The clip is an outtake of Chris Berman doing a Monday Night Football halftime show in 2000 (when MNF was on ABC and was still semi-relevant). Apparently, people were moving within Berman's line of sight while he was doing said halftime show, and he didn't like it. Nope, he didn't like it one bit. He hated it so much, that went on an obscenity-laden tirade, only to pause to take a dainty sip of what looks like a Diet Coke.
After what he did the other night, don't espect Jimmy Kimmel to pop up on ESPN's Monday Night Football again.
The show has banned the late night talk show host after his appearance two nights ago. During the Giants/Falcons game, Kimmel suddenly said "I'd also like to welcome Joe Theismann, watching from his living room at home with steam coming out of his ears." Theissman was let go from the show before this season started. MNF producer Jay Rothman called what Kimmel said "classless and disappointing."
The video after the jump has the joke about Theismann, but Kimmel also asked if it was Tony Kornheiser who got Theismann fired and joked about Kornheiser and Ron Jaworski betting on games.
The ESPN sports show host (and subject of that lame Jason Alexander sitcom from a couple of years ago, Listen Up) makes his debut tonight on Monday Night Football, a preseason game between the Raiders and the Vikings, and he's a little worried about it. As he says in a not-so-subtle way in this New York Times piece, "I'm going to bomb."
Maybe this is just a way of lowering expectations. He's not going to bomb or be terrible. I mean, Tony, it can't be any worse than Listen Up, can it?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Once Upon a Time in Wonderland': 22 Exciting and Shocking Moments from 'Home'
- TV's 100 Sexiest Women of 2013
- 'Project Runway All Stars' Season 3: Ranking the Looks of 'As Sewn on TV'
- TV's Top 14 Tear-Jerking Moments of 2013
- 'Scandal' Mid-Season Finale: 20 Jaw-Dropping Moments from 'A Door Marked Exit'
- More From BuddyTV
- The best TV of 2013, probably? Top 10 shows I didn't really watch this year
- 'Blue Bloods' Len Cariou dinner scene trick: 'If you're really clever, you don't have to eat at all'
- 'Psych: The Musical' first look video: 'Jamaican Inspector' Psych-out with Gus
- TV ratings: 'Scandal' rises with fall finale and 'Big Bang Theory' tops Thursday
- 'House of Cards' Season 2 trailer: Frank Underwood is 'climbing to the top of the food chain'
- More From Zap2it
- Exclusive: The Crazy Ones Lands Cheryl Hines
- TVLine Items: Portia de Rossi Saves the World, SNL to Add Black Female Cast Member and More
- Exclusive Tomorrow People Video: A Fired-Up Cara Kicks Butt and Takes Names
- How Should SOA Kill Off Gemma? Scandal Prez on Grey's? Ichabod's Son Lives? And More Qs!
- Revenge Fall Finale Poll: Who Shoots Emily?
- More From TVLine