The clip is an outtake of Chris Berman doing a Monday Night Football halftime show in 2000 (when MNF was on ABC and was still semi-relevant). Apparently, people were moving within Berman's line of sight while he was doing said halftime show, and he didn't like it. Nope, he didn't like it one bit. He hated it so much, that went on an obscenity-laden tirade, only to pause to take a dainty sip of what looks like a Diet Coke.
After what he did the other night, don't espect Jimmy Kimmel to pop up on ESPN's Monday Night Football again.
The show has banned the late night talk show host after his appearance two nights ago. During the Giants/Falcons game, Kimmel suddenly said "I'd also like to welcome Joe Theismann, watching from his living room at home with steam coming out of his ears." Theissman was let go from the show before this season started. MNF producer Jay Rothman called what Kimmel said "classless and disappointing."
The video after the jump has the joke about Theismann, but Kimmel also asked if it was Tony Kornheiser who got Theismann fired and joked about Kornheiser and Ron Jaworski betting on games.
The ESPN sports show host (and subject of that lame Jason Alexander sitcom from a couple of years ago, Listen Up) makes his debut tonight on Monday Night Football, a preseason game between the Raiders and the Vikings, and he's a little worried about it. As he says in a not-so-subtle way in this New York Times piece, "I'm going to bomb."
Maybe this is just a way of lowering expectations. He's not going to bomb or be terrible. I mean, Tony, it can't be any worse than Listen Up, can it?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revolution' Creator Eric Kripke Answers: Will the Story Live On?
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.6 Photos: A Visit from April's Mom
- 'Constantine' Series Premiere Recap: John Constantine Makes a Big Entrance
- The 10 Best Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Reign' Episode 2.5 Photos: Will Greer Get Married?
- More From BuddyTV
- Castle Scoop: Krista Allen Cast as Former B-Movie Star
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Supernatural's Jensen Ackles
- Ratings: Constantine Does Sub-Dracula Numbers, Blue Bloods Hits Highs
- Constantine: Will You Go to Hell and Back for NBC's New Drama?
- Grimm Season 4 Premiere Recap: Trubel-ing Times
- More From TVLine