The clip is an outtake of Chris Berman doing a Monday Night Football halftime show in 2000 (when MNF was on ABC and was still semi-relevant). Apparently, people were moving within Berman's line of sight while he was doing said halftime show, and he didn't like it. Nope, he didn't like it one bit. He hated it so much, that went on an obscenity-laden tirade, only to pause to take a dainty sip of what looks like a Diet Coke.
After what he did the other night, don't espect Jimmy Kimmel to pop up on ESPN's Monday Night Football again.
The show has banned the late night talk show host after his appearance two nights ago. During the Giants/Falcons game, Kimmel suddenly said "I'd also like to welcome Joe Theismann, watching from his living room at home with steam coming out of his ears." Theissman was let go from the show before this season started. MNF producer Jay Rothman called what Kimmel said "classless and disappointing."
The video after the jump has the joke about Theismann, but Kimmel also asked if it was Tony Kornheiser who got Theismann fired and joked about Kornheiser and Ron Jaworski betting on games.
The ESPN sports show host (and subject of that lame Jason Alexander sitcom from a couple of years ago, Listen Up) makes his debut tonight on Monday Night Football, a preseason game between the Raiders and the Vikings, and he's a little worried about it. As he says in a not-so-subtle way in this New York Times piece, "I'm going to bomb."
Maybe this is just a way of lowering expectations. He's not going to bomb or be terrible. I mean, Tony, it can't be any worse than Listen Up, can it?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Resurrection's' Frances Fisher: 'How do you accept the impossible?'
- 'Chopped Tournament of Stars': Greg Louganis and Brandi Chastain get athletic in the kitchen
- 'My Five Wives' premiere: Meet the women married to Brady Williams
- 'Once Upon a Time' spoilers: Lana Parrilla dishes on the 'deliciously wicked' midseason premiere, teases romance for Regina
- Lena Dunham hosts 'Saturday Night Live': Liam Neeson, Jon Hamm, Fred Armisen show up for surprise cameos
- More From Zap2it
- Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers From Crazy Ones, Revolution, Modern Family, Oscars & More
- Lena Dunham Hosts Saturday Night Live: Watch Video of the Best and Worst Sketches
- Louis C.K. Set for Saturday Night Live Encore
- Pilot News: Robert Patrick, Amy Sedaris and a Desperate Housewife Are Among Latest Castings
- Hot Video: In 24: Live Another Day, All Jack Must Stop Is a New 'World War'— Also: Is That…?!
- More From TVLine