"Well, we did a whole episode on busting the conspiracy theory that the moon landing was faked, and there are some people who are still unconvinced," Savage answered. "So we would love to -- if time, money were no object -- build a spaceship, go to the moon and come back with a piece of Apollo hardware -- all in one take."
If you didn't realize it, Stephen Colbert also covered the historic event on July 20, 1969. Well, in a way. I'm assuming that this is probably a little more true-to-life than a lot people might realize, since Colbert was into this stuff when he was young and actually does have a soft spot for Nixon. The kid they have playing him is pretty funny.
|The Colbert Report||Mon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|
|40th Anniversary of the Moon Landing|
[via TV Newser]
They're celebrating the 40th anniversary of the moon landing on Monday, July 20 with classic, revered movies you'd expect, like The Right Stuff and From The Earth To The Moon, but they also have the sense of humor to also show They Came From Beyond Space, a ridiculous (but entertaining), low-budget 60s sci-fi movie about aliens who come to take over Earth but can't control one scientist because he has a metal plate in his head.
Here's the full schedule for the all-day TCM marathon.
The team of Kari, Grant, and Tori went to the Marshall Space Flight Center to use a vacuum chamber. While there, they will be recreating Dave Scott's famous hammer and feather drop from the Apollo 15 mission.
National Geographic asks: were the moon landings faked?
I respond: No, no they were not.
However, if you want a little more substance to your answer, the National Geographic Channel is airing a six-part Behind the Mysteries airing January 23 through 25. The episodes will look into the aforementioned claims about the moon landings and ancient astronauts, Roswell, the possibilities of alien contact, life on Mars and the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle. The dates and times for the episodes are:
January 23 at 9pm: Roswell
January 23 at 10pm: Alien Contact
January 24 at 9pm: Life on Mars
January 24 at 10pm: Conspiracy Moon Landing
January 25 at 9pm: Ancient Astronauts
January 25 at 10pm: Bermuda Triangle
I don't pretend to have all the answers, but I do know that ancient astronauts did in fact exist. I've provided a video that proves this, after the jump. Only click ahead if you're prepared for the truth.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'The Lawn Chair'
- 'The Amazing Race' Leg 3 Prediction: Which Team Will Go Home?
- [Video] 'Real Housewives of Orange County' Star Tamra Judge Leaks 'Sex Tape' with Husband
- Kim Kardashian: 'I Have the Hairiest Forehead'
- 'The 100' Season 2 Finale Photos: Will the Mountain Men Win?
- More From BuddyTV
- Scandal Recap: Olivia Defuses a Bad Situation, Fitz Seeks a New VP
- American Crime: Does ABC's Morally Gray Drama Hit Too Close to Home?
- USA Network's DIG: Are You Heifer or Against the New Mystery Drama?
- Pilot News: Originals' Daniel Sharman Checks into CBS Medical Drama LFE
- American Idol Top 8 Ladies Recap: Shock and 'Awww!'
- More From TVLine
- 'Once Upon a Time' Sneak Peak: The Queens of Darkness Want to Destroy The Charming Family!
- Dr. Phil Stages 'Intervention' with Bobbi Kristina's Boyfriend Nick Gordon
- Hugh Jackman, Chris Hemsworth Make Mullets Sexy on 'Tonight Show'
- Star Shots: What's On Instagram?
- Stars and Their Adorable Pets
- More From ET