheduled for Nov. 16. 'The Good Wife' premieres Sept. 28 at 10PM ET on CBS.
In other casting news ...
• Jon Seda is joining the cast of 'Treme.' The star of 'The Pacific' will play a venture capitalist from Dallas who has political ties. [Deadline Hollywood]
• 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' alumna Amber Benson will guest star on 'Grey's Anatomy.' Benson will play an estranged daughter of one of Cristina's patients in episode 7. [Ausiello Files]
"He's just awesome. He looks like he could totally be on a motorcycle and, like, his whole look. I don't know. He's amazing," Cosgrove said, clearly so enamored by the mere thought of LaBeouf that she was at a loss for words.
Watch the video after the jump.
More casting news after the jump.
The signing was from 12:00 P.M. to 2:30 P.M. I got there with her at 10:30 A.M., and they had already cut the line off and didn't allow anybody else to get on. People had apparently slept in their cars in the parking lot the night before to get in line early.
They had estimated Cosgrove could give 700 signatures. At a glance, I would say 5 to 10 times that number had attended the event. I even know a person who made it on the line and due to its lack of forward movement abandoned all hope around 1:30 P.M. Needless to say, my niece was among the many to walk away empty-handed.
What they really need to do is stream it on Hulu to ensure it is. The kids are online, you know.
But I digress. These are nice boys. More than a year after their popular series ended, Drake Bell and Josh Peck will reunite for a Drake & Josh Christmas movie. The plot revolves around the duo working as mall Santa and helper and promising a foster care girl the "best Christmas ever." The film begins airing this July which means it's going to be really freaking hot in the beard and Santa gear. I wonder if Miranda Cosgrove will sneak away from iCarly and appear in it. I'm still waiting for that reunion special of You Can't Do That on Television! I hear Alanis Morissette isn't doing much these days, and everyone knows slime never goes bad, or stops being funny.
Somebody give Nickelodeon a cookie, because the network "gets it."
The new comedy series iCarly, starring Miranda Cosgrove (Drake and Josh) as the host of a Web show, will allow kids at home to contribute content to the series through a special Web site where they can upload videos. Chosen videos may be integrated into future episodes, or become part of the online Webcast. The series will premiere with thirteen episodes this September.
I think this could be a really cool thing, and I hope more shows of this kind follow. Nickelodeon's audience now consists mostly of digital natives, kids more or less born and raised on the Web, and a new approach like this makes a lot of sense.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Supernatural' Season 10 Premiere Photos: Demon Dean Does Karaoke
- 'Real Housewives' Roundup: Brandi's Fight, Aviva's Lawsuit and Teresa's Homes
- 'The 100' Interview: Devon Bostick on Jasper's Transition Into a Stronger Person
- 'The Mysteries of Laura' Review: A Mom Cop Dramedy Trainwreck
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- More From BuddyTV
- Arrow Season 3 Poster Highlights the Fortified Team Arrow
- Bill Hader Returning to SNL as Host — Will Stefon Be Joining Him?
- Friends' Gunther Speaks Out 20 Years Later: 'Ross Doesn't Deserve Rachel'
- Ratings: Utopia Ticks Up, New Girl and Mindy Project Premieres Down
- New Girl Recruits a Person of Interest to Woo Jess in November
- More From TVLine
- Diane Keaton Has a Major Girl Crush on Amy Poehler
- Nasim Pedrad Does a Mean Aziz Ansari Impression
- Disney Is Releasing a 'Frozen' Wedding Dress
- Lolo Jones Is Definitely Not Taking Her 'Dancing with the Stars' Elimination Lightly
- Neil Patrick Harris Invites You to 'Choose Your Own Autobiography'
- More From ET