There have been a lot of Muppet projects in and out of development over the last couple years or so. Some came to fruition, some never quite made it, and others still remain in limbo.
There has been talk for awhile now about the possibility of a brand new, primetime Muppet series, a rumor TV Guide recently perpetuated, although Jim Henson Studios denies such a project exists. Citing an inside source, TV Guide writes that the new series would use modern technology to allow the Muppets to actually get up and walk around.
If you've been enjoying the antics of Benny Hill on BBC America, I have sad news for you: the series is being removed from the channel.
The decision to remove The Benny Hill Show from the channel's lineup is just part of a new makeover that's discarding many older shows for newer ones. The channel hopes to give American audiences more modern shows instead of older fare such as Hill and Are You Being Served? and replace them with newer shows like Torchwood and Hollyoaks.
I must say, I never really understood the appeal of Benny Hill, though that certainly doesn't mean it was a bad show. Obviously, a lot of people liked the series, and how many of us can watch a scene shot in high speed and not start humming that goofy Benny Hill chase music?
I have to ask: will any of you miss Benny once he's gone? Or is he an artifact of an earlier age and no longer relevant?
[via CC Insider]
There's a whole sub-genre of sitcoms which I suppose could be called the "fish out of water" sub-genre. These were sitcoms whose whole comedic premise was based on taking the main characters out of their element and putting them into an entirely new one with the hope that comedy would ensue. The 1980s were rife with these types of shows. Some found an audience, such as ALF, and others, like The Charmings, well, didn't.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Michael Buble and Mariah Carey hit 'All I Want for Christmas is You' for holiday special
- 'The Voice': Jacquie Lee gets a Christina Aguilera parting gift
- Hillary Clinton is Barbara Walters' most fascinating person of 2013 and the past 20 years
- Miley Cyrus: 'I'm either boring or I'm a slut,' she tells Barbara Walters
- Why 'Nashville' shouldn't kill off Will (and should kill off Crazy Peggy) - GIFs
- More From Zap2it
- The X Factor Season 3 Performance Finale Recap: Dream Until Your Dreams Come True
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson Suspended in Wake of Anti-Gay Tirade – Was It the Right Call?
- Snow Kidding: Super Bowl XLVIII Date Could Move in the Event of Extreme Weather
- Fall TV Ratings Champs: NFL, Voice and Spader Fuel NBC's Demo Win; CBS Draws Most Eyeballs
- Scoop: Marcia Cross Eyes TV Comeback as Fatrick's Mother in Fox Comedy Pilot
- More From TVLine