"We totally massacred his house," Cosgrove said. And did that producer write it off to capricious youth and laugh about it? Well, not really. But he did get some revenge. "He was very upset. But he tricked us and he told us he called the police."
That, according to Cosgrove, freaked everybody out, and made them scramble for someone to blame it on. Ah, to be young and innocent. Enjoy it now, cast and crew of 'iCarly,' before too long the lawyers get involved and these interviews get ugly.
Casting Roundup: Miranda Cosgrove to Guest on 'The Good Wife,' 'Buffy' Star Amber Benson Heads to 'Grey's Anatomy' and More
According to Ausiello Files, Cosgrove will play Sloan, a pop star who hires Alicia Florrick (Julianna Margulies) after being arrested and charged with a DUI.
"We're big 'iCarly' fans, so we really couldn't think of anyone better for this role than Miranda Cosgrove," Robert King, executive producer of 'The Good Wife,' said. "We were thrilled when she agreed to do it. It'll be fun to see her handle both the comedy and drama in the role, and we can't wait to see how she'll play across from Julianna."
Look for Alicia and Sloan to bond during the high profile trial. The episode is scheduled for Nov. 16. 'The Good Wife' premieres Sept. 28 at 10PM ET on CBS.
In other casting news ...
• Jon Seda is joining the cast of 'Treme.' The star of 'The Pacific' will play a venture capitalist from Dallas who has political ties. [Deadline Hollywood]
• 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' alumna Amber Benson will guest star on 'Grey's Anatomy.' Benson will play an estranged daughter of one of Cristina's patients in episode 7. [Ausiello Files]
"He's just awesome. He looks like he could totally be on a motorcycle and, like, his whole look. I don't know. He's amazing," Cosgrove said, clearly so enamored by the mere thought of LaBeouf that she was at a loss for words.
Watch the video after the jump.
More casting news after the jump.
The signing was from 12:00 P.M. to 2:30 P.M. I got there with her at 10:30 A.M., and they had already cut the line off and didn't allow anybody else to get on. People had apparently slept in their cars in the parking lot the night before to get in line early.
They had estimated Cosgrove could give 700 signatures. At a glance, I would say 5 to 10 times that number had attended the event. I even know a person who made it on the line and due to its lack of forward movement abandoned all hope around 1:30 P.M. Needless to say, my niece was among the many to walk away empty-handed.
What they really need to do is stream it on Hulu to ensure it is. The kids are online, you know.
But I digress. These are nice boys. More than a year after their popular series ended, Drake Bell and Josh Peck will reunite for a Drake & Josh Christmas movie. The plot revolves around the duo working as mall Santa and helper and promising a foster care girl the "best Christmas ever." The film begins airing this July which means it's going to be really freaking hot in the beard and Santa gear. I wonder if Miranda Cosgrove will sneak away from iCarly and appear in it. I'm still waiting for that reunion special of You Can't Do That on Television! I hear Alanis Morissette isn't doing much these days, and everyone knows slime never goes bad, or stops being funny.
Somebody give Nickelodeon a cookie, because the network "gets it."
The new comedy series iCarly, starring Miranda Cosgrove (Drake and Josh) as the host of a Web show, will allow kids at home to contribute content to the series through a special Web site where they can upload videos. Chosen videos may be integrated into future episodes, or become part of the online Webcast. The series will premiere with thirteen episodes this September.
I think this could be a really cool thing, and I hope more shows of this kind follow. Nickelodeon's audience now consists mostly of digital natives, kids more or less born and raised on the Web, and a new approach like this makes a lot of sense.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.9 Photos: Mommy, Daddy and Hope!
- If I Am Going Down That Dark Alley Then I Want These Characters With Me
- 'The Flash': The Good and Evil from 'Power Outage'
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Winter Finale Photos: Christmas Memories
- 'Criminal Minds' Recap: Rossi's Past Collides With His Present
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Readers Give Thanks for Castle, HTGAWM, Doctor Who, Mindy, NCIS, Freak Show, Once and More!
- Red Band Society's First Season Ending After 13 Episodes; Season 2 Unlikely
- What TVLine Is Thankful For: A Good Surprise, Homeland's Revival, Sexed-Up Murder, Sweet Jane and More
- Vampire Diaries Photos: Bonnie's Blue Christmas, Stefan's Big Reveal & More
- Flash Scoop: The Voice of Gideon Is...
- More From TVLine
- 9 Topics to Talk About During Thanksgiving Dinner (That Won't Start Any Family Fights)
- As New Cosby Accusers Come Forward, Legal Options Remain Limited
- Watch Michael Douglas Sneak Up On His Legendary Dad
- 14 Foolproof Tips For Conquering America's Favorite Holiday: Black Friday
- Chris Rock on Tracy Morgan's Recovery and How ET's Nischelle Turner Inspired 'Top Five'
- More From ET