"Well, we did a whole episode on busting the conspiracy theory that the moon landing was faked, and there are some people who are still unconvinced," Savage answered. "So we would love to -- if time, money were no object -- build a spaceship, go to the moon and come back with a piece of Apollo hardware -- all in one take."
If you didn't realize it, Stephen Colbert also covered the historic event on July 20, 1969. Well, in a way. I'm assuming that this is probably a little more true-to-life than a lot people might realize, since Colbert was into this stuff when he was young and actually does have a soft spot for Nixon. The kid they have playing him is pretty funny.
|The Colbert Report||Mon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|
|40th Anniversary of the Moon Landing|
[via TV Newser]
They're celebrating the 40th anniversary of the moon landing on Monday, July 20 with classic, revered movies you'd expect, like The Right Stuff and From The Earth To The Moon, but they also have the sense of humor to also show They Came From Beyond Space, a ridiculous (but entertaining), low-budget 60s sci-fi movie about aliens who come to take over Earth but can't control one scientist because he has a metal plate in his head.
Here's the full schedule for the all-day TCM marathon.
The team of Kari, Grant, and Tori went to the Marshall Space Flight Center to use a vacuum chamber. While there, they will be recreating Dave Scott's famous hammer and feather drop from the Apollo 15 mission.
National Geographic asks: were the moon landings faked?
I respond: No, no they were not.
However, if you want a little more substance to your answer, the National Geographic Channel is airing a six-part Behind the Mysteries airing January 23 through 25. The episodes will look into the aforementioned claims about the moon landings and ancient astronauts, Roswell, the possibilities of alien contact, life on Mars and the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle. The dates and times for the episodes are:
January 23 at 9pm: Roswell
January 23 at 10pm: Alien Contact
January 24 at 9pm: Life on Mars
January 24 at 10pm: Conspiracy Moon Landing
January 25 at 9pm: Ancient Astronauts
January 25 at 10pm: Bermuda Triangle
I don't pretend to have all the answers, but I do know that ancient astronauts did in fact exist. I've provided a video that proves this, after the jump. Only click ahead if you're prepared for the truth.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' Star Kyle Richards on Brandi Glanville: 'We Won't Be Friends Again'
- 'Kardashians' Couple Officially Divorced, Bruce Jenner to Change Name?
- 'The Amazing Race' Predictions: Who Will Win Season 25?
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Star NeNe Leakes: ' I'm Not Friends With Cynthia'
- 'The 100': The Ups and Downs of Finn's Journey
- More From BuddyTV
- Colbert Report's Final Episode: Murder, Santa Claus and So. Many. Celebrities.
- Post Mortem: Covert Affairs EPs on Annie's Big Choices, Auggie's News — Plus: Will There Be a Season 6?
- Post Mortem: White Collar Boss on Neal's Last Con, Alternate Ending
- Parenthood Creator Jason Katims Confirms Series Finale Airdate, Title
- Vampire Diaries: Ian Somerhalder to Direct Season 6 Episode
- More From TVLine