A documentary about Second Life that actually takes place within the virtual world has been picked up by HBO for a premiere sometime next year.
The documentary, Molotov's Dispatches in Search of the Creator: A Second Life Odyssey, was created by multimedia director Douglas Gayeton, whose avatar, Molotov Alva, serves as a guide through the virtual 3D world. Gayeton previously worked on the CD-ROM version of the film Johnny Menemonic, and is a partner with Propaganda Films along with David Fincher, Spike Jonze, and Alex Proyas. The documentary was produced by Submarine in Amsterdam, however, not Propaganda.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 17' Week 5: Vanessa's 2nd HoH Photos
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: Jason vs. Becky and the Twins Enter the Game
- 'Teen Wolf': Why Stiles and Lydia are Perfect Together
- More From BuddyTV
- Fox Cancels Seacrest's Knock Knock
- Looking Cancellation: HBO Boss Talks 'Painful' Decision to End Series
- TVLine Items: Top Gear Hosts' New Show, Gilmore Girls Reruns and More
- Game of Thrones Poised to End With Season 8, HBO 'Open' to Prequel
- True Detective Backlash: HBO Boss 'Enormously Proud' of Season 2
- More From TVLine
- Rep: Paula Deen Is Not Getting a Divorce Despite Rumors
- Betty White and Bob Barker Call for Cecil the Lion's Killer to Be Punished
- Kylie Jenner is Going To Spend Her 18th Birthday in Canada
- This 2-Year-Old Loves a Local Personal Injury Lawyer So Much That He Made It His Birthday Theme
- ‘Spider-Man' Writers on Taking ‘John Hughes' Approach: ‘We Are Going to Write a Real Kid'
- More From ET