I'll blame my relative indifference toward the anime series itself, but it was only recently that I had heard anything about a live-action Dragon Ball Z flick.
Last month, IGN had a brief write-up about the alleged adaptation, but didn't have much other than speculation. Now, however, comes word that the movie will begin shooting in Montreal sometime in the near future, with plans to wrap production by next July. There has been no official word on who will star in it, or who will make it, though Roland Emmerich's name was tossed around.
Actor and comedian Bill Bellamy will host the fifth season of Last Comic Standing when it returns to NBC this summer, but that's not the only change for the comedy showcase / reality series. In addition to holding auditions in Minneapolis, Los Angeles, New York City, San Antonio and Tempe, Arizona, the show will also be seeking out talent in Sydney, London and Montreal. Season two finalists Ant and Kathleen Madigan will serve as judges along with season three winner Alonzo Bodden. Auditions kick off this month in Los Angeles on February 26.
I stopped watching the series after the first couple seasons, and even then I didn't watch it religiously. Nevertheless, I'm always surprised how many comedians I've grown fond of have actually appeared on the show. None of them have actually won, but maybe that means I should watch and root for the underdog. In other words, if you end up on the show and I like you, you're probably not going to win.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- NCIS Season 12 Premiere Recap: The Russian Is Coming
- Dancing With the Stars Week 2 Results: Did The Right Couple Go Home?
- Syfy Orders to Series Alien Hunter Adaptation From Walking Dead EP
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Castle, Outlander, Bones, Grey's, Walking Dead, Chicago PD, Arrow and More
- James Franco on His New AOL Series Making a Scene: 'They Were All Weird'
- More From TVLine
- Sarah Hyland Gets Restraining Order Against Ex
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Makes an Inspiring Video on Feminism
- Rosie O'Donnell Addresses Rumored 'The View' Feud with Barbara Walters
- Apparently Sexy Criminals Are A Thing Now
- Why Paula Deen Could Have One of the Biggest Comebacks in Media History
- More From ET