Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe) tells US that a reunion, whether on TV or on the big-screen, will probably never happen because the creators (Marta Kauffmann and David Crane) don't think it's a good idea. Kudrow isn't sure how a reunion would work anyway, but she seems to be up for it if they can do something interesting.
Would you want to see a reunion? Friends is one of my favorite shows, but I'm wondering how they could do a reunion. Would it be the same without the old set (Monica and Chandler bought a house and Joey moved out to L.A. to...well...star in a short-lived sitcom)? They'd have to get Central Perk in there somehow.
Well, technically, we can't get our fix of full episodes on "the Tubez," but the site still provides us with plenty of fodder; fan dedications, clip montages, and music videos galore. Let's face it: people love their Hurley birds, smoke monsters, and everlasting, cancer-conquering romances. And why shouldn't they?
The thought of barbecues and July 4th parties got me thinking about which TV characters with whom I'd like to spend Independence Day. I wouldn't want them here at my place, though, I want to go to their places. I have high expectations, too, and a vivid imagination.
Here's the six TV characters who could expect me to join them to watch the rockets red glare -- if only they were real live folks and not just my fictional faves.
First Jennifer Aniston says that she would be open to a Friends reunion special, and now Courtney Cox-Arquette says that she would be open to getting the old gang back together too. Says Courtney: "I haven't gotten a call, but I wouldn't be opposed to the idea."
I wouldn't mind seeing a reunion special either, but here's what I don't want to see: 1.) the whole cast sitting around the Monica and Rachel's apartment, reminisicing about the good old days, or 2.) massive changes in what has happened to the characters: Monica and Chandler separated, Phoebe divorced, Joey now smart, etc. Just have the show be like a regular episode: well written and funny.
What do you think the reunion special should be? Maybe Monica, Rachel, Chandler, Ross, and Phoebe find out that Joey is trapped in a bad spinoff sitcom in Hollywood and decide to fly out there to convince him to come back to NYC?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Constantine' Recap: John and Papa Midnite Join Forces
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Which Guy's Got Moves Like Elvis?
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: Which Team is Targeted By the Other Racers?
- Best ?Bones? Quotes from 'The Puzzler in the Pit'
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 17 Shocking Moments from 'Fade Into You'
- More From BuddyTV
- Report: X Factor May Return to Fox
- Ratings: Constantine and Shark Tank Rise, H50 Hits Season Highs
- HTGAWM Post Mortem: EP Talks 'Murder Night' Aftermath — 'You Should Be Worried About Everyone'
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Charlie Hunnam
- Hell on Wheels Sneak Peek: Cullen Plots His Escape in Season Finale
- More From TVLine